Author Topic: Official - The Game - Jesus Piece *Discussion Thread*  (Read 6628 times)

h2k4

Re: Official - The Game - Jesus Piece *Discussion Thread*
« Reply #120 on: December 12, 2012, 09:44:55 PM »
After the first spin,  I'm really feeling this.  He benefits from the cohesive sound.  Sounds like Stat and Cool and Dre really helped him put a solid effort out. 

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #121 on: December 13, 2012, 12:24:14 PM »
Took out Meek Mills part on Scared Now...enjoy  8)

Game - Scared Now (Produced By Black Metaphor) [solo mix]

http://www51.zippyshare.com/v/10250273/file.html

Thank you for this! Im really fuckin tired of Meek Mill.. That voice just gives me a fuckin headache.. damn..

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #122 on: December 13, 2012, 12:28:18 PM »
gave it a couple listens i like the overall sound of the album, i almost slept on it but a close homie of mine gave suggested to check it out. stand out songs for me are Ali Bomaye, Heavens Arms, Name Me King, Holy Water. Wouldve been nice to have Judas Closet, Dead People, Rollin & Murder on there but oh well, we can get those for free. he should have called the album Sunday Service.

jman91331

« Reply #123 on: December 15, 2012, 09:51:46 AM »

Blood$

« Reply #124 on: December 15, 2012, 02:38:33 PM »
Short review after a couple of listens:

Criticism:
- Album is plagued by "industry cameos" for the sake of having big "hot at the time" names on stickers on the front.
Meek Mill, 2 Chainz, Rick Ross, Big Sean, Lil Wayne x 2, Chris Brown, Young Jeezy, Future - all redundant! Not much talent here, could possibly have added a name or two more, but couldn't even finish some of the tracks.
- Game trying to sound like everybody else, but himself? Chamillionaire is better at impersonating other rappers, Game must have been listening to Chams "Roll Call" too much.
- Leaving a bunch of the best tracks off, like he did with the R.E.D. Album. Let's just leave Trae, Scarface, Dr.Dre, Bone Thugs, Nipsey, DJ Premier, and more off the album, shall we? (I know sampling issues had some say in this, but not all)

Praise:
+ Some interesting collabos I've been wanting to see, Game + Kendrick, and Game + Pusha T. in particular is what the hip hop heads wants to see. Sounds as good as it does on paper, though the anticipated J.Cole collabo didn't quite live up to the expectations.
+ Mostly good production, even though some of the better tracks were left off the album. Game has a good ear for beats.
+ Even on his most watered-down albums, Game drops the occasional gem. Game is good when he sticks to a subject, and isn't going off topic all over the place, dropping names and imitating 5 rappers seemingly at the same time.

Here's how Jesus Piece would look if I had a say in it:

For the record: Track 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 14, 16 & 19 isn't on the album.. go figure.
Of course it wouldn't sell as much as the retail version, but he could call this "The Hiphop edition"..  :P

And if anybody makes a version of Scared Now without Meek Mill, let me know.

+1, very respectable review, I agree with many of those points

red

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #125 on: December 15, 2012, 05:06:37 PM »
I'm smh at a lot of the comments on here.  Some calling it terrible and didn't even listen to it yet.  Wow, where they do that at?  Oh yeah, Dubcc.  Game puts out a stellar release for this year.  I even read where one of y'all said wait till the professional critics review the album  and they're gonna call it garbage too.  Uh oh, that shit ain't happen.  All the top hip hop sites, magazines, and even Game haters are coming forward saying how much the album slaps.  If you gonna hate on him, have a good reason.  This album shouldn't be it.  I like Game when he rides solo on tracks but the features were well placed.  Not gonna front, I didn't like it after first listen but when I went back and really listened in chronological order that it's supposed to be, he got one with this release.

operation stackola

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #126 on: December 15, 2012, 06:17:58 PM »
Dope album 4/5. Cohesive

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #127 on: December 15, 2012, 06:44:16 PM »
I'm smh at a lot of the comments on here.  Some calling it terrible and didn't even listen to it yet.  Wow, where they do that at?  Oh yeah, Dubcc.  Game puts out a stellar release for this year.  I even read where one of y'all said wait till the professional critics review the album  and they're gonna call it garbage too.  Uh oh, that shit ain't happen.  All the top hip hop sites, magazines, and even Game haters are coming forward saying how much the album slaps.  If you gonna hate on him, have a good reason.  This album shouldn't be it.  I like Game when he rides solo on tracks but the features were well placed.  Not gonna front, I didn't like it after first listen but when I went back and really listened in chronological order that it's supposed to be, he got one with this release.

+1

Blood$

« Reply #128 on: December 15, 2012, 09:00:25 PM »
I even read where one of y'all said wait till the professional critics review the album  and they're gonna call it garbage too. 

I forgot to point that out as well

I didn't see any review citing "poor mastering"  :laugh:

King Of The Greater Los Angeles Area

• 'G'
« Reply #129 on: December 15, 2012, 09:35:52 PM »

telling it like it is

King Of The Greater Los Angeles Area

• 'G'
« Reply #130 on: December 17, 2012, 09:02:46 AM »
i'm one of those dudes who's always been saying 2chainz is mediocre but damn this nigga killz it on ali bomaye "skateboard on a nigga track!"

Blood$

« Reply #131 on: December 17, 2012, 10:58:24 AM »
i'm one of those dudes who's always been saying 2chainz is mediocre but damn this nigga killz it on ali bomaye "skateboard on a nigga track!"

"Take it how you wanna, if you wanna take it, I like clubs where all the women work naked!"

bars.

Sccit

« Reply #132 on: December 17, 2012, 11:42:07 AM »

lol, did this verse blow ya mind?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #133 on: December 18, 2012, 09:46:09 AM »
this album is worse than red

eurowigger

« Reply #134 on: December 18, 2012, 10:10:39 AM »
The first two songs have AWESOME trap beats. But don't exactly benefit from Meek Mill's offbeat screaming or Ross' annoying mumbling about people needing to humble themselves because they "aren't G's".  ::) Rest of the album was pretty meh, not bad not great.