Author Topic: World Series Thread - Giants/Tigers  (Read 372 times)

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
World Series Thread - Giants/Tigers
« on: October 23, 2012, 07:45:46 PM »
Zito's going against Verlander game 1.  Should be interesting.

Which Zito will show up is the question.

NL playoffs, contrary to popular opinion, was pretty good, and this should be a good series. 

No Yanks or Sawx is always a good thing too  ;).
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Hack Wilson - real

Re: World Series Thread - Giants/Tigers
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 07:46:50 PM »
go giants

iDontTrip

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 08:04:55 PM »
goin for the giants but if the tigers win then thats coo too 8) 8)
opinion
   [uh-pin-yuhn]
noun
a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second medical opinion.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 08:06:55 PM »
go giants

how do you feel about arod being possibly traded? 
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 02:37:04 PM »
go giants

all for it!

but i bet if he goes to the NL he has a resurgence for a year or two without the NYC pressure

Remedy360

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 04:24:05 PM »
go giants

all for it!

but i bet if he goes to the NL he has a resurgence for a year or two without the NYC pressure

Y'all are probably gonna have to eat a lot of that salary too, Kashman would be a genius if he found a way out of that..Anyways, I hope Detroit wins simply for the fact that Giants fans are also 9er fans. On paper Detroit has much more fire power, but people have been counting on SF all year. Regardless, I say Detroit in 6 or 7.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 04:46:00 PM »
Stupid move, in my opinion. Since we'd have to eat 80-100 million dollars of it, why move him? Unless you're somehow going to get someone of far better skill I don't see the point.

Say whatever you want to about the postseason, despite the fact he single handedly won us a World Series in 2009...but he's still a productive third basemen. You're obviously not getting Cabrera, Zimmerman, Beltre, etc. & sure as hell don't want to eat 90 million dollars to see Nunez fucking up at third base.

The Yankees need to resign Ichiro, look into Hamilton, maybe one of the upper-echelon free agent arms like Dempster or Greinke. Let Swisher go for sure & everything else is just fine.

If they want to move anybody, they should look into moving Granderson. Yeah, he'll hit 40 homeruns next year too, but he'll always be the type of player that unless he's on fire, he will just fail us in the postseason striking out & hitting a homerun in two random at-bats. I mean you could almost sign Hamilton & a guy like BJ Upton or Bourne & move Granderson for whatever you can get.

Yankees also need to to start looking for Jeter's replacement. Because like I said, not a fan of Nunez.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 06:26:43 PM »
PABLOOOOOOO

Swisher needs to be OUTTA HERE   fucking bumass wigga

Remedy360

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 06:31:02 PM »
PABLOOOOOOO

Swisher needs to be OUTTA HERE   fucking bumass wigga

Lol, .272 with a .364 OBP and 90+ RBIS is a bum?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 06:33:24 PM by Remedy360 »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 06:42:45 PM »
Swisher isn't a bum, but I mean with the outfield free agents this year, I'd let him go & go for one of them.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 09:26:32 PM »
PABLOOOOOOO

Swisher needs to be OUTTA HERE   fucking bumass wigga

Lol, .272 with a .364 OBP and 90+ RBIS is a bum?

1-he recently told the media that fans booing him affected his preformance

2-he was 5/30 for 0 runs in the playoffs

3-most of those RBI were early in the season, he went into a huge cold steak down the stretch

last 35 games of the regular season he hit .254 with a .415 slugging % and only 5 homers to 36 strikeouts.  we almost lost the freaking division lead thanks to this bum.

he can enjoy Boston or whoever wants to overpay for him

MistaNova

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2012, 09:51:34 PM »
The Yankees need to resign Ichiro, look into Hamilton, maybe one of the upper-echelon free agent arms like Dempster or Greinke. Let Swisher go for sure & everything else is just fine.

If they want to move anybody, they should look into moving Granderson. Yeah, he'll hit 40 homeruns next year too, but he'll always be the type of player that unless he's on fire, he will just fail us in the postseason striking out & hitting a homerun in two random at-bats. I mean you could almost sign Hamilton & a guy like BJ Upton or Bourne & move Granderson for whatever you can get.

Yankees also need to to start looking for Jeter's replacement. Because like I said, not a fan of Nunez.

Agreed on bringing back Ichiro and moving Granderson, but I don't agree about the Yankees going after Hamilton or Greinke. I can just see Hamilton falling to the pressure and become another aging player who's being overpaid and Greinke's social anxiety disorder is still a question mark.
The Yankees just need to resign Ichiro, Ibanez, Kuroda and whoever else they pick up for cheap (I wouldn't mind seeing them go after Anibal Sanchez) to short term deals and make sure their prospects are developing and going to be relatively major-league ready by 2014.

As for Jeter's replacement the Yankees do have a couple of potential prospects who could man SS when Derek Jeter decides to retire. Like Dante Bichette Jr., Cito Culver (who's from Rochester 8)) and Angelo Gumbs to name a few. Hopefully the Yankees decide to keep these guys rather than trade them away for an aging (& expensive) Tulowitzki or Reyes.
Although I wouldn't mind seeing them get traded for someone like say Felix Hernandez or David Price.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2012, 10:11:13 PM »
Hamilton in that ballpark could do some wild things.

Remedy360

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2012, 10:16:38 PM »

Agreed on bringing back Ichiro and moving Granderson, but I don't agree about the Yankees going after Hamilton or Greinke. I can just see Hamilton falling to the pressure and become another aging player who's being overpaid and Greinke's social anxiety disorder is still a question mark.
The Yankees just need to resign Ichiro, Ibanez, Kuroda and whoever else they pick up for cheap (I wouldn't mind seeing them go after Anibal Sanchez) to short term deals and make sure their prospects are developing and going to be relatively major-league ready by 2014.

As for Jeter's replacement the Yankees do have a couple of potential prospects who could man SS when Derek Jeter decides to retire. Like Dante Bichette Jr., Cito Culver (who's from Rochester 8)) and Angelo Gumbs to name a few. Hopefully the Yankees decide to keep these guys rather than trade them away for an aging (& expensive) Tulowitzki or Reyes.
Although I wouldn't mind seeing them get traded for someone like say Felix Hernandez or David Price.

Not gonna happen.