Author Topic: WELCOME BACK SEATTLE SUPERSONICS...GOODBYE SACRAMENTO KINGS  (Read 2182 times)

Remedy360

Re: WELCOME BACK SEATTLE SUPERSONICS...GOODBYE SACRAMENTO KINGS
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2013, 11:10:56 PM »
They've been a secondary team to me since the 80's when I did like the lakers.  Ch.9  And ONTV.  Very old school.  There was nothing to hate or dislike about them then.  It did help of them having Tom Chambers, Jack Sikma, Dale Ellis, Shawn Kemp, Gary Payton, Ricky Pierce, Nate McMillan.  And their only good look, which they should go back to when the sonics return  :)  An alternate home yellow & road alternate black would be alright.  Just as long as they're similar to these.

I hate to admit, but the Schultz era jerseys are my favorite in terms of design, but should and will probably be abandoned after what happened in that time.

As far as the whole situation goes, I see Kevin Johnson as being the only major stumbling block. Stern obviously thinks highly of the guy and is giving him a shot. Seeing that the Malloofs own the team, I don't see anyone outbidding the Seattle guys, but I don't feel nearly as confident as I did a few days ago.

UNCEEN

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2013, 10:51:37 PM »
Hope Seattle never gets a team... ppl in Seattle are douche bags.

I don't even know what to say to this..
Been to a few Seahawk games i know...and i meant Sports fans in Seattle not everyone.

So "a few Seahawk" games represent all Seattle fans? Guess what, go to any NFL stadium in the league and there's going to be a bunch of drunk idiots. Let me guess, were they too loud for you? LOL, fail.
90% is more then a few... lol fail? what is this 2005.. nice try buddy.

90%? What are you even talking about? Nice try? LOL, you're the dumbass that got butthurt at a "a few Seahawks games" and now you're convinced Seattle doesn't deserve an NBA team? LMAO

"Lol" "LMAO" you're cool ... how bout those Seahawks though? lol all they could do is beat a team with an injured RG3.

Remedy360

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2013, 12:55:11 PM »

Been to a few Seahawk games i know...and i meant Sports fans in Seattle not everyone.

So "a few Seahawk" games represent all Seattle fans? Guess what, go to any NFL stadium in the league and there's going to be a bunch of drunk idiots. Let me guess, were they too loud for you? LOL, fail.

90%? What are you even talking about? Nice try? LOL, you're the dumbass that got butthurt at a "a few Seahawks games" and now you're convinced Seattle doesn't deserve an NBA team? LMAO

"Lol" "LMAO" you're cool ... how bout those Seahawks though? lol all they could do is beat a team with an injured RG3.

Lol yet you never post in the sports section except for here and it was revealed that it was because some Seahawks fans hurt your feelings at "a few games". Jokes on you, pussy.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 12:57:08 PM by Remedy360 »

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2013, 03:33:47 AM »

They suck on the road, it happens.  They still won.  They blew it against the falcons, falcons didn't win that game.  Good year, as far as I expected.  They need 2 be a better road team, get home field advantage.  Qwest field[tired of the constant stadium name changes] is a house of horrors for some teams. 

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Sccit

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2013, 01:18:07 PM »

Remedy360

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2013, 02:28:20 PM »
I hope that other Seattle fans aren't the major arrogant pricks that OKC was/still is to us about the Sonics.

Sccit

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2013, 02:57:42 PM »
apparently, sacramento is still holding out for kevin johnson to find a local buyer who will match the offer....the nba still has to approve the sale, and if a local buyer steps in, theyre supposed to grant them first rights....it's not 100% over yet.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2013, 03:06:49 PM »
deal to be finalized this week:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1494127-deal-to-move-sacramento-kings-to-seattle-will-reportedly-be-finalized-this-week?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nba

yep its a done deal

maloofs totally screwed sacramento and its fans on a huge scale

fucked up shit

LOL...i wont be surprised if one of em ends up assassinated.

these fools had the nerve to still show up to games recently too

smdh
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Remedy360

« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2013, 01:17:33 AM »
Back in 2008, I wish that Seattle had a mayor with half of the persistence that KJ has towards this whole thing. Still don't see them beating out Hansen's group though. Additionally, I don't really see the NBA letting it get this far only to just give it back to Sac-Town with all the time they've had to figure this shit out. And with all due respect to Sac-Town who does have a great fan-base, comparing the two in terms of media revenue, corporate sponsors, and potential ownership groups is laughable. Now that we have a viable arena close to construction, the NBA should be begging to come back here. Lame for those fans though considering the fact that markets like NO, Memphis, Charlotte, have never embraced their teams close to the extent of Sacramento.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 01:21:43 AM by Remedy360 »

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2013, 05:11:20 AM »

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1494127-deal-to-move-sacramento-kings-to-seattle-will-reportedly-be-finalized-this-week?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nba

yep its a done deal

fucked up shit

Well them no-cals are fucking crazy.  They wanted 2 kill biggie because he gave E-40 a low rating on west coast rappers.  Its not like he said Fuck E-40 & whoever likes him.  All no-cals do nowadays is shooting deaths  :scarface:  Art Modell had 2 leave when he made the deal to move the clowns to B.more.  The way the clowns was in the 90's they shoulda thanked him.  That city deserved a better team.

yep its a done deal

fucked up shit

these fools had the nerve to still show up to games recently too

smdh
I guess they got the idea from bud adams.  He still went to the oiler games after he chose to move the oilers to tennessee  :)  He still lives in the houston area.  Wonder why he just didn't move them to san antonio?  Although adams pissed off the fans so much that they didn't care that he left & took the oilers name. 
Back in 2008, I wish that Seattle had a mayor with half of the persistence that KJ has towards this whole thing. Still don't see them beating out Hansen's group though. Additionally, I don't really see the NBA letting it get this far only to just give it back to Sac-Town with all the time they've had to figure this shit out. And with all due respect to Sac-Town who does have a great fan-base, comparing the two in terms of media revenue, corporate sponsors, and potential ownership groups is laughable. Now that we have a viable arena close to construction, the NBA should be begging to come back here. Lame for those fans though considering the fact that markets like NO, Memphis, Charlotte, have never embraced their teams close to the extent of Sacramento.
People in charlotte did embrace the hornets but management drove the fans away with all their dumbass trades, owner pissed them off also.  And I found out why the league is tryna make the move now instead of giving seattle an expansion team.  So Clay Bennett won't have to pay an extra $30 million.  I can't find the site to explain what I mean right now.

Remedy360

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2013, 11:46:55 PM »
Don't see how they could turn it down after this...the 525 Mill price that the Seattle team is paying would make the Kings the 11th most valuable franchise and boosts the average franchise value..

SEATTLE -- The Kings lost on Wednesday night.  But that was likely a post script for many fans who care about the long term future of the franchise.
Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson repeated Wednesday that he was collecting investors in a rival bid to buy the franchise and keep it in his city. But he acknowledged he had not lined up a potential majority investor, and isn’t sure about plans for a new Downtown Sacramento Arena.

Johnson said he hopes a solid plan, and investors, will help convince the NBA to reject the recent sale of the franchise to a Seattle group.

The NBA announced Monday that Chris Hansen has a purchase and sale agreement for the Kings. Both Hansen, and the Maloof Family, which currently owns the franchise, confirmed the sale.

It is pending approval of NBA Owners. Sources say the deal was for 65% of the franchise, which would have a valuation of $525 million. It includes a $30 million dollar non-refundable down payment, by Hansen, to the Maloofs.

A source close to the negotiations, speaking on a condition of anonymity, confirmed there was strategic reason for that payment and it may open the door for a legal challenge by either side if the deal is not approved.

NBA Owners may also smile at what the $525 figure has already done to franchise values. Forbes Magazine said Wednesday the Kings are now the 11th most valuable franchise in the NBA, based on Hansen’s deal. That also boosted the average franchise value to $509 million, according to Forbes, which says that’s a 30% increase over last year.

Author Kurt Badenhausen also wrote, “The increase is due to higher revenue from television, new and renovated arenas, and the NBA’s new collective-bargaining agreement, which reduced player costs from 57% of revenues to roughly 50%. The labor deal also increased the amount of money high-revenue teams provide low-revenue teams.”

His data also claims the purchase increased the Kings value 75% in one year. The franchise has been in the bottom four of the league in revenue, according to Forbes.

Hansen must file for relocation by March 1st.  The NBA Owners will likely vote on the issue in April.