Author Topic: Boston Sends Adrian Gonzalez, Josh Beckett & Carl Crawford To The Dodgers  (Read 976 times)

MistaNova

Dodgers Get:
Adrian Gonzalez, Josh Beckett, Carl Crawford and Nick Punto

Red Sox Get:
Rubby De La Rosa, Ivan De Jesus, Jerry Sands and James Loney

Basicly Boston won't be a threat next year.

Hack Wilson - real

Boston is going to resign Ellsbury and probably go after Hamilton

but YES this totally fucks Boston in the short term by losing their best hitter  8)

the problem is they lose their worst pitcher in Beckett lol

Remedy360

Holy hell, LA is trying to join the elite spenders along with NY, Boston, PHI, etc (or maybe that was all of them).

MistaNova

the problem is they lose their worst pitcher in Beckett lol

Like the pitchers they have left are any better? People have been saying that Boston's starting rotation has been a piece of shit all season and even though Beckett's the one getting the most publicity, it takes 5 men to make up a rotation.
Still, this means more holes for the Red Sox line-up that probably won't be fixed during the off-season and their DH position next year is still in question.
I wonder...

Holy hell, LA is trying to join the elite spenders along with NY, Boston, PHI, etc (or maybe that was all of them).
Only difference is that LA's spending on players who (on paper) make the team look like they could squash any other team in their division.

Your favorite posters favorite poster

Props to Boston for shedding all that salary

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
^Yeah, it might appear like rape, but this was smart as fuck.

Hack Wilson - real

^Yeah, it might appear like rape, but this was smart as fuck.

once they get a legit first basemen it's a smart move

until then?  BUTT RAPE :D

LONEY FOR GONZO lmao

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
They got four nice prospects from what I understand.

Plus they can now afford to pay Josh Hamilton whatever the hell he wants in the offseason. Boston's GM said "In order to build the team we want to build to contend, we needed to shed this salary". I'm pretty sure that more or less means just pay Josh Hamilton everything they were paying Gonzo, Crawford & Beckett lol.

Hack Wilson - real

They got four nice prospects from what I understand.

Plus they can now afford to pay Josh Hamilton whatever the hell he wants in the offseason. Boston's GM said "In order to build the team we want to build to contend, we needed to shed this salary". I'm pretty sure that more or less means just pay Josh Hamilton everything they were paying Gonzo, Crawford & Beckett lol.

oh i'ld LOVE LOVE LOVE to see HAmilton as a Sock

doing heroin in the lockerroom while Lester and Lackey drink thier beer

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Somebody be my nigga & explain to me why there were allowed to execute a trade after the deadline?