Author Topic: D12 >>>>>>>>> Slaughterhouse  (Read 812 times)

Lucifuge

Re: D12 >>>>>>>>> Slaughterhouse
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2012, 01:52:00 PM »
Devills night got 10 bangers, album is dope for me, beter than both SH album's

10 bangers??  do we have the same CD here?  :eh:

Shit Can Happen,Pistol Pistol,Nasty Mind,American Psycho,That's How,Pimp Like Me,Blow My Buzz,Devil's Night,Revelation... shit this is mega dope cd 8) 8)
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2012, 02:03:04 PM »

Shit Can Happen,Pistol Pistol,Nasty Mind,American Psycho,That's How,Pimp Like Me,Blow My Buzz,Devil's Night,Revelation... shit this is mega dope cd 8) 8)

i love american psycho and pistol pistol

deivils night, fight music and revelation are also dope but just not on the level of those others

besides those i can't say i ever cared for the rest of the CD   :eh:

Sccit

« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2012, 02:38:02 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DlK1ughUIns" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DlK1ughUIns</a>

anyway they're being compared cause D-12 is Eminem's group and SH are on Shady and their album is overseen by Eminem, simple as that.

i just watched ALL the videos in your sig

it was AWESOME!!

glad you liked it (if you were being serious)

of course i wasn't serious. you're the reason people turn off signatures. :p

lmfao

Sccit

« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2012, 02:42:16 PM »

i love american psycho and pistol pistol

deivils night, fight music and revelation are also dope but just not on the level of those others

besides those i can't say i ever cared for the rest of the CD   :eh:

u dont like:

shit can happen
nasty mind
nutthin but music
thats how
instigator
pimp like me
blow my buzz
girls
shit on you (special edition)
these drugs (special edition)

damn

and "american psycho" is easily the best song on the album

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2012, 02:46:07 PM »
does Girls count as a D12 song?

i know it's on the CD but I always considered that an Eminem solo but yes I do love that song

those others?  not really

and American Psycho is one of the best beats I've ever heard, did you guys ever hear Proof's remake of it??  Proof did a solo over it and does it justice

Sccit

« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2012, 03:06:27 PM »
does Girls count as a D12 song?

i know it's on the CD but I always considered that an Eminem solo but yes I do love that song

those others?  not really

and American Psycho is one of the best beats I've ever heard, did you guys ever hear Proof's remake of it??  Proof did a solo over it and does it justice

Girls is not a D12 song, but it's part of the D12 album.....honestly, i'm surprised u dont think the album is good. give it another spin.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2012, 11:08:00 PM »
Truth be told, D12 are very under-rated as emcee's/lyricists.  And Slaughterhouse is very over-rated.   I would put D12's lyrics up against Slaughterhouse any day of the week.  I would even take the D12 World album over the Slaughterhouse album.

D12 World had some bangers.   Like...

"6 In The Morning"
"Good Die Young"  (which had no Eminem, btw... Just like the first album had two bangers that didn't include Eminem, "Instigator" and "That's How")
"How Come"
"American Psycho 2"

Also, I have another question for Cham and the other Slaughterhouse fans on here.  What the hell was the point of the intro on the album?   I really don't get what message they were trying to get across with that wack ass intro
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 11:17:17 PM by Abdul-Infinite & Mekkan Refugee »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

JohnnyL

« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2012, 07:45:51 AM »
  I'm a fan of both groups.  To me, the most fair way to try to judge the two would be to compare their best material.  It gets more complicated depending on what criteria you're using to judge them.  If it's lyrics, I would say imo, for D12, their best stuff would be on "The Underground EP," for Slaughterhouse, their best stuff lyrically would probably be either their first album or those tracks that they released prior to their first album.  From D12, I've always been a fan of Eminem, Proof, and Swifty McVeigh. That's not to say that Kon Artist and Kuniva didn't drop good verses too, but Em, Proof, and Swifty always seemed the most consistent to me.  While Bizarre is often entertaining, I don't really consider him to be of the same caliber, lyrically.
  On Slaughterhouse's early tracks, I think all four of them brought their A game lyrically.  If you look at their first album, I think there were some really good tracks, lyrically, and probably a couple tracks were not so great.  I really liked Budden's verses on early Slaughterhouse tracks like "Move On," but thought that some of his lyrics on the first album were pretty forgettable. On the other hand, I think much of Budden's solo material is fantastic,  it just seemed that some of his verses on the first album didn't fit the group dynamic as well.  I'm not really sure why it seems that way to me, as I liked a lot of his verses on the early Slaughterhouse tracks, and like his verses on the "Welcome to Our House" album as well.  At any rate, lyrically, I would give the advantage to Slaughterhouse.  I think if you compare both groups' best material, lyrically, Slaughterhouse would come out on top.  But again, it's a pretty subjective argument, because everyone is going to have a different criteria for comparing them. 
  Perhaps if you compared them based completely on which groups' albums you prefer, D12 might get the advantage.  That wouldn't be the case with me, but I could at least see an argument being made for some people liking the two D12 albums more than the two Slaughterhouse albums.  Personally, I still prefer both Slaughterhouse albums, but I like both groups. 

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2012, 08:38:04 AM »
Maybe Em executive produced a wack LP so D12 looks better?

Plus if the LP lived up to the talent in the group no one would buy it.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...