Author Topic: Truth be told The DMV Rap scene is pretty wack, outside of South VA & Wale  (Read 263 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

*this is not a diss but...........*

Trel is ight but that nigga's ear for beats is horrendous and Im not so sure him and Keef have the best chemistry when it comes to the whole SB/GBE connec.  Those two together just dont interest me in the least, same with the whole NLF/Fat Trel thing (and GBE/NLF also).  

But the Rap scene is pretty wack over here, we jah sound like everybody else and there arent too many negroes that are Original that's any good in the first place.  I'll forever support my Family but we need sum help this way of the mason-dixon line.  like i said, South VA got shit on lock and Wale does too (even tho Ross being in the hotseat right now isnt a good look) but we need more than them as a whole unless this way turns into a State and everybody separates [finally] and Niggaz In The Street will go blow for blow to be King Of "South Washington".  

I think it has to do with the fact that its so suburban over here.  Niggaz wont admit it but its really Soft over here.  Dont get it wrong, shit goes down over here:  mother and daughter gettin stuffed in a trunk and the car set on fire, the typical homicide for the new Jordans, hookers sellin Sex desperate for a Dollar, rapes, flagrant drug dealin, neighborhood beefs that end up with somebody shot to death or robbed for everything, etc etc but it's really not that bad over here (i dont count BMore as being part of The DMV, and South VA for that matter).  

Becuz as we all know the Music is driven by the culture and while the Culture Walls are being torn down everyday with the help of the Internet and Deluxe "Cable" TV, the energy still has to be created and generated somewhere.  The influence is out here but its mainly for partying (as far as making music is concerned).  

The past Four/Five years its definitely been getting better, becuz Four/Five years ago nobody would even come see about or talk about this muthafucka.  And thats all fine n dandy but where's the action, where's the change?  It just seems like all we're doing is getting Older over here and still taking tiny baby steps to be a great Metro Area.  Truth be told the only thing exciting thats jumped off over in this part of the globe is September 11th, Obama, and RG3 (the marijuana laws are still pretty word of mouf and under wraps).  

I say all of that to say that the Music is a reflection of the culture and right now its not all that good.  I watch WorldStar, I've seen virtually every Rapper do sum sorta showcase, I've been to Stadium Club which is only good to go to if youre spending at least a Grand (its pretty upscale).  Truth be told these niggas only be talkin about Stadium becuz they get paid to or its the "ballin club to talk about to make u sound important", becuz trust me Stadium isnt all of that if u aint plannin on spendin any kinda real money in there.  

Thing is tho, I know what its missin over here but I'm not quite sure if anybody really cares to go all out for the City/DMV.  I think most artists over here only care about the money and the fame so they'll make whatever just to get burn, which isnt a bad thing but having that frame of mind limits creativity which in turn narrows the window.  

Shot out to Future tho, homie stayed workin tha ratchet clubs bein chill as shit backstage with all if the other local rappers and everybody else.  I hear he's always been really good ppl.  And last, dont get it twisted.  As far as Music goes we're ight as a whole becuz the R&B/Gospel/GoGo side has always done pretty good, its just that most of the Rappers suck [i had to say it]

she's ight, i'd smash but she got a face like a Lion

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: Truth be told The DMV Rap scene is pretty wack, outside of South VA & Wale
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 04:05:59 PM »
Honestly, when i hear 90% of these niggaz Rap or Make Beats Im just like "yeah, u got the sound down so its workable" but rarely do I get excited like that.  I think I've heard about 4 or 5 Rappers personally that i kinda got excited for and 1 of em died a few years ago and the other nigga is Wale lol.  And my Cousin, well, idk what that nigga's doin smh

BabyBird

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 05:03:21 PM »
ima gonna half ta heather you cuz, she sounds raspy!!

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 06:40:02 PM »
just as long as u gimme that deepthroat

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 08:43:29 PM »
shit is  wack, dogg
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

J. B A N A N A S

BiggBoogaBiff

Blood$

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 04:53:51 PM »
Fat Trel?

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2012, 06:40:09 PM »
Like i said, Trel's main problem is the beats he chooses to Rap over, other than that he's gucci.  I like Trel and have for the most part.  The Lex-Luger production makes him shine (and that beat style he was rappin over in that P/Keef vid a few months back) but he needs a little more quality control

i forgot about Chink Santana.  Homie was doin his thing back in the day and now he just stays more busy hittin Ashanti from tha back in tha studio.  Cant say i blame him but he shouldnt forget about music either lol

BiggBoogaBiff

D'Boy Keon is ight but he aint really got too much muzik out.  The chit he had wit Trel on WS did numbers but *poof*, shit was hard too. 

And also he made Los sound wack on a track but im sure that wasnt too hard.  
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 03:22:03 AM by Hollywood Bilderberg Group™ »