Author Topic: Game - Jesus Piece [Album Cover]  (Read 1442 times)

JML-G

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Game - Jesus Piece [Album Cover]
« on: October 21, 2012, 09:07:38 AM »

wack and dope at the same damn time

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
Re: Game - Jesus Piece [Album Cover]
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 09:26:26 AM »
Terrible.. and Interscope wont go with that..

Add that the release date is December 11th! (for now)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 09:29:52 AM »
that cover is on some no limit shit. LOL
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

jman91331

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 09:36:08 AM »
I hope this is just a bad joke & this is not real. If so he gonna catch hell for this shit!

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 09:43:21 AM »
Hmmm, not good at all

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 10:18:20 AM »
I hope this is just a bad joke & this is not real. If so he gonna catch hell for this shit!

U honestly dont think he knows that? Its all for the attention he figures hes gonna get cuz of it. This is Game we're talking about, a known attention whore.

EFFeX

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2012, 10:21:08 AM »
Lil Wayne?

Jome

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2012, 10:32:11 AM »
dear lord..

September 2011:
Game Reveals Next Album Title, Confirms No Features, Name-Drops
"Next album called Soundtrack to Chaos," said Game in the midst of a studio session with production/writing team 1500 Or Nothin'.

"No features," he added, confirming 1500 Or Nothin' member Mars' earlier statements. "None. Zero. No Weezy, Jeezy, Drake, singers, nothing. Just us. That's it. That's it. Album five. Soundtrack to Chaos."

Game also confirmed that his album will have no name-dropping, an oft-criticized part of Game's rhyming style.

October 2012:

Game continues to stir up controversy with the release of the album cover for his upcoming album “Jesus Piece”. The LP will not have a shortage of features as Kanye West, Nicki Minaj, DJ Premier, Trey Songz, Chris Brown, Scarface, Lil Wayne, Wiz Khalifa, Tyga and much more will be making contributions.

lols

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2012, 10:54:26 AM »

Jimmy H.

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2012, 12:22:03 PM »
The problem with trying to be shocking is the people who aren't actually "shocked" by it just kind of find it boring for the most part. Okay, it's a black Jesus with a blood rag. It's kind of what I'd expect from a Game album. I'm sure the music will be cool and all but the concept itself doesn't grab me. You could have made a drinking game out of how many times he used the word "Jesus piece" on his first album so four records and seven years later, I just don't get where the artistic motivation is here. I really thought that "Soundtrack to Chaos" concept sounded interesting but I also knew that anything said that close after he just dropped an album would change drastically by the time he was done with a new one.

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2012, 12:54:33 PM »
disgusting...

h2k4

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2012, 12:54:38 PM »
The problem with trying to be shocking is the people who aren't actually "shocked" by it just kind of find it boring for the most part. Okay, it's a black Jesus with a blood rag. It's kind of what I'd expect from a Game album. I'm sure the music will be cool and all but the concept itself doesn't grab me. You could have made a drinking game out of how many times he used the word "Jesus piece" on his first album so four records and seven years later, I just don't get where the artistic motivation is here. I really thought that "Soundtrack to Chaos" concept sounded interesting but I also knew that anything said that close after he just dropped an album would change drastically by the time he was done with a new one.
Yeah I'm not sure what the concept is either. If I remember correctly, I thought he said this would be a positive type album. But how's it goin to be positive when you have Jesus wearing a rag lol.  I think he tried going for the whole makaveli style. The thing is, it would work if his album was really dark and raw. I'm sure it will be a solid album because the majority of his releases (mixtapes included) have been solid.

His previous idea of having no features was something I was anticipating but I think interscope wouldn't let him. I think they felt like it wouldn't do significant numbers if he didn't have a star studded cast.  Hopefully cash money will give him more creative freedom and not have to worry so much about selling.

Ready_To_Smack_Klowns 78

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2012, 01:09:11 PM »
Looks fan made......and looks wack ass fuck b

EFFeX

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2012, 02:01:12 PM »
I mean, in all honesty, it's not terrible, it's just... odd.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2012, 02:17:01 PM »
He needs to lock in and do that Diary Of Compton album.