Author Topic: WELCOME BACK SEATTLE SUPERSONICS...GOODBYE SACRAMENTO KINGS  (Read 2180 times)

Sccit

WELCOME BACK SEATTLE SUPERSONICS...GOODBYE SACRAMENTO KINGS
« on: January 09, 2013, 03:36:02 PM »
Deal is being finalized to sell the Sacremento Kings to Seattle group.

Sorry Kings fans, congrats Supersonics - welcome back.

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/289078966055227393

Remedy360

Re: WELCOME BACK SEATTLE SUPERSONICS...GOODBYE SACRAMENTO KINGS
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 05:59:01 PM »
Nothing finalized yet, but great news, definitely gonna happen at some point  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Sccit

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 06:11:00 PM »
‎"Source: Seattle groups offer was rejected by Maloofs. Hmmm. Plot thickening by the minute." -Steve Large of CBS 13

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 06:26:09 PM »
ZOMBIE-KINGS

I mean Seattle had their team ripped from them, but so is Sacramento.  That shit isnt right.

Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

UNCEEN

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 06:37:54 PM »
Hope Seattle never gets a team... ppl in Seattle are douche bags.

Sccit

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 06:42:17 PM »
SEATTLE HAD A GREAT FANBASE...THEY DESERVE AN NBA TEAM

KING FANS WERE ALWAYS PASSIONATE, AS WELL. BUT THEY'RE MOSTLY A BUNCH OF ANNOYIN ASS HICKS

Remedy360

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 07:24:54 PM »
Hope Seattle never gets a team... ppl in Seattle are douche bags.

I don't even know what to say to this..

Remedy360

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 07:32:32 PM »
‎"Source: Seattle groups offer was rejected by Maloofs. Hmmm. Plot thickening by the minute." -Steve Large of CBS 13

Yeah, heard this a while ago. Either way, the way I see it, Stern wants a team back in Seattle, we got an arena deal, and the Kings team AND their owners are in a shitty financial situation. I'd like to see it happen for the 2013/2014 season like they're trying to do, but the way I see it, it'll happen eventually either way. There's nowhere else to go and Seattle is a proven market.

Sccit

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 01:29:48 AM »

Yeah, heard this a while ago. Either way, the way I see it, Stern wants a team back in Seattle, we got an arena deal, and the Kings team AND their owners are in a shitty financial situation. I'd like to see it happen for the 2013/2014 season like they're trying to do, but the way I see it, it'll happen eventually either way. There's nowhere else to go and Seattle is a proven market.
'

lol sacramento fans still holding out for a sacramento group to buy the team and turn it around in sac-town

Remedy360

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2013, 08:21:12 AM »
Yeah, they're lucky to have a mayor like KJ that goes all out for the cause, but don't you think something woulda happened by now?

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 09:58:18 AM »
Yeah, they're lucky to have a mayor like KJ that goes all out for the cause, but don't you think something woulda happened by now?

i really dont thinkn theyre staying in sac-town....but u never know, some rich cat from sacramento could end up the highest bidder with intentions of keepin the team there.

Remedy360

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2013, 11:39:26 AM »

i really dont thinkn theyre staying in sac-town....but u never know, some rich cat from sacramento could end up the highest bidder with intentions of keepin the team there.

But nobody from Sac-town is gonna be able to outbid a billionaire like Chris Hansen who also has Steve Ballmer (Microsoft Ceo) and the Nordstrom Brothers in his ownership group, assuming they do buy the team they'd be the most wealthy group in the NBA. That's why I feel it's pretty much inevitable like I did when I heard this ownership group was coming together, coupled with Sacramento's situation.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2013, 11:40:49 AM »
they need to retire shawn kemp and paytons jersey stat

Sccit

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2013, 11:56:20 AM »

But nobody from Sac-town is gonna be able to outbid a billionaire like Chris Hansen who also has Steve Ballmer (Microsoft Ceo) and the Nordstrom Brothers in his ownership group, assuming they do buy the team they'd be the most wealthy group in the NBA. That's why I feel it's pretty much inevitable like I did when I heard this ownership group was coming together, coupled with Sacramento's situation.

i feel ya....is the history still up for grabs, or is it for sure staying with OKC? or i remember hearing about "shared" history. that would be awful.

would be pretty whack to get an expansion supersonics with no prior history when they obviously have a deep one.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2013, 04:28:29 PM »
They better change the name because the Seattle Kings just don't sound right lol.

I hope Pete Carroll coaches the team. Man is a God.