Author Topic: Throwback: Ghostface sayin the new Wu album is bullshit  (Read 1129 times)

Sccit

Re: Throwback: Ghostface sayin the new Wu album is bullshit
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2012, 11:21:36 PM »
only a fucking douche would say the doggfather is a good album
apart from 1-2 tracks the project is complete garbage
one of the worst followups to a CLASSIC ever

this post should be a legit bannable offense

ANgry!

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2012, 11:57:59 PM »
only a fucking douche would say the doggfather is a good album
apart from 1-2 tracks the project is complete garbage
one of the worst followups to a CLASSIC ever

this post should be a legit bannable offense

doggystyle still sounds fresh today, doggfather sounded dated the day it came out
only a tone deaf stan would put it anywhere near doggystyle

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2012, 12:00:08 AM »
i sure love "The Vapors"  8)

why wasn't Midnight Love on Doggfatha?

ANgry!

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2012, 12:01:57 AM »
i think the main problem is that they aint lettin rza do his thing....instead, they tryna get swizz beats and neptunes and shit, and rza wants 2 keep it true to the authentic wu-tang shit, which some other members are tired of. just the difference in opinion goin in already fux with the chemistry and the probability of puttin forth their best effort. let the producer of the group produce. all the greatest albums were made that way.

Word... like not having Warren G produce the 2-1-3 album, although the album did have some nice cuts on there.

...this is the problem with hip-hop today.  Puffy started this thing in 97', 98' where he started doing songs for everybody, appearing in everyone's video's, and next thing you know Snoop started doing the same shit and the rest of the game followed.   

Back in the golden age of hip-hop rappers usually kept it in house.  Worked with artists they were down with, rappers from the same hood, region, or at least artists with similar styles.   Chemistry was very important to making a great record.  Rza is the genius behind Wu-tang, to not have him manage and produce the Wu-Tang album is bullshit.   

yea...that 213 album was dope. but it had potential to be classic if warren handled the bulk of the production. the fact that he didn't produce one song was a mockery. i remember he came on here saying he was gunna release a version of the album where he re-mixed all the songs with his own beats. i guess that never came to fruition (although, i do remember a remix or 2 surfacing).

you're 100% right, though....the game changed for the worse. more crews need 2 keep shit in-house. very little people are doin it that way nowadays.

the 213 project was awful at best

Sccit

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2012, 12:22:47 AM »
If "doggfather" woulda been snoops debut, it'd be classic. the only reason it was a letdown was because "doggystyle" was a flawless debut

ANgry!

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2012, 12:27:48 AM »
if that was his debut his career would have been done right there and then

Sccit

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2012, 12:38:16 AM »

Doubt it

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2012, 12:45:36 AM »

Doubt it

are we pretending nobody would know Snoop from Deep Cover and the Chronic?

those really helped promote him well

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2012, 09:25:32 AM »
i sure love "The Vapors"  8)

why wasn't Midnight Love on Doggfatha?
the track was recorded after tha doggfather. i love that doggfather album though, all it was missing was dj quik.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2012, 09:37:27 AM »
If "doggfather" woulda been snoops debut, it'd be classic. the only reason it was a letdown was because "doggystyle" was a flawless debut

why r u stanning so hard Nik?  i know it's just your opinion but damn son.

"Tha Doggfather" along with alot of Snoop's later albums are "the albums that could've been".  Him, Pac, and Dre (ironically) and a few other cats (like Bone Thugs) are pretty much the poster children 4 that

Da Game Is To Be Sold, Not To Be Told
Top Dogg
Tha Last Meal
Tha Blue Carpet Treatment

and even Malice In Wonderland could've been better than what it was.

Proper quality oversight has ALWAYS been Snoop's problem ever since Dre left Death Row in 96' (16 years ago).  He has the body of work to supplement his career and accolades but the end result of some of his albums will make u believe otherwise.  His ego and Executives played a huge part of that part problem.

Sccit

« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2012, 07:04:22 PM »
Last Meal, Top Dogg, and Doggfather were all great albums.. thats all there really is to it. Blue Carpet Treatment was really good, as well.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2012, 07:32:24 PM »
Last Meal, Top Dogg, and Doggfather were all great albums.. thats all there really is to it. Blue Carpet Treatment was really good, as well.

blue carpet sucks

but doggfather was nice   just disappointing

Sccit

« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2012, 07:42:02 PM »

blue carpet sucks

i wouldnt say it sucked...it is a notch under top dogg, last meal, n doggfather tho

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2012, 08:41:46 PM »

blue carpet sucks

i wouldnt say it sucked...it is a notch under top dogg, last meal, n doggfather tho

That's your opinion Nik.  Just becuz Snoop said that he signs more "Doggfather" albums than "Doggystyle" doesn't automatically make it great.  I fucked with that album but it literally had the potential to be so much better than it was and there's evidence and facts showing that. 

Don't lie, it's only years later that u truly appreciated that album for what it was.  Don't get caught up in that "Google Search Engine History" state of mind like the rest of these online bamaz do