Author Topic: Phil Jackson a lock to manage Seattle bound Kings  (Read 1738 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Phil Jackson a lock to manage Seattle bound Kings
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2013, 09:25:59 PM »
He's an animal.

Remedy360

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2013, 10:30:25 PM »
Head case yeah, but 5's with that kind of talent/upside are pretty much impossible to come by with the way the NBA is today. Way too early to give up on him.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2013, 11:00:58 PM »
Head case yeah, but 5's with that kind of talent/upside are pretty much impossible to come by with the way the NBA is today. Way too early to give up on him.

the kings/sonics shouldnt give up on him, but as a fan of the nba ive seen that type of player come and go out of the league pretty quick
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Sccit

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2013, 12:22:27 PM »

the kings/sonics shouldnt give up on him, but as a fan of the nba ive seen that type of player come and go out of the league pretty quick

and we've also seen em become great players.. rasheed, artest, rodman, etc. he doesnt come off as a cat who's gunna fizzle out. talent will win out in this case.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2013, 12:54:52 PM »

and we've also seen em become great players.. rasheed, artest, rodman, etc. he doesnt come off as a cat who's gunna fizzle out. talent will win out in this case.

i could see that happening.

i would argue that the sheed artest rodman type is the minority (no kkk) in this situation

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2013, 12:41:55 AM »
I dono if it's a lock, it is a name that's been floated around and  I know that PJ has always liked the Pacific Northwest, but we'll see.

would be great for the organization

good players would help too, though

lol

that they already have. honestly, sac has one of the best young cores in the league...i'd be thrilled right about now if i was a sonics fan.

Yep. Having ownership that's willing to spend money in a more desirable market will also be huge. As far as Jackson goes, it sounds good from a name recognition standpoint , but do you think  being a great coach will translate into what it takes to be a good GM?

phil jackson is just a great basketball mind, all around...or just a great mind. i wouldn't doubt him when it comes to basketball.. or anything, for that matter.
Sounds good and all but not all great coaches are great front office personnel people. 

Sccit

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2013, 12:30:08 PM »
I dono if it's a lock, it is a name that's been floated around and  I know that PJ has always liked the Pacific Northwest, but we'll see.

would be great for the organization

good players would help too, though

lol

that they already have. honestly, sac has one of the best young cores in the league...i'd be thrilled right about now if i was a sonics fan.

Yep. Having ownership that's willing to spend money in a more desirable market will also be huge. As far as Jackson goes, it sounds good from a name recognition standpoint , but do you think  being a great coach will translate into what it takes to be a good GM?

phil jackson is just a great basketball mind, all around...or just a great mind. i wouldn't doubt him when it comes to basketball.. or anything, for that matter.
Sounds good and all but not all great coaches are great front office personnel people. 

i trust phil

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2013, 12:33:42 AM »
kings have some good young talent.

isaiah thomas, demarcus cousins, marcus thornton, tyreke (needs to be in a spot where he doesnt have to jump shoot for a living) we'll see what t rob turns into, etc etc

i could honestly see a lot of these players developing but i could see it going south too.

Remedy360

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2013, 10:56:52 AM »
kings have some good young talent.

isaiah thomas, demarcus cousins, marcus thornton, tyreke (needs to be in a spot where he doesnt have to jump shoot for a living) we'll see what t rob turns into, etc etc

i could honestly see a lot of these players developing but i could see it going south too.

Yeah, the perception around here among a bunch of the casual sports fans is that if they come here they're a depleted/hopeless franchise that's set to just tank for the next few years, but I don't see it like that at all. There's definitely some nice pieces that  you can at least get some trade value out of. Who knows what'll happen but that core definitely has some potential at the very least.

Sccit

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2013, 11:55:53 AM »
Kings are the most mismanaged team in the league....by far. they have talent to be a playoff contender, but they play like they're on the And-1 tour.

Remedy360

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2013, 06:10:16 PM »
Kings are the most mismanaged team in the league....by far. they have talent to be a playoff contender, but they play like they're on the And-1 tour.

Haven't really watched much of them since the rumors popped up but I'd have to say they do look pretty mismanaged from what I see. Also need to find someone that can control Cousins (if he's going to let that happen). Yesterday's game seemed to describe him in a nutshell: Put up great first half stats, running the floor, posting up, hitting jumpers, etc, then gets his second T right after the first half ends and has to leave.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2013, 08:10:02 AM »

Haven't really watched much of them since the rumors popped up but I'd have to say they do look pretty mismanaged from what I see. Also need to find someone that can control Cousins (if he's going to let that happen). Yesterday's game seemed to describe him in a nutshell: Put up great first half stats, running the floor, posting up, hitting jumpers, etc, then gets his second T right after the first half ends and has to leave.

i live in their tv market and what nik said is pretty on point.  i catch kings games now and then, and they def. underplay from what their actual talent level is.

Sccit

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2013, 12:54:59 PM »
It's all ISO ball.. Keith Smart needs to be fired ASAP

Remedy360

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2013, 04:06:20 PM »
^ You think that has to do with Tyreke's decline? Dude looked like he was going to be a force after his first season..

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2013, 04:23:39 PM »
^ You think that has to do with Tyreke's decline? Dude looked like he was going to be a force after his first season..

as i recall, hes playing as an off guard whos expected to shoot more, instead playing point. 

and his jumpshot isnt his strong point.