Author Topic: Why isn't anyone talking about BIG K.R.I.T.?  (Read 697 times)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Why isn't anyone talking about BIG K.R.I.T.?
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2012, 12:44:32 PM »
i dont know, i dont really discuss recent hip hop on here, mostly with friends.

doesnt seem like dubcc is really on it, i just come here to know the occasional rare g-funk track and such

i mean the kendrick threads started what when good kid mad city was gonna come out? ridiculous, i made a kendrick thread a year or 2  ago and nobody gave two shits.

i mean i'd love to discuss some wale, chuuwee, big krit, stalley, etc etc but seems like nobody really gives a shit.

Yup and that's the worst thing about this forum, people stuck in the 90s and not willing to give new rappers with new sounds a chance.

bouli77

« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2012, 01:39:45 PM »
i think a lotta people are stuck with that "stuck in the past" cliché about this forum. sure people mostly mainly talk about an outdated form of rap on this forum but ppl still discuss new shit too. it'd be dumb to stop making threads about it. the Outbounds section, which discusses mostly recent shit is as active as the westcoast one.

You said it yourself.. Dude was average and I just didnt like him.. I respect UGK and UGK has some dope songs but Im just not that in to their music... Bun B is DOPE though

Whats wrong with having an opinion? And what does the color of my skin have to do with my knowledge of rap and what I think is dope?

Since you are using that logic please explain to me why you are more entitled to an opinion than I am. Please enlighten me.

alright dude i'm gonna have to quote you on this. I never said you weren't entitled to your opinion.
lol so tell me what makes Pimp C great? Average dude who died?   ::)

I just answered your question. You asked "what makes Pimp C great", and I just gave you a detailed answer with several arguments. You, on the other hand, have been acting snotty from the beginning, like you were looking down upon people who liked Pimp C's music, you also called him an "average dude", not "average rapper" which I can agree with (to an extent). But yeah you're entitled to your opinion as much as I am to mine, as long as the due respect comes with it.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2012, 02:14:00 PM »
i can't believe u guys are dissin' pimp c like that.  he was a real nigga and a legend and has paved the way for many dope southern artists. that ugk4life had some bangers but didn't have what them older albums had: that cohesive factor.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

bouli77

« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2012, 02:35:32 PM »
i can't believe u guys are dissin' pimp c like that.  he was a real nigga and a legend and has paved the way for many dope southern artists. that ugk4life had some bangers but didn't have what them older albums had: that cohesive factor.

you guyz ? only one person dissin pimp C in this thread dude.  Underground Kingz is a modern classic. impressive double CD, a few fillers and many slaps, and deep, powerful songs.

sav

« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2012, 03:00:14 PM »
Underground Kingz is a modern classic.

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2012, 08:38:00 PM »
What everyone said so far bout the pimp is true but his best quality IMO was his take no bs persona. Didnt hold his tongue for anybody n always told the truth. His death cleared the lane for a lot of the bs goin on rite now w dudes kissing each other, wearing tight/womens clothes n actin fruity because if he was alive niggas know hed go at em over that shit.
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will