Author Topic: Official - The Game - Jesus Piece *Discussion Thread*  (Read 6631 times)

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Official - The Game - Jesus Piece *Discussion Thread*
« Reply #150 on: January 03, 2013, 10:52:33 AM »
Gone are the days when reviews & options here matters.

When this album came out, I was dead busy and read some initially comment on here about how rubbish the album is so I didn't bother to listen.
Got the album this morning on my way to work and I have been pleasantly surprised!

that should be a disclaimer when joining DUBCC, lol

I made my own version of Jesus Piece, pretty much kept it the way it was except cut a couple songs and added the uncleared sampled songs where they went, kept the Best Buy Bonus Tracks. had to cut some endings of songs (but kept the Kevin Hart skits) but it fits on a 80 minute CD.. this makes the already good album more complete i think

Scared Now ft Meek Mill
Ali Bomaye ft 2Chainz & Rick Ross
Jesus Piece ft Kanye West & Common
Rollin ft Trae, Paul Wall, Slim Thug, Z-Ro & Kanye West (Sunday Service song)
Pray ft J Cole & Jmsn
Church ft King Chip & Trey Songz
Heavens Arms
Name Me King ft Pusha T
Cant Get Right ft K Roosevelt
Hallelujah ft Jamie Foxx
Murder ft Scarface & Kendrick Lamar (Sunday Service song)
Freedom ft Elijah BLake
Celebration Remix ft Bone Thugs (Sunday Service song)
Blood Diamonds (deluxe bonus)
Blood of Christ (Best Buy bonus)
Holy Water (Sunday Service/Best Buy song)
Black Jesus (Sunday Service song)

next single should be Church, they should make a XXX video for that shit too
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 10:56:29 AM by LAZY »

Sccit

« Reply #151 on: January 03, 2013, 01:45:02 PM »
Gone are the days when reviews & options here matters.

When this album came out, I was dead busy and read some initially comment on here about how rubbish the album is so I didn't bother to listen.
Got the album this morning on my way to work and I have been pleasantly surprised!

that should be a disclaimer when joining DUBCC, lol

I made my own version of Jesus Piece, pretty much kept it the way it was except cut a couple songs and added the uncleared sampled songs where they went, kept the Best Buy Bonus Tracks. had to cut some endings of songs (but kept the Kevin Hart skits) but it fits on a 80 minute CD.. this makes the already good album more complete i think

Scared Now ft Meek Mill
Ali Bomaye ft 2Chainz & Rick Ross
Jesus Piece ft Kanye West & Common
Rollin ft Trae, Paul Wall, Slim Thug, Z-Ro & Kanye West (Sunday Service song)
Pray ft J Cole & Jmsn
Church ft King Chip & Trey Songz
Heavens Arms
Name Me King ft Pusha T
Cant Get Right ft K Roosevelt
Hallelujah ft Jamie Foxx
Murder ft Scarface & Kendrick Lamar (Sunday Service song)
Freedom ft Elijah BLake
Celebration Remix ft Bone Thugs (Sunday Service song)
Blood Diamonds (deluxe bonus)
Blood of Christ (Best Buy bonus)
Holy Water (Sunday Service/Best Buy song)
Black Jesus (Sunday Service song)

next single should be Church, they should make a XXX video for that shit too

no "dead people"? :nawty:

Sccit

« Reply #152 on: January 03, 2013, 01:48:38 PM »
my version aka the kosher version:

1.Scared Now
2.Ali Bomaye
3.Jesus Piece
4.Dead People
5.Holy Water
6.Murder
7.Heaven's Arms
8.Name Me King
9.See No Evil
10.Cant Get Right
11.Hallelujah
12.Freedom
13.Celebration Remix
14.HVN4AGNGSTA
15.Blood Diamonds
16.Blood of Christ

basically, replaced all the "industry" sounding tracks with the more authentic shit, makin for a better overall album.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #153 on: January 03, 2013, 07:47:55 PM »
This album has been getting a lot of play from me, Game definitely came back for me on this, cohesive sound and topics. "Lady" is dope, that beat is just butter.

And Nik, in 2013  there is no regional sound, you need to stop getting hung up about it.

Sccit

« Reply #154 on: January 03, 2013, 07:53:46 PM »
And Nik, in 2013  there is no regional sound, you need to stop getting hung up about it.

lol thats the point i was making.

Blood$

« Reply #155 on: January 04, 2013, 09:39:44 AM »
album still gets burn from me as well even though I been bangin' the Sunday Service tracks more lol

red

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #156 on: January 04, 2013, 12:34:12 PM »
I ain't gonna lie, there's benn a Game song playing in my head every day since the release of this.  Heaven 4a Gangsta as I'm typing. lol
Speaking on regional sound, I would have to say the tracks I've heard from Scoe have a west coast sound to'em, no doubt.  So there is still a thing called regional sound.

Sccit

« Reply #157 on: January 04, 2013, 01:13:22 PM »
I ain't gonna lie, there's benn a Game song playing in my head every day since the release of this.  Heaven 4a Gangsta as I'm typing. lol
Speaking on regional sound, I would have to say the tracks I've heard from Scoe have a west coast sound to'em, no doubt.  So there is still a thing called regional sound.

so ur saying there is hope? 8)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #158 on: January 05, 2013, 07:11:27 AM »

scoe probably drop the best west coast abum this year. him and GQ.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Sccit

« Reply #159 on: January 05, 2013, 09:53:59 AM »

haven't peeped scoe's shit yet, but is it really better than xzibit's?

Imatrukahs

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #160 on: January 05, 2013, 10:45:48 AM »
Great album, not 100% but i'd give a 75%,good replay value.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #161 on: January 05, 2013, 12:00:42 PM »
I ain't gonna lie, there's benn a Game song playing in my head every day since the release of this.  Heaven 4a Gangsta as I'm typing. lol
Speaking on regional sound, I would have to say the tracks I've heard from Scoe have a west coast sound to'em, no doubt.  So there is still a thing called regional sound.

haven't peeped scoe's shit yet, but is it really better than xzibit's?
haven't heard the whole thing but that thank you joint is mean.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 01:14:12 PM by OG Classic Material »
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #162 on: January 05, 2013, 01:03:12 PM »
After finally hearing Xzibit's album and listening to Game's for a while...I don't see how anyones saying xzibit's got the the better one. DOnt get me wrong I liked X's album but i just don't think it's up to par with Game's. Game finally seems focused on this one, still playing it after a month. Probably going to leave the cd deck soon but I still think Game came with an impressive effort on this one. Better all around album than RED by a long shot. And Better than LAX just because this was cohesive, his first album that blends all the way through since DA.

Sccit

« Reply #163 on: January 05, 2013, 01:35:39 PM »
After finally hearing Xzibit's album and listening to Game's for a while...I don't see how anyones saying xzibit's got the the better one. DOnt get me wrong I liked X's album but i just don't think it's up to par with Game's. Game finally seems focused on this one, still playing it after a month. Probably going to leave the cd deck soon but I still think Game came with an impressive effort on this one. Better all around album than RED by a long shot. And Better than LAX just because this was cohesive, his first album that blends all the way through since DA.

xzibit's album is better in every way...the only thing game's album has on xzibit's is the whole concept factor.

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #164 on: January 05, 2013, 02:46:20 PM »

agree.

Very good album!

8) 8) 8)