Author Topic: I think Hip Hop is going to have another growth spurt within 2 years  (Read 404 times)

MistaNova

Re: I think Hip Hop is going to have another growth spurt within 2 years
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2012, 01:19:50 AM »
I thought that hip hop was going to be better back in 2009 when cats like J. Cole, Nipsey Hussle, Wiz Khalifa, Big Sean, B.o.B., Wale, Pill, Meek Mill, Kendrick Lamar, Freddie Gibbs, Jay Rock etc... starting making noise and were among the many waves of new talent flowing into the rap game. Fast foward to 2012 and the hopeful future has all but disappeared.
I don't see hip hop getting a growth spurt anymore than I see Justin Bieber hitting puberty within 2 years.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2012, 03:57:50 AM »
ill probably give his album a listen once its on spotify, I'm not biased against these new cats like a lot of old school hip hop heads

I'd say Keef is in the same lane as Waka, his music is made to be enjoyed, and that's it. Thumping beats, catchy hooks and dope melody in the flow, just another variety of party rap.

2012 was an amazing year for hip hop to me, hopefully we get more of the same in 2013.

I agree that it is meant to be enjoyed for a certain time/place.  Nothing wrong with that.

But i do think rap is a copy cat music genre (like some others) and that the southern sounding beats/voice/flow is getting a little stale.  Some obviously pull it off better than others.
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2012, 11:34:35 AM »
We have to do something to accomidate everybody.  And at the same time we also have to acknowledge that people wanna dance and hear soul food all at the same time.  Nobody wants to be dumbed down and at the same time no one wants to be bombarded with depression (regardless of age).  

I say more Joey BadA$$/P.E. and more Freddie Gibbs.  More Drake and more Gucci Mane.  2013 should be the return of balance.  

#2cents

more soul, more jazz, more bounce, and more deep records.  And more Analog.  I love digital but aint nothin like some Analog every now n then.  Thats why older records have stuck around so long imo (well that amongst other things like Melody and Non-Fiction Entertainment like Game's "Old English")
[/quoteI was with u untile u said GUCCI Mane!!come on mayne...out wih this simple ass nigga...he can't even rap!!PE,common,wiz,snoop,dpg,wu,kast,triple6 bun b, face,..but gucci cuzz..naw.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2012, 02:49:56 PM »
i like everything.  Gucci, Frank Ocean, Kendrick, Krit, Wiz, Eminem, Three 6, Wu Tang, Badu, and on & on. 

But as far as Gucci goes, dude just gets a bad rep