Author Topic: 50 Cent Officially Breaks Up With Floyd Mayweather Jr.  (Read 126 times)

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
50 Cent Officially Breaks Up With Floyd Mayweather Jr.
« on: November 01, 2012, 01:11:12 PM »
The bromance between 50 Cent and Floyd Mayweather Jr. is officially over. 50 officially ended things last night with his own version of a ‘Dear John’ letter that he tweeted out to his millions of followers last night. The tweets reveal that 50 has cut all business ties with Floyd, specifically their popular “The Money Team” promotions company, because as he put itthe other half of the money team did not put up their money.”

In typical 50 Cent style, the rapper then went on to try to tarnish the brand he built with his former best friend by claiming to be selling his official TMT jacket “for a dollar” and selling the TMT sweatsuits for $7.99.  50 is one bad man! Check out his tweets below:

If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

DeeezNuuuts83

Re: 50 Cent Officially Breaks Up With Floyd Mayweather Jr.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 02:33:36 PM »
I think that the fighters that were going to be under TMT may just follow 50 to SMS Promotions (or whatever he's calling it) since he's the one with the promoter licenses.  I know that one guy who was with Top Rank but got out of his contract might be one of them... I can't remember his name, but he was supposed to fight Brandon Rios before he left Top Rank.

It's all weird, because I remember reading that 50 was trying to make a power play when Floyd was in jail, wanting him to pretty much ditch Al Haymon and sever his ties with Golden Boy (who Floyd isn't signed to but uses them to assist in promoting his last several fights, all of which involved Golden Boy fighters with the except of his last fight against Cotto, who was a free agent).  But obviously that didn't work out so well.

I also remember 50 having been at one of the press conferences for Pacquiao-Marquez IV, and while Manny did sign a contract extension there with Top Rank pushing it into 2014, there was a rumor that Manny, Bob Arum, Michael Koncz and 50 were all together at the time.  It doesn't make sense for 50 to have been there, unless he was trying to represent TMT and trying to give them his word to make a Mayweather fight happen.