Author Topic: James Harden traded to the Rockets!!!!!  (Read 482 times)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: James Harden traded to the Rockets!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 08:17:20 PM »
Good deal for the Thunder. Sucks they couldn't afford him, but 2 first round picks (probably lottery picks) is awesome. They can draft some top talent.

Sccit

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 09:42:52 PM »
Good deal for the Thunder. Sucks they couldn't afford him, but 2 first round picks (probably lottery picks) is awesome. They can draft some top talent.

not a good move, they're a contending team coming off a Finals appearance in which Harden was an integral part of. Kevin Martin is no slouch, but he's got injury woes and will have to be integrated into the system from scratch. the draft picks are nice, but they dont help for the durant-westbrook era, which is what OKC should be focusing on....I guess Harden got full of himself and really did feel he was worth more than he actually was.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 09:53:56 PM »

not a good move, they're a contending team coming off a Finals appearance in which Harden was an integral part of. Kevin Martin is no slouch, but he's got injury woes and will have to be integrated into the system from scratch. the draft picks are nice, but they dont help for the durant-westbrook era, which is what OKC should be focusing on....I guess Harden got full of himself and really did feel he was worth more than he actually was.
Westbrook and Harden are still young. In a couple of years theyll be in their late 20s and the draft picks will have developed into legit players. Resigning Harden would of been great, bit this is their best alternative.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 10:14:40 PM »
This is a bad move for OKC. OKC can win right now. Forget the future, you only have so many years to win and you are always and ACL away from the future being a what if. I think had OKC won this year, Harden resigns. I see this as a two year punt, they took the Rockets two lottery picks so they can try again in two years. Just when Kobe plans to retire. Holy cow, it's like in two years the NBA is gearing up for the vacuum of Kobe leaving.

As of the Rockets, GREAT MOVE. They have THE best young backcourt in the NBA. You can build off that. There are only 2 big men worth having right now, the NBA is a different place and so why not build a running team? I like the move.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2012, 10:25:10 PM »
As of the Rockets, GREAT MOVE. They have THE best young backcourt in the NBA. You can build off that. There are only 2 big men worth having right now, the NBA is a different place and so why not build a running team? I like the move.

???

The Rocquets might be the worst run organization in the NBA!  The moves they make and money they have/will commit to non-superstar level players is straight crazy!!!!

i'll be the first to admit if i'm wrong but i doubt it unless Houston has some extra player that none of us expect to blow up

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2012, 10:47:09 PM »

???

The Rocquets might be the worst run organization in the NBA!  The moves they make and money they have/will commit to non-superstar level players is straight crazy!!!!

i'll be the first to admit if i'm wrong but i doubt it unless Houston has some extra player that none of us expect to blow up

Royce White. I am actually not sold on Royce White, but I know Houston is.

Sccit

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 04:05:41 PM »
Mdogg is right...it's almost like OKC is gearing up to win when Kobe retires. They fucked up, cuz they had a shot at winning now.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2012, 04:45:22 PM »
I like you Laker fans fail to see that Westbrook & Durant alone are enough.

NIK has been saying for years & years that Dwight can't do shit against well sized, good defending big men & Ibaka & Perkins fit that bill. I'll take Durant over Kobe & I'll take Westbrook over Nash. Pau is the missing piece, but I'll take Perkins or Ibaka winning on the boards.

I don't see how this isn't a complete win. Two first round, like someone said, likely lottery picks. Lamb ain't no scrub & Kevin Martin isn't that much worse than Harden. OKC could get a top ten pick in the coming draft, along with already one of the best rosters in the league. How isn't this an amazing move? Especially when they could EASILY win the West this year again. I don't see why you're all acting like Harden was the make or break player.

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2012, 06:12:23 PM »
Agreed. Harden playin like a puss in the finals is why OKC lost in the first place then he comes this year demanding a max contract FOH. Theyre better off w/o him then. As long as Durant and Westbrook stay healthy n improve you build around them.
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2012, 06:14:40 PM »
Agreed. Harden playin like a puss in the finals is why OKC lost in the first place then he comes this year demanding a max contract FOH. Theyre better off w/o him then. As long as Durant and Westbrook stay healthy n improve you build around them.

yep   Ibaka too, he's important

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2012, 07:17:08 PM »
When James Harden choked, the Thunder lost. They need him. Kevin Martin will not cut it. Harden is very important to this team and I think they know that.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2012, 07:21:10 PM »
When James Harden choked, the Thunder lost. They need him. Kevin Martin will not cut it. Harden is very important to this team and I think they know that.

he wasn't even a starter lol

Sccit

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2012, 07:51:21 PM »
I like you Laker fans fail to see that Westbrook & Durant alone are enough.

NIK has been saying for years & years that Dwight can't do shit against well sized, good defending big men & Ibaka & Perkins fit that bill. I'll take Durant over Kobe & I'll take Westbrook over Nash. Pau is the missing piece, but I'll take Perkins or Ibaka winning on the boards.

I don't see how this isn't a complete win. Two first round, like someone said, likely lottery picks. Lamb ain't no scrub & Kevin Martin isn't that much worse than Harden. OKC could get a top ten pick in the coming draft, along with already one of the best rosters in the league. How isn't this an amazing move? Especially when they could EASILY win the West this year again. I don't see why you're all acting like Harden was the make or break player.

cuz Harden was the make or break player..

Sccit

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2012, 07:52:33 PM »

he wasn't even a starter lol

the guy averaged 17 PPG off the bench @ a 50% clip....what more do u want?