Author Topic: Who To Drop Over Tiago Splitter?  (Read 2359 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Who To Drop Over Tiago Splitter?
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2012, 03:20:41 PM »
I'll keep an eye out, thanks.

Sccit

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2012, 03:22:41 PM »
Is Chauncey worth holding on for? I need the 3 pointers, assists and steals where he contributes regularly...but he's injury prone. It's a deep league with 14 players, so the waiver players aren't anything special.

depends who u have as a replacement? right now, i'd say no..but who's on ure wire?

Nobody special...Delfino, L. Stephenson, Fredette, C. Lee

Turkoglu should return soon, I wonder what his role will be with the magic.

i would pick up turk for sure. his ceiling is much higher than billups

Sccit

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2012, 03:25:49 PM »
That's really thin.

If you're looking for a guard specifically, keep an eye on Garrett Temple:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4682/gamelog;_ylt=AsiQgcSkvWFIXJShayp6c5SkvLYF

Another guy to keep an eye on is Ed Davis (nothing special; but in a deep league, he can help w/the little things; especially w/ Bargnani & JV out, he'll get the minutes & opportunity). He hasn't done anything grand in the past few games, but it hasn't been terrible either.

on point with ed davis....keep turk and see if he can contribute. if not, ed davis might be a good ad with that thin wire. bargs is as good as gone and davis is torontos future at the 4.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2012, 04:44:18 PM »
Good as gone injury wise or you predict they'll trade him?

Been watching Davis for a while now. Thinking of dropping Scola and grabbing Davis. But Scola has so much reserve, he's been really shitty so far. Don't know if he'll pick it up eventually...

Or maybe drop S.Hawes for Davis? Once Bynum (if he) returns...he's quite poor defensive wise as it is (blocks and shots). Then I also have Isiah Thomas, he's been picking it up lately and I need the 3s and assists...don't know if I should drop him.

So basically would you drop Scola or Hawes for E.Davis and if so, which one? Just saw that Barnagni will get traded so E.Davis should have a bright future.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 05:15:50 PM by Meho »

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2012, 05:36:28 PM »
Scola with a great 1st quarter today...fuck me

Sccit

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2012, 11:21:10 AM »
thats tough...hawes is probably ur safest drop, tho

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2012, 03:34:51 PM »
thats tough...hawes is probably ur safest drop, tho

Yeah already done. Davis for Hawes. Wish me luck  8)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2013, 02:26:25 PM »
I'm thinking of trading for Harden; I get Harden, the other side gets I.Thomas+ Calderon or Conley.

Statistics tell me it's better to trade Conley but Calderon is involved heavily in trade rumors, where he will most likely play second fiddle or Lowry could take his spot again, thus his production falling off again.

I don't know who the hell to pick.

Sccit

« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2013, 02:46:03 PM »
I'm thinking of trading for Harden; I get Harden, the other side gets I.Thomas+ Calderon or Conley.

Statistics tell me it's better to trade Conley but Calderon is involved heavily in trade rumors, where he will most likely play second fiddle or Lowry could take his spot again, thus his production falling off again.

of course trade calderon, if u can even pull that deal off...did the other person already agree, or u just proposing this hoping he accepts?

between calderon and conley, the easy choice to trade is calderon, though

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2013, 02:50:02 PM »

of course trade calderon, if u can even pull that deal off...did the other person already agree, or u just proposing this hoping he accepts?

between calderon and conley, the easy choice to trade is calderon, though

But Conley has weaker %FG than Calderon and so does Harden, which means my shot percentage will drop and I'm already not so good at it. Both Conley and Harden have lots of turnovers too.

But yeah you're probably right, Conley is most likely a more safe choice. Hoping he accepts, he's in need of assists.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2013, 02:54:39 PM »
What if I offer Calderon/Thomas for Wade; is that more realistic?

Sccit

« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2013, 05:33:07 PM »
i doubt anyone who has harden right now is gunna wanna get rid of him.....but u never know, he may really need the assists.

yea, wade is more realistic, but again, people put a lot of name value on wade, so it may also be a long-shot.

as for conley vs calderon...calderon will most likely either be traded or replaced as a starter by kyle lowry pretty soon. conley is a 44% fg shooter on his career, so u know his percentage is likely to rise. he also gets u elite steals, which makes him wayyy more valuable than calderon, who's fg% isnt much better to begin with. so yea, conley is obviously much better, even if calderon doesnt lose his starting gig, which he most likely will.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2013, 02:59:35 AM »
I didn't propose the trade in the end. Decided to stick with my guns.

Don't know about Calderon though. He's always getting shitted on and is always in fear of losing his starting gig but he keeps coming back and back. Dude is a warrior. And Toronto coach seems to really be keen on whoever plays best. He already said Davis and Johnson will have the starting gig over Barnagni and Valocucinias (or however you spell his name). It will be interesting to see if they trade him, maybe to Indiana?

Sccit

« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2013, 09:17:37 AM »
they didn't trade a loterry pick to sit Lowry on the bench.. He's too good for that

Calderon is good too, but he's not in their future plans, so it wouldnt really make sense to keep him starting all year. Even with the starting gig, Conley is still better.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2013, 07:16:06 AM »
Who do you guys think it's better to pick off the waiver: B.Mullens, C.Landry or J. Valanciunas? What about Billups?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 10:12:31 AM by Meho »