Author Topic: Why the hip hop cummunity don't ride with NIPPSEY??  (Read 796 times)

Fraxxx

Re: Why the hip hop cummunity don't ride with NIPPSEY??
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2012, 02:28:54 PM »
After Bullets 3 which might be even better than Bullets 2, I was hyped for The Marathon, especially after Keys to the City which was dope - and then The Marathon felt like a snippet tape. TMC was different. The auto-tune was irritating at first but when you get past that, the tape is full of dope songs, has a good vibe, atmosphere. And for not being versatile topicwise, he does Gangsta Rap and he's one of the best at it. If I want different shit I listen to Kendrick and Ab-Soul.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Fraxxx

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2012, 02:37:08 PM »
il saw a new mixtape called neighborhood nipsey on dat piff, is it official ?

Usually DatPiff calls it an official release when it is one, plus there are a lotta freestyles and remixes on it so I think it's not.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2012, 02:53:37 PM »
He still featured on Self Made Vol. 2 and the new DJ Drama CD so he still got buzz but he need to sign with MMG or a major label
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2012, 03:40:42 PM »
He still featured on Self Made Vol. 2 and the new DJ Drama CD so he still got buzz but he need to sign with MMG or a major label

i thought you died?  lol

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2012, 09:45:58 PM »
gangsta rap in its west coast form doesnt sell these days.

which is why you have west coast rappers talking like nelly using "hurr" and "thurr" and talking about "da trap" trying to market their shit to these knuckleheads who listen to that garbage.
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2012, 05:21:12 AM »
Nipsey aint a super star. He's only a rapper, among many others who didn't got any special skills.
"boring to listen to"
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2012, 05:24:26 AM »
Nipsey aint a super star. He's only a rapper, among many others who didn't got any special skills.
"boring to listen to"

uh, i disagree.  he's just lazy and tries too hard to be diverse at times and he hadnt found that notch yet.  lyrically he has that range but he doesnt execute it as well as his normal stuff.  its something about that universal shit he does that he doesnt have that u cant quite put your finger on

PLANT

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2012, 02:06:37 PM »
Nipsey is dope. I still check for his music and look forward to hearing some new stuff from him.  Hes one of the better spitters on the west now.

Remedy360

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2012, 03:58:04 PM »
Dude has just never really impressed me that much. Not saying he's whack, but just seems like another Cali gangster rapper, doesn't really grab my attention.

Blood$

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2012, 04:50:25 PM »

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2012, 12:44:02 AM »
Nipsey is dope and has a the tools, but that gangsta shit does not sell anymore. Point blank period.

not for new rappers

90s rappers it does

And which 90's rappers are those?

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2012, 12:49:53 AM »
For the record, TMC was one of my favorite albums from last year. I dig Nipsey, he's a good blend of classic West Coast sound and the new sound in hip hop. I don't have a problem with his sound but that "Fly Crippin" and rapping about the 60's all the time needs to go.

Black Male

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2012, 01:14:00 AM »
I think nipsey is still trying to find himself musically, I think he is going in a direction that is more like the real nipsey. I don't buy all that super crip rollin' 60 shit he is talking about. But thats how they marketed him and now he is trying to get on his Ermias shit.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2012, 02:40:28 AM »
lol.  that nigga do got a funny ass name

MistaNova

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2012, 03:20:48 AM »
I think nipsey is still trying to find himself musically, I think he is going in a direction that is more like the real nipsey. I don't buy all that super crip rollin' 60 shit he is talking about. But thats how they marketed him and now he is trying to get on his Ermias shit.

This. Or it could be that he was never signed to Death Row...