Author Topic: Can somebody help me find a Soopafly song?  (Read 731 times)

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
Re: Can somebody help me find a Soopafly song?
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2012, 05:09:11 PM »
Those verses sound familiar. I could have sworn that Daz used Soopafly's verse as his own on a song, just can't figure out which.

And Daz's verses were from the song "Only For U" off Revenge Retaliation and Get Back.  This Monique girl must be some kind of inside joke because on the album Dogg Food, that guy calls in to W-Ballz and gives a shout out to his baby mama "Monique" as well.

Will_B

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2012, 02:48:22 AM »
Those verses sound familiar. I could have sworn that Daz used Soopafly's verse as his own on a song, just can't figure out which.

This Monique girl must be some kind of inside joke because on the album Dogg Food, that guy calls in to W-Ballz and gives a shout out to his baby mama "Monique" as well.

Nice! Never made that connection. 8)

MarshColin

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2012, 09:06:39 PM »

And Daz's verses were from the song "Only For U" off Revenge Retaliation and Get Back.  This Monique girl must be some kind of inside joke because on the album Dogg Food, that guy calls in to W-Ballz and gives a shout out to his baby mama "Monique" as well.

You could very well be correct but Monique isn't that uncommon of a name, so I think it's a stretch to say that.

Will_B

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2012, 01:52:22 AM »

And Daz's verses were from the song "Only For U" off Revenge Retaliation and Get Back.  This Monique girl must be some kind of inside joke because on the album Dogg Food, that guy calls in to W-Ballz and gives a shout out to his baby mama "Monique" as well.

You could very well be correct but Monique isn't that uncommon of a name, so I think it's a stretch to say that.

It's probably right based on the 'freestyle' nature of those sessions. meaning taking ideas and running with em

Fresh Bone

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2012, 12:04:34 PM »
The bass + rhythm guitar are so catchy. Reminds me of the '2Pac - R U Still Down?' album. It had the same type of guitar style all over that album, I think it was played by Ricky Rouse if I'm not mistaken. The trumpet is overpowering and out of place though. Still, a good song, throwback '96 Daz beat.

Will_B

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2012, 01:46:29 PM »
The bass + rhythm guitar are so catchy. Reminds me of the '2Pac - R U Still Down?' album. It had the same type of guitar style all over that album, I think it was played by Ricky Rouse if I'm not mistaken. The trumpet is overpowering and out of place though. Still, a good song, throwback '96 Daz beat.

The Trumpet ain't out of place IMO. It's classic Death Row Daz right there. U forgot Jodeci & DPG 'Get On Up' Remix? Same dude playing

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2012, 03:32:29 PM »
The song is Monique - Daz feat. Soopafly.  I cannot find this anywhere.  If anyone could hook me up, it'd be greatly appreciated, i can pretty much get you any Soopafly song to trade if you'd like.  It would be a nice Christmas gift for Soopafly's #1 fan!

Merry Christmas. Enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/?dxvpe67c7wvis17

thanks

+1

Portugoal

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2012, 08:37:08 PM »
The song is Monique - Daz feat. Soopafly.  I cannot find this anywhere.  If anyone could hook me up, it'd be greatly appreciated, i can pretty much get you any Soopafly song to trade if you'd like.  It would be a nice Christmas gift for Soopafly's #1 fan!

Merry Christmas. Enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/?dxvpe67c7wvis17

:-*

bouli77

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2012, 02:15:59 AM »
thanks for the link.

i'm guessin Soopafly's verse is really only a reference verse since he keeps saying "dat nigga daz" throughout the verse lol as if he was boasting about his actions.

nice production but i'm not really feeling the song. once again i can understand they never released it in the first place. I prefer Feels Good and Only for U by far.

Will_B

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2012, 02:29:20 AM »
thanks for the link.

i'm guessin Soopafly's verse is really only a reference verse since he keeps saying "dat nigga daz" throughout the verse lol as if he was boasting about his actions.

nice production but i'm not really feeling the song. once again i can understand they never released it in the first place. I prefer Feels Good and Only for U by far.

Sounds good though a nice setup. It actually made me think bout buying the CD for it