Author Topic: T.I. - Trouble Man: Heavy Is The Head (Discussion Thread)  (Read 21840 times)

Will_B

Re: T.I. - Trouble Man: Heavy Is The Head (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #360 on: March 03, 2013, 11:33:39 PM »
i think an album can be considered classic as soon as it drops... like "2001", for instance. everyone knew that was a classic the day it dropped. doubt this TI album meets that standard (havent really peeped it yet, though)

You have a point. When the quality is 'up there with the classics' I guess people know they got something they can bank on

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #361 on: March 04, 2013, 07:48:20 AM »
ill be honest the last album i heard that could claim classic status to me is currency pilot talk part one

kendrik lamars last two joints i believe could be looked at as essential listening in the following years like how illmatic was its kind of a time capsule for the youth of that generation.

tip wasnt intending to change the cultutre with this record he wasnt looking to reinvent the wheel he did this album to stay relevent, i commend him on his heartfelt records especially the one with akon its not easy to put complex emotions into rhyme form and i love that shit but this album wont ever be looked at as classic cuz he didnt do anything NEW. hes not ushering in new sounds hes not using new flows. does ANYONE think hes really got the trap back jumpin? i stay close to the streets and d boys aint playing that bullshit...and we all know hes not bunkin

@ william b manny fresh aint dropped anything thats moved me in YEARS but his impact on southern hip hop cant be denied....nigga invented many drum patterns that are still very relevant today.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #362 on: March 04, 2013, 07:53:41 AM »
i think an album can be considered classic as soon as it drops... like "2001", for instance. everyone knew that was a classic the day it dropped. doubt this TI album meets that standard (havent really peeped it yet, though)

nigga lets be real though...that was good marketing.

the planets and stars lined up for that album first eminem came out then no limit top dog giving him a buzz again he dropped stll dre and that shit was A HUGE record...followed up with an em single? it was a wrap...interscope had there shit ON POINT back then...i worked at the moms and pops when that album came out will smith and bow wows debut came out the same day there was a line wrapped around the store for these albums...

there is no amount of build up other then dre dying that could propell detox to the kind of numbers they want out of that album...

i remember murder dog SHIT on 2001 i was like "for real?" they said it was all east coast shit.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #363 on: March 04, 2013, 02:11:02 PM »
you can't judge if you haven't heard it i think u should give it a spin. the album is above and beyond the standards trust me.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #364 on: March 04, 2013, 02:20:16 PM »
you can't judge if you haven't heard it i think u should give it a spin. the album is above and beyond the standards trust me.

whose standards, yours or the average non TI cock slurping rap fan?
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #365 on: March 04, 2013, 02:23:39 PM »
ill be honest the last album i heard that could claim classic status to me is currency pilot talk part one

kendrik lamars last two joints i believe could be looked at as essential listening in the following years like how illmatic was its kind of a time capsule for the youth of that generation.

tip wasnt intending to change the cultutre with this record he wasnt looking to reinvent the wheel he did this album to stay relevent, i commend him on his heartfelt records especially the one with akon its not easy to put complex emotions into rhyme form and i love that shit but this album wont ever be looked at as classic cuz he didnt do anything NEW. hes not ushering in new sounds hes not using new flows. does ANYONE think hes really got the trap back jumpin? i stay close to the streets and d boys aint playing that bullshit...and we all know hes not bunkin

@ william b manny fresh aint dropped anything thats moved me in YEARS but his impact on southern hip hop cant be denied....nigga invented many drum patterns that are still very relevant today.
he didn't have to do anything new what he did was refreshing for hip hop and it's his eighth album. trouble man had plenty of new sounds and new flows the nigga was spittin' fire on this one and the production was top notch as well. no mainstream album came out as good last year and was well put together and diversified like trouble man. niggas and bitches buy his records so of course he's gonna cater to us he'd be a fool not totrap back jumpin' is fire too he don't sell dope no more but if anybody can talk about it in their music: it's him he lived that life so can rhyme about it as long as he wants. when ross do it and it's cool. how come t.i. can't do it and do it so vividly at that ?
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #366 on: March 04, 2013, 02:25:22 PM »

why are you even talkin' to me while you thinkin' about dick you faggot euro ?

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #367 on: March 04, 2013, 02:27:48 PM »

im just posing a simple question to you.

do you have the same standards as the average rap fan, or are yours specially adjusted and lowered for your boo, i mean favorite rapper?

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #368 on: March 04, 2013, 02:40:39 PM »

do you have the same standards as the average rap fan, or are yours specially adjusted and lowered for your boo, i mean favorite rapper?
i have way higher standards than the average hip hop fan. i come from the era where lyrics, production, and classic albums were important....wit that said t.i. has consistently dropped great records wit all those qualtiies i just named you just too dumb to see. i been bumpin' t.i. since some of you muthathafuckas even knew who he was back in '03 dude is a legend and i will always cop t.i. music so fuck you.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #369 on: March 04, 2013, 02:43:41 PM »

i have way higher standards than the average hip hop fan. i come from the era where lyrics, production, and classic albums were important....wit that said t.i. has consistently dropped great records wit all those qualtiies i just named you just too dumb to see. i been bumpin' t.i. since some of you muthathafuckas even knew who he was back in '03 dude is a legend and i will always cop t.i. music so fuck you.

thats a brool story

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #370 on: March 04, 2013, 02:46:26 PM »

thats a brool story
you probably never even heard a t.i. record before goof ball. go fry you up some dog and relax sonny.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #371 on: March 04, 2013, 04:30:57 PM »

he didn't have to do anything new what he did was refreshing for hip hop and it's his eighth album. trouble man had plenty of new sounds and new flows the nigga was spittin' fire on this one and the production was top notch as well. no mainstream album came out as good last year and was well put together and diversified like trouble man. niggas and bitches buy his records so of course he's gonna cater to us he'd be a fool not totrap back jumpin' is fire too he don't sell dope no more but if anybody can talk about it in their music: it's him he lived that life so can rhyme about it as long as he wants. when ross do it and it's cool. how come t.i. can't do it and do it so vividly at that ?

everyone knows ross is a phony fuck we know hes a story teller ti said in swagga like us if you dont live the shit you kick your basically trash...i could show you interviews on you tube where TI says plain as day dissing the trap rappers after gucci dissed him the first time "i was never talking about shipping kis and all that because i was never in that disposition, i was on the block eight of us would go in on a brick blah blah blah..." i cant really respect that shit. hes hollywood like snoop dogg and he should just stay out of trouble and start letting the endorsements roll in and shit before he ends up LL cool J status hosting the grammys or some shit while his new single tanks.

i think this album was strong enough and performed well enough that he should fall back a little now. hes earned it...if he puts out another no mercy (yes i know you loved it, you dont have to remind me) ppl are gonna go from remembering that he dropped a great comeback album to saying he was inconsistent over the last half of his career.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #372 on: March 05, 2013, 12:13:31 PM »

thats a brool story
you probably never even heard a t.i. record before goof ball. go fry you up some dog and relax sonny.

lol at this kid.

ive heard TI before i just dont have homosexual thoughts about him that in turn cause my judgement about music to be skewed. 

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #373 on: March 05, 2013, 12:25:36 PM »

thats a brool story

lol at this kid.

ive heard TI before i just dont have homosexual thoughts about him that in turn cause my judgement about music to be skewed. 
you just have homosexual thoughts. ain't mothin' homo about discussin' music this just proves that you always got dick on your mind. i know you just love to see ball players mid air dick jinglin' and shit because you're a euro fag....that's kinda shit you into. let's discuss music and nothin' more please.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #374 on: March 05, 2013, 01:32:44 PM »
the term euro fag is like saying nigger in the hood here

consequences and repercussions.