Author Topic: Dr. Dre sampling Aaliyah for new song  (Read 832 times)

woof

Dr. Dre sampling Aaliyah for new song
« on: August 12, 2012, 11:39:26 AM »
Reservoir Media Management EVP Rell Lafargue estimates that there is enough leftover material for two posthumous Aaliyah albums, while Hankerson says that approximation might be "a little premature." Talks between Blackground and Reservoir began roughly 15 months ago for the latter to acquire the 500-song catalog that includes Aaliyah's archives, music from Static Major and albums from JoJo, Timbaland, Magoo and Tank. As part of the deal, Reservoir, a boutique publishing company with top 40 hits from 50 Cent, Madonna and Justin Timberlake, will market Aaliyah's music to television and film, as well as release songs to online services like iTunes and Spotify where much of her music cannot be currently found. Additionally, the company will assist with licensing of songs for covers and sampling (Lafargue notes that there are talks of Dr. Dre sampling "Rock the Boat" for a new song).
Read more at http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/industry/record-labels/drake-missy-timbaland-blackground-records-1007791552.story#6MAEGjjv3TLjEEdf.99

Will_B

Re: Dr. Dre sampling Aaliyah for new song
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 11:52:01 AM »
Interesting

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 12:31:10 PM »
is it just gonna be the words "rock the boat or is just gonna sample a part of the instrumental?  that's all that really matters

Sccit

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 12:57:28 PM »
PROBABLY THE MAIN MELODY OF THE INSTRUMENTAL...I CAN SEE DRE FLIPPIN THAT NICELY

Matty

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 01:12:45 PM »
there is a cool dam funk remix of this track. i have this version which is flipped a little bit more, its got a quite a spaced out funk sound.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9kgg83um5mv8uhe

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 05:30:57 PM »
PROBABLY THE MAIN MELODY OF THE INSTRUMENTAL...I CAN SEE DRE FLIPPIN THAT NICELY
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Unforgivable by Sean John

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 06:08:39 PM »
we've been hearing about this song for months. it was titled "dope" and it features game. i assume its been complete but legal shiznit prevented it from being on the red album. remember the rumor at one point was that "dope" and "dead people" got moved to detox??

Will_B

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 02:02:06 AM »
we've been hearing about this song for months. it was titled "dope" and it features game. i assume its been complete but legal shiznit prevented it from being on the red album. remember the rumor at one point was that "dope" and "dead people" got moved to detox??

Rumor has it Dre spends every evening randomising the Detox session tracks on his iTunes

jaytee

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 02:23:27 AM »

If that's the case, then they're probably working with the first few lines of the song.

Boy, you know you make me float
Boy, you really get me high
I feel like I'm on dope
'Cause you serve me on a regular

It would be nice if they flipped the instrumental too.

FUCK-YOU-BItch

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2012, 02:50:30 AM »
For what? Detox? fuck this nicca!

Will_B

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2012, 03:03:36 AM »

If that's the case, then they're probably working with the first few lines of the song.

Boy, you know you make me float
Boy, you really get me high
I feel like I'm on dope
'Cause you serve me on a regular

It would be nice if they flipped the instrumental too.

Good call

JonnyTanna

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2012, 01:02:53 PM »
I am disappointed with that I've heard of Detox so far, I thought it was going to be some far out, surround sound, concept album similar to Pink Floyd's Dark Side of The Moon. So far I've heard nothing but sloppy turds