Author Topic: WTF Shyne Calls Kendrick Lamar’s Debut Album “Trash”  (Read 1616 times)

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: WTF Shyne Calls Kendrick Lamar’s Debut Album “Trash”
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2012, 11:52:41 PM »
shyne is right,.. k.dot's album is trash

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2012, 12:01:48 AM »
Shyne wants an album that sounds like 20 years ago...about the last time he was relevant

fuck... if that's what Shyne wants then I want the same shit...

..and lol@Shyne wanting G Funk beats
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Bungalow

• 'G'
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2012, 01:21:44 AM »
it's the niggaz opinion.

lmao @ basically the whole west coast twitter bangin' on Shyne just cuz he said Kendrick album traash.

I like Game but he especially wack for going in on Shyne after all these years of shouting Free Shyne and basically dick riding for all these years. He looking super fake for that one. I guess loyalty really don't mean shit for that clown.

Prison fucked Shyne's head up and he's definitely wack now but he's speaking from a perspective of making two classic street albums. Dude was nice as fuck back in the day.

LMAO @ saying Shyne has two classic albums.  If you combine both his albums then you end up getting one dope ass album.  Far from classics.  I'm not even going to speak on his mixtape. 

You are right, everyone is entitled to their opinion.  However,  even to the most basic fan, this album is not trash.  It's at the very least a solid album.  Would I call it a classic? No.

Game wasn't really talking slick to him until Shyne responded.  Then it kind of went South from there.  I applaud Game, and Nipsey for coming to the defense of K. Dot.  About time some of the West stick together.  Game was the one who basically introduced Jay Rock and K. Dot to the world.
+1

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2012, 01:35:40 AM »
I saw Schoolboy Q throwing some shots as well haha, West Coast Unity 8)

ANgry!

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2012, 01:45:11 AM »
theyre fucking sheep

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2012, 01:52:29 AM »
btw.
Is there anyone who can explain why this album is being called fresh, innovative etc.?
Have people who call it innovative ever listened to other genres than rap music but related to this music? Go listen to tons of trip hop albums since mid 90s and update your opinion. Except Kendrick's lazy voice for me this album is nothing new. What is more i find this album to be musically unsuccessful attempt at making rap/trip-hop mix.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 01:56:47 AM by shoo »

Quadruple OG

« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2012, 05:50:42 AM »
btw.
Is there anyone who can explain why this album is being called fresh, innovative etc.?
Have people who call it innovative ever listened to other genres than rap music but related to this music? Go listen to tons of trip hop albums since mid 90s and update your opinion. Except Kendrick's lazy voice for me this album is nothing new. What is more i find this album to be musically unsuccessful attempt at making rap/trip-hop mix.

He went against the grain and it works. Dropped the album of the year. Front to back this album is great. Where would you fit in your stereotypical, heard 1000 times West Coast beats from Fred Wreck, Battlecat, Dre, Warren G, etc.?

I'm proud a talented, new artist from the west has made it mainstream and it's good to see the west unite behind someone like Kendrick. Shame it can't be said for many members of this board.

SGT x Tok3R

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2012, 07:24:57 AM »
theyre fucking sheep

exactly

even crooked i like wtf these niggaz trippin on

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2012, 11:29:21 AM »
:catfight:

its his opinion  ::)
And all you people need to respect that...a brotha can't have an opinion ???

Jimmy H.

« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2012, 12:18:55 PM »
People are always free to have opinions but the door swings both ways. You think if when Shyne had dropped his first album if another rapper had come out publicly and called it "trash", he would have just stood back and accepted it?

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2012, 02:29:44 PM »
btw.

The album is fresh and innovative as Kendrick is probably the first rapper in a long ass time to get a big push on a Major Label for a Commercial Release and not sacrifice any of his artistic integrity. The genius of this album isn't in the beats / sounds, it's in the story that is being told, and the message that Kendrick is pushing.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2012, 04:15:48 PM »
Yeah, having just had a chance to finally listen to the album, it's crazy that this is a major label release, put out on Aftermath, no less. On a marketing level, it seems like something a record executive would shit-can for not being commercial enough but I can't complain. I hope it pushes a million units. I'm going to have it in rotation for a bit.

The_Offence

« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2012, 05:50:10 PM »
that's the most unity I've seen from the west in years. Game, Nipsey,Jay Rock & Schoolboy Q all got at shyne.

Sccit

« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2012, 06:21:17 PM »
Yeah, having just had a chance to finally listen to the album, it's crazy that this is a major label release, put out on Aftermath, no less. On a marketing level, it seems like something a record executive would shit-can for not being commercial enough but I can't complain. I hope it pushes a million units. I'm going to have it in rotation for a bit.

posts like these are mind-boggling....though the lyrical content and emceeing might be well ahead of most commercial releases, the overall sound of a majority of the album is still extremely similar to commercial hip-hop of the past couple years. a lot of the MUSICAL concepts for this album is taken straight from kanye west, lil wayne, drake, and all that other shit u hear on top-40 radio. again, lightyears ahead of radio artists lyrically, but musically, aside from it being sequenced and mixed better, the overall sound on a lot of it is very sappy/radio-friendly.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2012, 06:28:01 AM »
shyne is right,.. k.dot's album is trash
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.