Author Topic: Game Says Dr. Dre Will "Never" Release "Detox"  (Read 2636 times)

KrazySumwhat

Re: Game Says Dr. Dre Will "Never" Release "Detox"
« Reply #90 on: January 23, 2013, 02:41:02 AM »
 Holy shit i aint listened to that Kendrick for some time i actually kinda forgot about it. ended up disappearing in the pile.
 I got bored of it after not even 10 listens BUT after i move house i will unpack and give it another listen.

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #91 on: January 23, 2013, 04:46:21 AM »
Holy shit i aint listened to that Kendrick for some time i actually kinda forgot about it. ended up disappearing in the pile.
 I got bored of it after not even 10 listens BUT after i move house i will unpack and give it another listen.
If you're referring to the good kid mad world album, that albums is good.  And back to the main topic about dre will never release detox.  I coulda told the game that.  I could care less about it now. 

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #92 on: January 23, 2013, 06:57:30 PM »
Dre has not been working on DETOX for 10 years. I get irritaded when people make that claim. He only announced the project 10-some years ago. In actuallality he's p-robably worked solidly on the album for about a year or two collectively.

And it's not really about Dre being 100% happy with the music before releasing it. His real concern is timing. Timing based on the excitement and anticipation of the fans- which is ultimately determined by his new "protoge." Dre will release "Detox" when he has a new protoge that the world is excited about, and whome will help keep and continue his legacy as the greatest Hip Hop producer in the industry.

Dre had a great plan for releasing his final album. Bishop Lamont was his plan. Bishop was not just a new artist on Aftermath that Dre would bring out. He was Dre's new protoge, and musical 'partner in crime.' Plus, Bishop w2as from the west coast with his own unique image that was fresh at the time. Bishop wasn't going to be Dre's new Game, or 50 Cent, or Stat Quo...etc. Bishop was going to be his new and final Snoop, and/or Eminem. Bishop was going to be Robin to Dre's Batman, so-to-speak.

When Dre released "The Chronic," he introduced the world to Snoop Dogg- his first main protoge... and released DOGGYSTYLE in conjunction with his debut. When Dre released "Chronic 2001," Eminem was his new main protoge, and followed his album up with THE MARSHALL MATHERS LP. Dre was going to release his 3rd and final album DETOX either before Bishop Lamont's THE REFORMATION (like the pattern Dre did with Snoop), or after THE REFORMATION (like 2001 coming after THE SLIM SHADY LP) in which case THE IMPOSSIBLE POSSIBLE would be Bishop's classic to usher him as the leading Dre protoge and future star of Aftermath Entertainment. From Snoop to Em, Bishop would be the 3rd and final "main protoge" to lead the rest of Dre's team (50, Game, Stat...etc). Had everyone stuck with this plan, and had Jimmy Iovine/Interscope not interfeared, we would have had "Detox," "The Reformation," and maybe even "The Impossible Possible" by now. Not to mention STATLANTA and other planned projects.

There were even projects specifically lined up to get everyone ready for Bishop's introduction and Dre's big return. "The Blue Carpet Treatment" was going to be Snoop's reunion with Dre leading up to "Detox"... much like "No Limit: Top Dogg" and "Tha Last Meal" surrounding "Chronic 2001." "Relapse" was going to be Eminem's return to his 1999-2000 style of good ol' Slim Shady- leading up to Dre/Bishop being announced as Aftermath's new dynamic duo. Bishop Lamont was actually going to be featured on "Relapse" on a song much like "Bad Meets Evil." "I Need A Doctor" was also meant for "Relapse"- leading up to Dre's return. Bishop was also going to be all over DETOX the same way Snoop was on THE CHRONIC. DETOX was also going to have an epic-sounding track like "What's The Difference" from CHRONIC 2001 with Dre featuring Snoop Dogg, Eminem, and Bishop Lamont.

Anyways, it all fell apart when Jimmy Iovine pulled Bishop's "Grow Up" from the radio just when the song was quickly picking up steam, followed by Bishop's decision to leave Aftermath. DEre was now in a dilema because he needed a new hot protoge to release around "Detox."

It's possible now, however, that Dre might have found a new "Robin" to his "Batman" with Kendrick Lamar. The buzz around Kendrick is growing, and the feedback from "Good Kid, M.a.A.d City" is great. Dre seems to have rushed him out there out of despiration to get that new "main" protoge to the public, but it is a good sign that Dre has not abandoned "Detox" all together. If excitement continues to grow with Kendrick Lamar, then we may yet get "Detox" sooner than we think. [FINGERS CROSSED]

In the meantime, there's still complete songs that were meant for DETOX we can listen to:

Get You Some
Boss's Life
IMAGINE
OH (Obie Trice's song)
About Me
HIGHER
Outta Control Remix
Get Low
30 Something
Lost Ones
No Stoppin' Carson

There are other songs for other artists that were originally meant for Detox, but I can't remember them all right now.

Blasphemy (A)

« Reply #93 on: January 23, 2013, 08:10:03 PM »
Dre has not been working on DETOX for 10 years. I get irritaded when people make that claim. He only announced the project 10-some years ago. In actuallality he's p-robably worked solidly on the album for about a year or two collectively.

And it's not really about Dre being 100% happy with the music before releasing it. His real concern is timing. Timing based on the excitement and anticipation of the fans- which is ultimately determined by his new "protoge." Dre will release "Detox" when he has a new protoge that the world is excited about, and whome will help keep and continue his legacy as the greatest Hip Hop producer in the industry.

Dre had a great plan for releasing his final album. Bishop Lamont was his plan. Bishop was not just a new artist on Aftermath that Dre would bring out. He was Dre's new protoge, and musical 'partner in crime.' Plus, Bishop w2as from the west coast with his own unique image that was fresh at the time. Bishop wasn't going to be Dre's new Game, or 50 Cent, or Stat Quo...etc. Bishop was going to be his new and final Snoop, and/or Eminem. Bishop was going to be Robin to Dre's Batman, so-to-speak.

When Dre released "The Chronic," he introduced the world to Snoop Dogg- his first main protoge... and released DOGGYSTYLE in conjunction with his debut. When Dre released "Chronic 2001," Eminem was his new main protoge, and followed his album up with THE MARSHALL MATHERS LP. Dre was going to release his 3rd and final album DETOX either before Bishop Lamont's THE REFORMATION (like the pattern Dre did with Snoop), or after THE REFORMATION (like 2001 coming after THE SLIM SHADY LP) in which case THE IMPOSSIBLE POSSIBLE would be Bishop's classic to usher him as the leading Dre protoge and future star of Aftermath Entertainment. From Snoop to Em, Bishop would be the 3rd and final "main protoge" to lead the rest of Dre's team (50, Game, Stat...etc). Had everyone stuck with this plan, and had Jimmy Iovine/Interscope not interfeared, we would have had "Detox," "The Reformation," and maybe even "The Impossible Possible" by now. Not to mention STATLANTA and other planned projects.

There were even projects specifically lined up to get everyone ready for Bishop's introduction and Dre's big return. "The Blue Carpet Treatment" was going to be Snoop's reunion with Dre leading up to "Detox"... much like "No Limit: Top Dogg" and "Tha Last Meal" surrounding "Chronic 2001." "Relapse" was going to be Eminem's return to his 1999-2000 style of good ol' Slim Shady- leading up to Dre/Bishop being announced as Aftermath's new dynamic duo. Bishop Lamont was actually going to be featured on "Relapse" on a song much like "Bad Meets Evil." "I Need A Doctor" was also meant for "Relapse"- leading up to Dre's return. Bishop was also going to be all over DETOX the same way Snoop was on THE CHRONIC. DETOX was also going to have an epic-sounding track like "What's The Difference" from CHRONIC 2001 with Dre featuring Snoop Dogg, Eminem, and Bishop Lamont.

Anyways, it all fell apart when Jimmy Iovine pulled Bishop's "Grow Up" from the radio just when the song was quickly picking up steam, followed by Bishop's decision to leave Aftermath. DEre was now in a dilema because he needed a new hot protoge to release around "Detox."

It's possible now, however, that Dre might have found a new "Robin" to his "Batman" with Kendrick Lamar. The buzz around Kendrick is growing, and the feedback from "Good Kid, M.a.A.d City" is great. Dre seems to have rushed him out there out of despiration to get that new "main" protoge to the public, but it is a good sign that Dre has not abandoned "Detox" all together. If excitement continues to grow with Kendrick Lamar, then we may yet get "Detox" sooner than we think. [FINGERS CROSSED]

In the meantime, there's still complete songs that were meant for DETOX we can listen to:

Get You Some
Boss's Life
IMAGINE
OH (Obie Trice's song)
About Me
HIGHER
Outta Control Remix
Get Low
30 Something
Lost Ones
No Stoppin' Carson

There are other songs for other artists that were originally meant for Detox, but I can't remember them all right now.
This.... This post is probably the gayest thing I've ever read in all my years posting on the site, and I've read threads that included weird feelings over Crooked I, A Meth head getting head from a guy to empress a E-Girlfriend, Euro's asking for Pictures of Tupac in a bathtub, but some how in some way this takes the cake.

The Wiggertry in this post is also amazing.

Will_B

« Reply #94 on: January 24, 2013, 12:50:40 AM »
Wasn't that guy Bishop Lamont the one who sounded a bit like fiddy?

He got dropped like a hot potato lol

Morphine

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #95 on: January 24, 2013, 04:40:27 AM »
That's what i thought so too.

yall thought wrong, mixing is a whole lot more than that..

i´m curious, what´s mixing in your opinion ?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #96 on: January 24, 2013, 07:37:54 AM »
When was Dre-Day online the last time?
i don't check the forum as often as i used to, there's not much going on.

anyway i'm glad dre didn't release detox 2 years ago, the leaks and the singles weren't good enough

Okka

« Reply #97 on: January 24, 2013, 08:15:45 AM »
Blasphemy, that dude Rebel runs the Aftermath fan page/forum. 'Nuff said :laugh:

When was Dre-Day online the last time?
i don't check the forum as often as i used to, there's not much going on.

anyway i'm glad dre didn't release detox 2 years ago, the leaks and the singles weren't good enough

Glad to see you stil alive, homie.

Sccit

« Reply #98 on: January 24, 2013, 09:40:43 AM »
That's what i thought so too.

yall thought wrong, mixing is a whole lot more than that..

i´m curious, what´s mixing in your opinion ?

from experience, mixing the beat consists of bringing in certain instruments at certain points, deciding when the beat drops or when to fade out the drums, creating a build up to chorus etc...basically, structuring the beat to perfection, and then adding your own touches to complete it.

mixing vocals would be adding effects in ceratin areas, reverb where needed, punch-ins, ad-libs, all that stuff....it's a lot more than just "making sure the levels sound good", even though that is a part of it. mixing is one of the hardest aspects of making a song.. a good mix and a bad mix can be the difference between garbage and a classic.

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #99 on: January 24, 2013, 10:00:24 AM »
Blasphemy, that dude Rebel runs the Aftermath fan page/forum. 'Nuff said :laugh:

I think you have me confused with Dedicato. I don't run that forum. I did some interviews with some of the Aftermath artists a while back, as well as release exclusive tracks and inside info from the camp. I thought you new what I did, Okka?

Sccit

« Reply #100 on: January 24, 2013, 10:03:30 AM »

I think you have me confused with Dedicato. I don't run that forum. I did some interviews with some of the Aftermath artists a while back, as well as release exclusive tracks and inside info from the camp. I thought you new what I did, Okka?

lol...okka is hilarious as a moderator here. i've never seen a mod troll so much, clown other posters so much, spread so much misinfo, and then delete/lock topics he sees fit on impulse. no way he woulda been selected as a mod if he was american.

Okka

« Reply #101 on: January 24, 2013, 04:29:09 PM »
What misinfo have i been spreadin? What topics have i locked and deleted? Please, tell me.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 04:32:02 PM by Okka »

Sccit

« Reply #102 on: January 24, 2013, 05:08:22 PM »
What misinfo have i been spreadin? What topics have i locked and deleted? Please, tell me.

Just recently, you locked that other thread and spread misinfo in the other one.

Okka

« Reply #103 on: January 24, 2013, 05:13:31 PM »
Oh, you talkin' about that one? I thought you were talkin' about the other one.

Blasphemy (A)

« Reply #104 on: January 24, 2013, 05:35:46 PM »

lol...okka is hilarious as a moderator here. i've never seen a mod troll so much, clown other posters so much, spread so much misinfo, and then delete/lock topics he sees fit on impulse. no way he woulda been selected as a mod if he was american.

Okka is the Euro u ove 2 hate