Author Topic: Evolution of "Tha Doggfather" LP - Death Row internal reference mixes + timeline  (Read 12721 times)

123imagee

^^ Exactly. This is by far the most interesting thread in a long while. I remember getting this album when it dropped. And was very much into death row at the time... its good to fill in some blanks, and archive a bit of history. Its fun to look back, even if its not productive.

johnnie360

Can anyone shed some light on some of these songs for me?

Doggfather Interlude

Word on The street (We be puttin it down OG)?

Whats My Name REMIX

Bugsy

Stone Cold Corleone

Been So Long

No Recognition

In The Rain + REMIX

Would You Kill 4 ME

Hot Line

Are these tracks On other releases? Unleaked?

123imagee

Wouldnt Doggfather Sell More/Hype If They Put One (Or Maybe Even 2) Pac-Collabo On It?
Why Did They Took Streetlife Off It?I Don´t Git It.

Efrain

Doggfather Interlude

Whats My Name REMIX

Bugsy

Stone Cold Corleone

Been So Long

No Recognition

In The Rain + REMIX

Would You Kill 4 ME

Hot Line

I have a feeling a lot of the above are skits. Pretty sure "Doggfather Interlude" = the Doggfather album intro, "Whats My Name REMIX" = Daz's remix that was released on DR greatest hits, "Word on The street" = that skit that appears before Freestyle Conversation: "word on the street is your beats gonna be delicate since dre blah blah" and so on.

donfathaimmortal

another interesting thing that may be materializing, is the "Doggystyle Records Comp" that was advertised in Doggfathers cd booklet. Theres many songs throughout these sessions that would fit perfectly on something like that.

Doggy Style Record Compilation 6/6/96

The Truth about xmas bits
dr. khallid abdul muhammad
head doctor
from the film the warlocks
same
out the moon
on the edge
caught up in the middle w/ snoop fixes
quite obvious
dogg father
up jumps tha boogie
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

johnnie360

Thnx for the answers, cleared up hella questions. This thread re sparked my interest in Death Row.

Will_B

Doggfather Interlude

Whats My Name REMIX

Bugsy

Stone Cold Corleone

Been So Long

No Recognition

In The Rain + REMIX

Would You Kill 4 ME

Hot Line

I have a feeling a lot of the above are skits. Pretty sure "Doggfather Interlude" = the Doggfather album intro, "Whats My Name REMIX" = Daz's remix that was released on DR greatest hits, "Word on The street" = that skit that appears before Freestyle Conversation: "word on the street is your beats gonna be delicate since dre blah blah" and so on.

Would u kill 4 me is a skit with Daz talkin. Isn't that from his first album or maybe something that came through more recently. I forget

frisch213

• Muthafuckin' OG
wow, you must have been bored to complie all this info, what a waste of time

johnnie360

6-11-96 Street Fame - 2pac Added. So the April version must be the OG without 2pac. Very interesting.

Will_B

This would've been dope as fuck

DAT   
Tha Doggfather new 4/12/96   
Snoop Doggy Dogg   
Gangstas life,
Smoke enuff bud,
Dogg collar,
I will survive,
Eastside party,
Doggy land,
May I funk with you,
Change gone come,
Hit rocks,
Wake up,
Word on the street,
Too black,
Dogg father,
Too high,
Tommy boy,
Walk that walk

Did any of these other tracks ever leak? Also, anyone ever get hold of a decent quality version of G Your Looking For feat. LV?

Young Dan Iza

Did any of these other tracks ever leak? Also, anyone ever get hold of a decent quality version of G Your Looking For feat. LV?

yeah check out itunes.  LV released it a couple of years ago, its the best quality you can get!

yeah check out itunes.  LV released it a couple of years ago, its the best quality you can get!

That would be great if I used itunes but I don't. How about mediafire instead?  ;D

Free Suge Knight, Gucci Mane, & BShmurda Welcome Home Tray D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
In no particular order right now even tho I've already done it the album shouldve went like

CWalkin
Ride 4 Me
Up Jumps Tha Boogie- maybe as a Single bonus track
I Will Survive
Too Blacc
County Blues
Ride On (Caught Up)
Too High
Groupie
Vapors
Blueberry
You Thought
Sixx Minutes- with better mixing tho
Me And My Doggz
Eastside
Eastside Party
Intro
Outro
Word On The Streets (skit)
Gold Rush  - another Single bonus track
Head Doctor
Midnight Luv
Downtown Assassins
Snoop's Upside Ya Head - another Single bonus track
Wake Up
Traffic Jam

So so so much more could've become of that album its crazy how Suge or Snoop for that matter even let that fly.

I'm sure we're still missing out on songs that should've been on there instead.  The released version of this album will puzzle me for the rest of my life.

Free Suge Knight, Gucci Mane, & BShmurda Welcome Home Tray D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Now that I think about it I guess Snoop had no choice but to get out of his contract so he released a less potent album with a lot less bass

Becuz even if he was trying to brighten up his image he still had better material to do it with