Author Topic: Evolution of "Tha Doggfather" LP - Death Row internal reference mixes + timeline  (Read 12738 times)

Efrain

^^ Nice looking tracklist Sues!

05. Vapors (Remix)  :-X

8)

:banana:

Where can I hear this remix, I remember hearing this on e on the radio backin like 97 when midnite love got released.

I think it's the only song off of his Doggumentary EP that remains unleaked.

Didn't Battlecat produce the remix?

Yes, Battlecat produced tha remix. It features Charlie Wilson and the late Teena Marie on it. That's where the confusion came about regarding the credits that appeared in the booklet of tha album.

I never realized that they were listed as features on Vapors. Props for pointing that out. Now I REALLY wanna hear this track!

Haha yeah seriously... someone please bless us with.

Efrain

It would be nice to hear that "walk that walk" track that's listed in the first 4 or so tracklists too. Pretty much every song they did with those strings sounds amazing. 

jones5099

• 'G'
I've never heard the Battlecat Remix of Vapors, but I always thought the version Snoop performed on SNL may have been a live rendition of it.  I'm talking about this version:  

MarshColin

Pretty much every song they did with those strings sounds amazing. 

Agreed. They made a world of difference in the differences between the Smokefest and DMW tracks. Smokefest sounded super boring to me so when I saw that most of the same tracks were gonna be on DMW I was pissed at first, but ended up liking it once I heard the album. Those movie clip intros were annoying as fuck to me though lol. I wonder if those were added to the tracks back in 96 or in 2001 (or whenever it was that DMW was released).

Sami

• Muthafuckin' OG
I think the movie clips were added by Hutch. That's more his style.

sms130

• 'G'
^^ Nice looking tracklist Sues!

05. Vapors (Remix)  :-X

8)

:banana:

Where can I hear this remix, I remember hearing this on e on the radio backin like 97 when midnite love got released.

I think it's the only song off of his Doggumentary EP that remains unleaked.

Didn't Battlecat produce the remix?

Yes, Battlecat produced tha remix. It features Charlie Wilson and the late Teena Marie on it. That's where the confusion came about regarding the credits that appeared in the booklet of tha album.

I never realized that they were listed as features on Vapors. Props for pointing that out. Now I REALLY wanna hear this track!

Haha yeah seriously... someone please bless us with.

I hear that, that has to officially see the light of day. It's a nice remix. I've personally heard it (a loooooooong time ago) and I remember that it was gonna go on "Tha Doggumentary" EP that was planned to be released in 1997.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
walk that walk is c walk

suge wasnt havin it

johnnie360

Walk that Walk.... Could That be Gangsta Walk on DMW?

I think between The Chronic relit, lost sessions, smokefest, dmw, At his Best, LBC crew album we have most of these songs?

johnnie360

Even though this is an old ass album from back in the days, Im gonna put together a doggfather sessions comp with the provided lists. Im gonna do a sessions comp, and like a second disc with the best of these songs for a doggfather disc 2 of the best leftovers.

Any info on these songs?

Walk the Walk (c-walk? gangsta walk from DMW?)

Come on home (So Sentrelle?)

Gangstas Life

intro- havent u heard (LBC CRew?)

off the hook

quite oblivious

get up to get down

Whats my name daz remix (From Dr Greatest hits?)

bugsy

stone cold corleone

been so long

no recognition

would you kill 4 me

Also where does the song Hoez fall into this?

As I stated some of the other songs popped up on lost sessions, chronic relit as well.

Hack Wilson - real

they took "Street Life" off very early...always thought it might have been a last minute decision not to have any Pac collabos on Doggfather

yep

johnnie360

DAT
The Doggfather 4/3/96    
Snoop Doggy Dogg

Dogg Father,
East Side Party,
I Will Survive,
Change Gonna Come,
May I Funk With You,
Tommy Boy, Wake Up,
Walk That Walk,
Come On Home,
Never Leave Me Alone,
Street Life,

DAT   
Tha Doggfather new 4/12/96   
Snoop Doggy Dogg

Gangstas life,
Smoke enuff bud,
Dogg collar,
I will survive,
Eastside party,
Doggy land,
May I funk with you,
Change gone come,
Hit rocks,
Wake up,
Word on the street,
Too black,
Dogg father,
Too high,
Tommy boy,
Walk that walk

1/2 tape   
Edit Piece from DAT transfer to multitrack 4/12/96
Snoop Doggy Dogg   

Gangstas life,
Smoke enuff bud,
Dogg collar,
I will survive,
Eastside party,
doggy land,
May I funk with you,
Change gone come,
Hit rocks,
Wake up,
Word on the street,
Too black,
Dogg father,
Too high,
Tommy boy,
Walk that walk

Gangstas Life.. Could That be OG from lost sessions? Snoop says "Straight Gangstas Life" in the song, and it features Nate Dogg RIP, and it seems like in the span of this week is when Nate Dogg was around. I speculate he was working on his album at the time, and laid down the vocals for Gangsta Life/Og & Eastside Party. And Snoop laid down the vocals for Never Leave me alone, for Nate Doggs album. Thats what leads me to believe that Gansgta Life is indeed OG, which isnt the original song name.

Eastside Party was recorded in the previous session I quoted, but I bet nate came and laid his vocals in the 4/3 to 4/12 sessions.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
interesting.

This thread is very interesting.. one of the reasons that you still have to love Dubcc in spite of everything.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

me1

I just skimmed this thread and I can't believe you retards are actually putting up alternate tracklistings, and debating on what happened, who gives a fuck the album came out in 96, and wasn't even that great. Fucking Euros and their 90s obsession.

The intrigue and interest, for me at least, is rooted in the fact that this LP was the follow up to one of the biggest records ever, in any genre.

But not only that. This follow up was created after Dre's exodus. So watching the evolution of how DR chose to fill that void and their strategy for the direction and marketing of the project is pretty cool. To me at least

johnnie360

^^ Exactly. This is by far the most interesting thread in a long while. I remember getting this album when it dropped. And was very much into death row at the time... its good to fill in some blanks, and archive a bit of history. Its fun to look back, even if its not productive.

johnnie360

another interesting thing that may be materializing, is the "Doggystyle Records Comp" that was advertised in Doggfathers cd booklet. Theres many songs throughout these sessions that would fit perfectly on something like that.