Author Topic: DJ Quik's Relationship with Playa Hamm/Hi-C/D (of 2nd II None)  (Read 2378 times)

Undisputed

• Lil Geezy
Re: DJ Quik's Relationship with Playa Hamm/Hi-C/D (of 2nd II None)
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2012, 03:37:08 AM »
Man suga free is all quik need.well quik dont need suga free but suga free is the only one of quik artist thats worth working with.them other artist isnt worth quik time.so as long as quik is working with suga free.them other artist dont matter.playa ham & them is garbage.

I agree, to some extent: Playa Hamm and D are the worst rappers in the Skanless Crew. Hi-C has dope energy, but he's not as good as KK and Suga Free.

AMG, however, is easily as good as any of the other rappers in the crew. He always brought fly, witty lyrics packed with game. It's a shame he and Quik constantly butt heads.
Playa Hamm dropped one of the best west coast albums you ain't never heard of.Retract your statement

Which album?

LOL @ "retract your statement." A nigga can't have opinions no more? I just base my opinion on the weak performance Hamm gives on some of the tracks I know from him. I think the Konnectid Project is slamming but Hamm sounds totally wack and boring on "Aint No Doubt" in my opinion.
Playa shit my boy

1. Layin' Hands
Featuring – Boss Da Thug Poet Producer – Brian G

2.2 Da Curb
Featuring – Jewell* Producer – Brian G

3. No Prints
Co-producer – Playa Hamm Producer – Blaqtoven*

4. Wit My Truz
Co-producer – Playa Hamm Producer – Battlecat*

5. Break The Bank
Featuring – AMG, Tweed Cadillac Producer – Brian G

6. Take U There
Co-producer – Playa Hamm Featuring – Ruff Dogg Producer – Battlecat*

7. Workin' This Twist (Feel The Heat)

8. Still Loungin'
Co-producer – Playa Hamm, Robert Bacon* Featuring – Kenny Mack Producer – Blaqtoven*

9.What A Playa Does
Featuring – Priest Chill, Ray Mac, Scorp (4) Producer – Battlecat*

10. Cumwidit
Producer – Mr. Iroc Beats*

11. Hit Again

12. Sumpn' 2 Do
Featuring – Baby S, Battlecat*, Lonnie Mack (2), Titus (4) Producer – Battlecat*

13.Straight Out
Co-producer – Playa Hamm Producer – Blaqtoven*

14. Don't Hate The Game
Producer – Blaqtoven

15. Million X True
Producer – Blaqtoven*

16. Grindin'
Co-producer – Stan "The Guitar" Man Featuring – Tweed Cadillac Producer – DJ Skratch

Playa Hamm and wack dont belong in the same sentence.

Desert Lord

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2012, 06:09:43 AM »

Suga Free = sold a Quik beat to 4-Tay and then added that he himself produced.(Quik diss him)

Gangsta D = declined to sign with Death Row, Quik was loyal and did not sign alone.
After Quik brought them to Arista, and D disses arista, Quik had to leave Arista soon after.

Regarding Suga Free: did 4-Tay ever record over the beat? If so, what's the name of the song?

And regarding D: I remember hearing Quik in an interview saying that D didn't want to sign because he found God, or was afraid of the gangster reputation of Death Row and shit like that. What's the full story? I see Quik still regrets D's involvement in this move. But I do get the impression that D was an idiot for doing this.

i think it was "if it wasn't for you" feat. nate

Desert Lord

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2012, 08:38:24 AM »

jman91331

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2012, 10:01:15 AM »
Yeah that's definitely a Quik beat on that song with 4tay & Nate Dogg (rip). I don't really know Quik's beef with the rest of the crew but I'm surprised he's cool with Suga Free now. Taking someone's hard work & how they eat & selling it behind his back is some low down, snake in the grass type shit right there!

MOBNigga06

« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2012, 08:17:27 PM »
Aight, after bumping Layin Hands, I'll retract the comment about Playa Hamm. Some of the songs individually are kinda bland, but this album is straight G-Funk back to back, and I dig that.

Wit My Truz is fuckin bomb 8)
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

Mr. Theo

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2012, 06:49:07 AM »
Aight, after bumping Layin Hands, I'll retract the comment about Playa Hamm. Some of the songs individually are kinda bland, but this album is straight G-Funk back to back, and I dig that.

That's right homie! sometimes it is good to change your mind.  8)

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

DJSpin

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2012, 06:58:15 PM »

2 da curb
Cumwidit
Hit again
Sump in 2 do
Straight out
Million x true

Those are my shit right there
Please believe is dope too, not sure where that's from though

Mr. Theo

« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2013, 11:41:13 AM »
On the Bossolo X Playa Hamm album "The Boss Playa Project" contains a track entitled "DJ Quik skit" anyone heard this? is a diss?

papa-smurf

« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2013, 03:28:03 PM »
Mausberg was better than all of em

mausberg aint no where near as good as suga free and dj quik but mausberg is better than the rest. mausberg was dope but he cant fuck with suga free on no level

fogcitypimpin

• 'G'
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2013, 05:50:01 PM »
This muthafucka said " retract your statements" lol

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2013, 01:45:14 PM »
I don't know the reason why the fight between Quik and Hamm.
But I think this time, if there was even a fight, Quik is wrong.

When the Quik's mother left the house, and her sisters did not pay taxes, he had to leave, and almost became homeless.
Playa Hamm let him live in his house until he can raise money to support himself.
Hamm helped him a lot in the past.

In overall, I think Quik is not bipolar, I think he just wants to help, the more times people take advantage of it.

AMG = It took the credits for 'Bitch Betta Have My Money' but who produced the hit was Quik. (Quik diss him)
after he leaked the Midnight Life,(Quik diss him again).

Suga Free = sold a Quik beat to 4-Tay and then added that he himself produced.(Quik diss him)

Gangsta D = declined to sign with Death Row, Quik was loyal and did not sign alone.
After Quik brought them to Arista, and D disses arista, Quik had to leave Arista soon after.

they only committed mistakes  ???

Quik is bi-polar

2nd ii none got shelved by profile for the shit album, d didnt decline anything. Suge was executive producing safe +sound and the shit album, suge actually helped both quik and 2nd ii none get paid.

he is off and own with his homeboys, then he takes their drame and put it in the public, on some female stuff. 

Once you get a liquor in quik he will start runnin off at the mouth, thats why tweed cadillac was kinda shittin on him after the complex background interview quik gave about different songs.

look at the stuff he doin on all hip hop now?

the stuff he has put out that andre3000 was rumored to have said to a brother(which andre3000 never had) that got flipped to quik having aids. ask ya self has andre ever been that type of person, hell most people dont know what dre is doing to even hear a rumor, dre does not give a fuck about quik.

Big sacc's useta say a long time ago on his forum and dj-quik.net quik talked alot of shit behind close doors,

look at how he did Kam for the u aint fresh track, kam coulda dissed dre on his own didnt need quik help, shit hit the fan, quik put the blame on kam, quik squash the shit with dre, now dre givin him opportunities to make money, quik did some hoe ass shit used kam as a pawn to suck dre dick, quik been suckin dre dick ever since.

im a quik fan, but any real fan can see quik has personality issues

Mr. Theo

« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2013, 06:01:10 AM »
I don't know the reason why the fight between Quik and Hamm.
But I think this time, if there was even a fight, Quik is wrong.

When the Quik's mother left the house, and her sisters did not pay taxes, he had to leave, and almost became homeless.
Playa Hamm let him live in his house until he can raise money to support himself.
Hamm helped him a lot in the past.

In overall, I think Quik is not bipolar, I think he just wants to help, the more times people take advantage of it.

AMG = It took the credits for 'Bitch Betta Have My Money' but who produced the hit was Quik. (Quik diss him)
after he leaked the Midnight Life,(Quik diss him again).

they only committed mistakes  ???

Quik is bi-polar

2nd ii none got shelved by profile for the shit album, d didnt decline anything. Suge was executive producing safe +sound and the shit album, suge actually helped both quik and 2nd ii none get paid.

he is off and own with his homeboys, then he takes their drame and put it in the public, on some female stuff. 

Once you get a liquor in quik he will start runnin off at the mouth, thats why tweed cadillac was kinda shittin on him after the complex background interview quik gave about different songs.

look at the stuff he doin on all hip hop now?

the stuff he has put out that andre3000 was rumored to have said to a brother(which andre3000 never had) that got flipped to quik having aids. ask ya self has andre ever been that type of person, hell most people dont know what dre is doing to even hear a rumor, dre does not give a fuck about quik.

Big sacc's useta say a long time ago on his forum and dj-quik.net quik talked alot of shit behind close doors,

look at how he did Kam for the u aint fresh track, kam coulda dissed dre on his own didnt need quik help, shit hit the fan, quik put the blame on kam, quik squash the shit with dre, now dre givin him opportunities to make money, quik did some hoe ass shit used kam as a pawn to suck dre dick, quik been suckin dre dick ever since.

im a quik fan, but any real fan can see quik has personality issues

Maybe he is bi-polar..Maybe is the fame..or be the genius behind all these artists made the success up side a Quik' head.

Quik made some mistakes along over the years.. and the homies made mistakes too.

That track "Fuck Y'all" on BlaQKout was unnecesary..along w/ various interviews Quik did disses the homies.

But Quik helped alot the homies, and i don't understand the motive of the feuds..

Quik produced 2 albums ( already classics ) for 2nd II None, surely must have done it for free for the homies.
Plus the "Tha Shit" unreleased album, which is the best of all.(Produced by Quik too).

Quik helped Hi-C / Tony Alvarez on the recording sessions of Skanless and Swing'n. It's True. Quik was all around on the studio, giving ideas to Hi-C,and Tony A. On Skanless he Produced 3 tracks, IN 93' he did some stuff for Swing'n but Profle cut it off . (see "I Wanna See")

Quik is around, of course ( the equipament used was his ) on AMG 'Bitch Betta Have My Money' album, credited or not .. he is around.

He helps Hi-C on the Hi-Life Hustle album in 2003, made a CLASSIC. "Let Me Know". Probably for free by fellowship to Hi-C.

And he helped Suga Free,Mausberg and etc..

But this doesn't justify the Quik trash-talk on the homies.

Playa Hamm and Tweed Cadillac are Triple-Quadruple OG'S . Playa Hamm still livin on 2001 Browning..They helped Quik in the past..Heavy..Quik should be more considerate with them.
The relationship of Quik and Tweed Cadillac always been obscure, strange .

I don't understand what actually happens or happened between the two.

Catch this, on the "Jet Set" song on Quik's "Trauma":

"Like Playa Hamm when he started this ride
Or Shabby and Bull Dog in the Marina
We mack-a-nina sippin colada pinas, you shoulda seen us".

Why he don't mention Tweed Cadillac name? They were sippin pina-colada in "The Marina"? See "Marina Del Rey". Tweed Cadillac always lived in Marina Del Rey, so this lyrics is about drinkin' on Tweed Cadillac house in 80's . But Quik don't mention his name.

It's hard to understand!!!

Peace

polepositon

« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2013, 06:54:10 AM »
who said he isn't considerate for the help? it's always that..."oh, i let you sleep on my couch and now that you made it, and helped me, you still owe me, so let me fuck you and take advantage of you?" shit gets ooooooooollllllllllld, played, recycled and used the fuck up. stop the bs. and get yo life.

and really, no one helped him be a musical genius. you either got it or you don't. mmmkk.

anywayz. i hope the mf's that are saying things that are coming across as some facts shit...got their facts straight. otherwise, speculate, drop your "opinion" and stop all the talking like you KNOW the real...unless you REALLY DO.

::)

polepositon

« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2013, 06:58:08 AM »
western!

and fuck all that what a friend of a friend of a cousin of the brother of his momma and nem done told you. if you don't know the real. hush the fuck up.
yea, i said it. 3rrrrddddddd gang! lol. ahahaha and i'm out.

mfs wanna make me start banging and shit cuz!  ;D im to sexy to bang. i got to reverse that and bang that.....lmao. im a so silly.  ;D

DL

« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2013, 07:44:27 AM »
In this intervieuw PPC talks about Quik. I know it already posted somewhere, but for those who did not hear, enjoy: http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.24909/title.penthouse-players-clique-speak-on-dj-quik-paid-the-cost-and-red-tape-