Author Topic: wayne getting hate now is like when Em was getting hate in the early to mid 2000  (Read 304 times)

King Of The Greater Los Angeles Area

• 'G'
a lot of you wayne haters have never even bumped his catalogue and really just smoked a blunt to his shit. you cats just hate cause he's mainstream and cause of the poppy singles on the radio. same deal with em back in the day but people went back and listened to ems shit and now he's considered one of the greatest rappers ever even though he's releasing mostly subpar music these days. in time people will realize all of the great music that weezy has provided us

levamisole

• Lil Geezy
What you're saying is true but otoh if someone has only heard the singles and hasn't liked them can you really blame them for not checking out other material. That's actually kinda exactly his problem, he releases a lot of music and some of it really isn't good (while some is).

Many people also probably fail to understand how he plays both with words and his voice which is a large part of what makes him good. Not because they are stupid or anything but because they don't even give him a proper chance.

BiggBoogaBiff

Wayne is one of the goats.  Quite a few of his bars have double and triple meanings

Sccit

eminem was a lyrical genius. wayne was a good rapper turned pop singer. horrible comparison, in every way imaginable.

you're better off comparing the current eminem to the current wayne, cuz they both on some bullshit.

Sccit

also, eminem was WELL respected by a majority of hip-hop heads around the time the "MMLP" dropped, while wayne currently gets most of his love from the nicki minaj/rihanna/justin bieber fanbase. em catered to both sides of the fence, a lot more than wayne ever did.

KrazySumwhat

Wayne dosent appeal to me but i cant hate because of like what OP said, i havent heard shit from him. Dont think i ever heard a Wayne solo song, never listened to cash money back in the day.
 I remember an outkast song with Snoop n lil Wayne, good song. I dont really like the song Em an Wayne did together.
 I get the impression Wayne is whack but used to be better but i dont really know.
 Weird voice and his fashion sense is ahh off putting.
 Eminem also revived hate for being white and the bleached blonde hair(in my opinion) wasnt exactly a good look.
 Both done poppy songs, get the impression Wayne more cliche where as Em did those childish south park type humour songs.
 When i think about it its funny, i do kinda feel he(wayne) gets more hate than he deserves but at the same time feel he has more fans and record sales than he deserves.
 I doubt he's as whack as Soulja boy or pit bull. Guess i aint heard that much from them either though.
 Dose Wayne have betetr lyrics than master-P? (lol)
 But yeah as NICC said Em appealed to hip hop heads that love lyricism and the ability to freestyle  and the mainstream and younger auidence.

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
LOL @ bumpin his whole catalogue. Cuz Wobbldey wobbldey drop it like its hot is such a deep thought out message. Thats BS cuz most Wayne fans are little niggas who dont remember the block is hot or 500 degrees and dont like his old pre ghostwritten days.
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

Sccit

I get the impression Wayne is whack but used to be better but i dont really know.

money

J. B A N A N A S

Tha Block is Hot is a classic.

Remedy360

I used to like Lil Wayne a lot, but the fact of the matter is he's a pop-artist now. I'll still bump some of his older stuff, but his new-ish stuff is pretty weak.

levamisole

• Lil Geezy
LOL @ bumpin his whole catalogue. Cuz Wobbldey wobbldey drop it like its hot is such a deep thought out message. Thats BS cuz most Wayne fans are little niggas who dont remember the block is hot or 500 degrees and dont like his old pre ghostwritten days.

Music doesn't have to haver a deep thought out message to be good.

And "drop it like it's hot" is a clever, or at least pretty funny, metaphor that he came up with as a child(!) and became a staple in the culture. Snoop even jacked it to make an entire song!

Wayne is one of the goats.  

Sikotic™

I pretend that Wayne died after The Carter II.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I pretend that Wayne died after The Carter II.

Mixtape Wayne from C2 to C3 was in beast mode, last couple years he's fallen the fuck off though.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 11:44:35 PM by dubsmith_nz »