Author Topic: Colorado the new Amsterdam ?  (Read 1932 times)

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Colorado the new Amsterdam ?
« on: November 06, 2012, 10:13:40 PM »
History was made tonight (November 6) in Colorado. The voters of the state chose to legalize marijuana. The Denver Post is projecting that Amendment 64 will be approved. With 38 percent reporting, the initiative is winning  53.1 percent yes to 46.9 percent no.

The amendment will make it legal for adults 21 and over to possess up to an ounce of marijuana. It will also create a regulated system for the production and sale of marijuana in the state. The newly legalized marijuana market will be taxed and the amendment earmarked some of the new revenue for education.

Having a state legalize marijuana should start a national debate about our current marijuana laws. In less than a decade marijuana legalization has gone from a fringe political position to a policy supported by a majority of Americans. The approval of this initiative is a powerful sign that the politics surrounding marijuana reform have changed and it is now a winning position.

Marijuana will still be illegal under federal law so it is an open question what the federal government will do about Colorado legalizing marijuana. The vast majority of arrests are made by local officials and the federal government simply doesn’t have the law enforcement manpower to police minor possession uses.

Medical marijuana may prove to be a model for what the federal response will be. Medical marijuana is also still illegal under federal law. While federal agencies have done things to inhibit states’ medical marijuana programs, it has not stopped them from functioning for the most part.

The passage of Amendment 64 tonight will likely be viewed as the beginning of the end of marijuana prohibition in the United States. Colorado is the first state where voters legalized marijuana, but given the trend in national polling it is not going to be the last.
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

rayallen0

Re: Colorado the new Amsterdam ?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 12:12:04 AM »
Legalized in washington at around the same time

Sccit

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 01:01:51 AM »
welcome to california, minus the "prescriptions" + higher priced weed (which will now be taxed).

i prefer the medical marijuana system, which is why i dont care if weed is legalized in cali or not.

rayallen0

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 09:34:45 AM »
Nobody knows the prices yet. Taxes will make it go up but they will be able to grow a much larger suply as well. Either way drug dealers arent going to stop selling if ot goes up so not a big deal. Welcome to california? Colorado has been a stoner capital for a long ass minute.

This helps farmers and the economy a shitload, doubt the federal government will let this slide for more than 20 minutes tho.

Blasphemy (A)

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 09:50:12 AM »
welcome to california, minus the "prescriptions" + higher priced weed (which will now be taxed).

i prefer the medical marijuana system, which is why i dont care if weed is legalized in cali or not.
It's already basically legal here, no one really cares about it anymore, medical or not. Police won't stop you if your smoking it at the bus stop, or if they see you. 8)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 10:06:43 AM »
Big Up to Colorado!
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 11:38:16 AM »
The Feds have a monopoly on the drug game, that's why it's illegal because they don't want competition. So this is gonna seriously fuck with their money. And when you fuck with their money, it's like fucking with their emotions.

Yes there would be a tax on it, but with supply exploding prices will go down. Be interesting to see how this turns out.

Remedy360

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 11:59:07 AM »
Yeah it passed here in Washington as well. I'm with NIK in preferring the medical system for personal use, but I only smoke occasionally anyways. Overall, if it can help the economy then it's fine by me. Will be interesting to see how it works out.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 12:00:59 PM by Remedy360 »

Desert Lord

Sccit

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2012, 01:09:18 PM »
Welcome to california? Colorado has been a stoner capital for a long ass minute.

are u retarded?

rayallen0

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2012, 01:16:06 PM »
No lol. Yhey arent the ones getting bullied by feds right now. You are so ridiculously local to think california is the only big stoner state

Sccit

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2012, 01:17:48 PM »
No lol. Yhey arent the ones getting bullied by feds right now. You are so ridiculously local to think california is the only big stoner state

rayallen0

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2012, 01:27:38 PM »
Well ive been to both states.  Boulder colorado is so open about smoking, cops dont bother shit. Ive only been california 3 times, been to L.A., palm springs & san diego. The medical dispenseries r awesome and you can say just about anything and get a card but you arent the only state who does that anymore.but this arguement is stupid cuz you arent saying shit but pictures & saying im retarded so its hard to know what your point is.

The medical system i like but it is pretty stupid, if its good for sick people it is good for all people, if this goes country wide the supply would be crazy and prices would drop big time, cant say what it will do for individual states. Nik dont you get money from california medical marijuana?

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2012, 01:28:22 PM »
http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-204_162-10008747-18.html?tag=Gthumbnav

8)

Maine finishes ahead of Cali

10. California
Despite the national perception that Californians love their cannabis, the state only ranked 10th on this list. Still, nearly 13 percent of Californians smoke indo, possibly before heading out to In-N-Out burger for munchies.

Sccit

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2012, 01:34:51 PM »
Well ive been to both states.  Boulder colorado is so open about smoking, cops dont bother shit. Ive only been california 3 times, been to L.A., palm springs & san diego. The medical dispenseries r awesome and you can say just about anything and get a card but you arent the only state who does that anymore.but this arguement is stupid cuz you arent saying shit but pictures & saying im retarded so its hard to know what your point is.

The medical system i like but it is pretty stupid, if its good for sick people it is good for all people, if this goes country wide the supply would be crazy and prices would drop big time, cant say what it will do for individual states. Nik dont you get money from california medical marijuana?

if u think the medical marijuana industry in Colorado is anything like it is in Cali, then u got another thing comin'. we have more weed dispensaries than liquor stores in the 818 and u can get top-shelf kush most places for $35 an eighth (+cheaper in bulk). if u dont think Cali has innovated weed laws, then ur trippin, my boy.