Author Topic: Does the idea that you can't live forever bother you?  (Read 1794 times)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
Re: Does the idea that you can't live forever bother you?
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2012, 12:35:54 PM »
the idea knowing some of these ppl will one day cease to exist gives me hope for mankind

Q U A K E

• Lil Geezy
  • Prai$ez 2 $hiVa 4 this priceless puff!
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2012, 02:48:28 PM »
it should only be scary when u are brainwashed to think that this physical body and physical universe is reality and nothing else exists (materialism). its obvious to me and anyone whose ever taken psychadelics that this body is just a temporary condiut, like a computer that allows one to perceive and functio nin the matrix of the physical universe, like the internet. so when u realize that u are not actually this body but this body is just a piece of hardware that can be replaced with the energy that ur spirit soul naturally possesses then its not so much scary. being on shrooms or especially salvia is like experiencing death of the body and rebirth... 8)
1 for the Treble and 2 for the bass...
RAP QUAKE with the flows to make the world shake.

peep my newest (practice raps) shit at www.soundclick.com/RapQuake

older shit at www.soundclick.com/UCSDeeeez

Sccit

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2012, 07:18:35 PM »
GOOD POINT.....SHROOMS MAKES U REAL EYES REALIZE REAL LIES

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2012, 07:42:28 PM »
I don't want to live this one life forever because that would eventually get stale. But I wish I could live life over again, if that makes sense. Do shit completely differently. Make different friends, have sex with different girls, have a different career. Try out all those opportunities I didn't take this time.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2012, 07:45:04 PM »
Even if granted eternal youth with immortality, you still wouldn't be able to hold up. Imagine in a million years everything you've experienced and having to store all that in your brain. You won't be able to keep up mentally and you will eventually go insane.

Not entirely true. I've forgotten tons of stuff from my childhood. I think your mind would start deleting stuff to make room for new information.

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2012, 07:48:35 PM »
Even if granted eternal youth with immortality, you still wouldn't be able to hold up. Imagine in a million years everything you've experienced and having to store all that in your brain. You won't be able to keep up mentally and you will eventually go insane.

Not entirely true. I've forgotten tons of stuff from my childhood. I think your mind would start deleting stuff to make room for new information.

NAAH, U DIDNT FORGET IT...THAT SHIT STORES IN UR SUBCONSCIOUS MIND. IF U WERE ABLE TO USE A HIGHER PERCENTAGE OF UR BRAIN, U COULD DIG DEEPER AND FIND IT. FOR INSTANCE, U MAY NOT REMEMBER SOMETHING NOW, BUT A CERTAIN SMELL OR TASTE OR VISION CAN SPARK A MEMORY OF IT, IF THAT MAKES SENSE. ITS ALL STORED IN A FILE THAT U TYPICALLY WOULD NEVER OPEN, UNLESS SOMETHING MADE U OPEN IT.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2012, 08:28:17 PM »

NAAH, U DIDNT FORGET IT...THAT SHIT STORES IN UR SUBCONSCIOUS MIND. IF U WERE ABLE TO USE A HIGHER PERCENTAGE OF UR BRAIN, U COULD DIG DEEPER AND FIND IT. FOR INSTANCE, U MAY NOT REMEMBER SOMETHING NOW, BUT A CERTAIN SMELL OR TASTE OR VISION CAN SPARK A MEMORY OF IT, IF THAT MAKES SENSE. ITS ALL STORED IN A FILE THAT U TYPICALLY WOULD NEVER OPEN, UNLESS SOMETHING MADE U OPEN IT.
Now imagine storing stuff over thousands or millions of years. You're brain can't handle all that.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2012, 08:58:46 PM »

some stuff yeah. But some stuff I've forgotten entirely. To the point where I can't remember even if someone reminds me. Now either they're making stuff up or I forgot the memory completely.

Your mind would find some way of coping. Even if it had to go on some Memento type shit where you can't make new memories.

Sccit

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2012, 09:03:59 PM »

some stuff yeah. But some stuff I've forgotten entirely. To the point where I can't remember even if someone reminds me. Now either they're making stuff up or I forgot the memory completely.

Your mind would find some way of coping. Even if it had to go on some Memento type shit where you can't make new memories.

BUT IT'S STILL THERE, DEEP IN YOUR MIND. U JUST CANT DIG DEEP ENOUGH 2 FIND IT. U CAN TAKE ACID ONE DAY, AND THAT MEMORY WILL APPEAR AS A VISUAL, OUTTA NOWHERE. THERE IS NO RECYCLE BIN IN THE BRAIN THAT U CAN EMPTY.

Sikotic™

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2012, 09:36:12 PM »

Now imagine storing stuff over thousands or millions of years. You're brain can't handle all that.
Like I said: that's where computer chips will eventually come in.

MARK OF THE BEAST. WE COMIN FO YOU NIGGA!!!!
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2012, 09:37:52 PM »
?

the idea you can't live forever doesn't bother me

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2012, 07:33:32 AM »
I'm on my Ray Kurzweil shit.

Ray is the truth!