Author Topic: The New West!!!!!!!  (Read 847 times)

Morphine

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: The New West!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2013, 03:19:45 PM »
which new west do you mean playa?  there have been at least three generations of rappers saying they´re the new west .

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2013, 03:41:02 PM »
well i like [in no particular order per say]:

Game (still havent heard "Jesus Piece" in its entirety yet but "RED" shoulda been retwirked with those Hangover tapes)
Kendrick Lamar (i hope his next album is a little more solid but GKMC was kool)
"Good Kid In A M.a.a.D City"
01. Sherane
02. Backseat Freestyle
03. The Art Of Peer Pressure
04. Money Trees
05. Poetic Justice
06. M.a.a.D City (Part 2)
07. Swimming Pools
08. Sing About Me
09. I'm Dying Of Thirst
10. The Recipe
11. Cartoons & Cereal
12. Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe
Digi-Phonix (Kendrick's team)
Tha Bizness (the track record)
Glasses Malone (whenever he catches an ear for something)
Nipsey Hussle (hopefully he'll stop slackin.  but im kinda movin on 4 that reason #stillafan)
Dom Kennedy (and his instrumentals)
Mac Lucci (i've only heard a little bit tho and some of it was cool)
Problem (tho he can get generic sometimes.  i guess thats becuz he's a writer)
Veggies (some of it is okay)
OddFuture (some of their shit is cool)
Lil B (becuz.  u got a fuckin problem?)
Tha Invasion
IAmSu!
Menace
YG (depends on tha song and the beat becuz I Got A Bitch In Every City and they only listen to good chit)
Jay Rock
ScHoolBoY Q
Ab-Soul (some of his chit is ok)
Pac Division (they have some kool shit here and there)
DJ Khalil (he's been pretty awol tho)
Blu (& Exile) (some of that shit is coo)

i fuck wit "Rack City" (its a classic foreal) and i thought that the radio played him when they didnt leave him on "The Motto" (another classic) but im not a fan of Tyga.  I dont teally consider him New but dude's been awol so long that i could care less about Bishop.  I dont really care for Crook like i used to, i prefer the old Crook by far anyway (beats and everything).  Tha Hustle Boyz stay rappin over other people's beats so its hard to judge them, but i dont see them being anymore than Tha Pound's weed carriers so hey...  I never really cared to wanna hear Slim Tha Mobster, Sly, and Kobe either.

V-Nasty can kill herself and Kreayshawn should stop rapping and just learn to take this dick.  Sarah Mirabelli should just learn to keep my dick in her mouth and her ass on my face.  Droop-E is 40's son and i dont care for sibling/offspring rappers outside of a few.  Same goes for Doughboy and OMG even tho one of them is actually decent.  Bad Lucc is cool but he never had a presence to me, there was never enough of a reason to wanna go and check him out when i was never really familiar with him even tho he can flow [same reason with quite a few Artists]

And if it looks like I forgot some people then I dont consider them New (like rappers premiering in 2005 with the exception of Game just becuz of the situation with the West and how he held/holds it down.  I know for a fact that there's Producers i need to name but becuz there's quite a few beats/instrumentals I liked/love/in love with I cant name everybody.  Whether it's California sounding or using the Universal 808 Soundpacks as long as it was good/decent it was cool with me.  The West isnt on life support now, it just doesnt know itself.  
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 03:46:49 PM by Hollywood Bilderberg Group™ »

ICHI THE KILLER

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2013, 05:17:49 PM »
That's what I was talking about. U have to be really news resistant to not know about Problem or YG cuz they everywhere. And like I said YG is prime example what's wrong with the west and secondly people on this forum do not talk about those kind of rappers cuz its not DPG related and if I follow news from here I would never heard about many dope underground artist.

I can understand why you don't like YG, I used to feel the same way and quite frankly, he's not really my style. It's for a younger generation but this is what's poppin right now and it kinda grew on me. The way I see it is I'd rather listen to someone from the west make party songs than someone from the east or south. He still rap about LA shit but with party swag. All that gangbangin 101 shit u guys love is not this generation. And your not a gangster so quit being obsessed with it lol. So like I said itchi, what part of Europe u from?

i couldnt care less whats is in the clubs and never did. im going to club to enjoy myself and get shitfaced anf not to check whats it hot in rap. and to be honest i prefer HOUSE CHILLOUT music in club than rap.
and rap playing in clubsc its generated by popularity not by set of skills and that NEW WEST is just jacking south and doing this really weak way. funniest part is they just one hit wonders and no one will know them in 3-4 years cus those who now claiming to be fans will be fans somebody else in next year.
and lol and gangbangin  - u just like typical dubcc poster who can only see Dre, DPG or zapp g-funk as westcoast and treating this board as some kind of ultimatum forum for westcoast rap.

u sound like those lazy people who dont even bother to some reserach for something new and fresh and just waiting to get served everything on plate (going to clubs to check whats hot) and i would rather listen some1 whos makin good music from any coast than trying to sell his ass for few bucks like a whore and make whats is trendy and sounds wack. i dont know how u but i listen music for entertainment and entertainment only not because its from the coast and being from US or Europe or Asia wouldnt make any difference beside that I will have easier access to music :P and i challenge u to show any post where im claiming that gangsta rap is superior than other sub-genres :P and im obsessed with it

RAs far as soundiing like the South, The south has always been piggy backing of the west coast sound. Listen to old school scarface and getto boys records. When I hear Old school Master P records, I hear west coast influence beats. I know he reps Richmond Cali and Also N.O but if you catergorize him, hes a rapper from the south right? Listen To some Old UGK records, Tell me they dont have Westcoast Influence.
The South Basically Tweaked Westcoast Beats and started fucking heavy with 808 drums when Rodney O & Joe Cooley started that shit.

Rap has evolved where a region dosent have signature sound anymore. If you play new artist like french montana from the East, YG from the West, and 2 Chains from the south, They have the same sound right? I fuck With YG because hes from the west and thats it..

u just answered urself why now everything sounds the same  ::) ::) so when other coast where doing g-funk thAt was ok but when suddenly everyone sounds south u call that evolving hahaha they just doing what other did in past nothing else trying to sell records
and other words u prefer to listen wack shit from the coast than something really good but from midwest for example  - so whats the difference between u and those who stuck in past? cuz i dont see any :D

MistaNova

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2013, 09:42:19 PM »
What exactly is the new west?
At one point acts like Lil Bam, Sly Boogy and Young Maylay were the new west, are they still the new west now?
After them came acts like The Game, Lil Eazy-E, Bishop Lamont, Ca$his, 40 Glocc, Ya Boy, Tyga and Spider Loc, are they the still the new west?
After them came Pac Div, Dubb, Nipsey Hussle, Jay Rock, K. Dot etc... People still say these guys are the New West even though they've already been around for years.
And even after them come guys like Mann, Dom Kennedy, H.O.P.E., YG, Problem, Casey Veggies and Kid Ink.

Now I'm not a hip hop historian (if there is such a thing) and I don't know (and don't really care to know) when exactly every rapper came onto the scene, but I do know that it's been a while since some of the guys generally coined as the new west have come onto the scene. At what point do they get the boot and get kicked out of the club like Crooked I?

And how come people still think "the west," new or otherwise, is the same as Los Angeles?
When Macklemore started blowing up I heard absolutely no one say he was from the west even though he's from Seattle. I also rarely ever see Chuuwee being referred to as a "New West" artist even though he's from Sacramento. I don't even hear rappers from Oakland being referred to as New West outside of maybe Ya Boy & Lil B.

And at the same time isn't the Jerk Movement part of the "New West?"
After all New Boyz, Young Sam, Wes Nyle and Cali Swag District are all from California.

Spoonie Luv

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2013, 01:11:07 AM »
What exactly is the new west?
At one point acts like Lil Bam, Sly Boogy and Young Maylay were the new west, are they still the new west now?
After them came acts like The Game, Lil Eazy-E, Bishop Lamont, Ca$his, 40 Glocc, Ya Boy, Tyga and Spider Loc, are they the still the new west?
After them came Pac Div, Dubb, Nipsey Hussle, Jay Rock, K. Dot etc... People still say these guys are the New West even though they've already been around for years.
And even after them come guys like Mann, Dom Kennedy, H.O.P.E., YG, Problem, Casey Veggies and Kid Ink.

Now I'm not a hip hop historian (if there is such a thing) and I don't know (and don't really care to know) when exactly every rapper came onto the scene, but I do know that it's been a while since some of the guys generally coined as the new west have come onto the scene. At what point do they get the boot and get kicked out of the club like Crooked I?

And how come people still think "the west," new or otherwise, is the same as Los Angeles?
When Macklemore started blowing up I heard absolutely no one say he was from the west even though he's from Seattle. I also rarely ever see Chuuwee being referred to as a "New West" artist even though he's from Sacramento. I don't even hear rappers from Oakland being referred to as New West outside of maybe Ya Boy & Lil B.

And at the same time isn't the Jerk Movement part of the "New West?"
After all New Boyz, Young Sam, Wes Nyle and Cali Swag District are all from California.

I would consider the new west as new Mc's in the last 5-6 years. Crooked I has been in since 96'  he's old school now with no solo record. That's on him. The game has been making mixtapes since 03' that's 10 years in the game so he's a vet now. Remember how we looked at DPG in 02' as vets in the game?

I think Hollywood covered just about all the new west Mc's I could think of.
I used to think dubcnn didn't cover a lot of these new cats cuz I don't see them mentioned or a heads up on dubcc but if you go to the main site and if you go to the mixtapes section, all the new artist mixtapes are there.
I remember Nik mentioning something about checking out the main page and who really cares about the news section on these new rappers. I forgot but yea.

@ Hollywood , your one of the few members on here that keeps an ear out for new talent, props on that homie, maybe you can school me to some new shit that I ain't up on yet.  8)
Spoonie Luv From Up Above

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2013, 11:31:22 AM »
L.A.M.B is the new west

and dubcnn can give a fuck less about the new west, thats why u rarely see shit from them promoting new artists (unless that artist is somehow tied to nima)

Okka

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2013, 12:02:06 PM »
When do you become "Old West"? How many years do you have to be in the rap game to be considered "Old West"?

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2013, 01:01:37 PM »
L.A.M.B is the new west

and dubcnn can give a fuck less about the new west, thats why u rarely see shit from them promoting new artists (unless that artist is somehow tied to nima)

then make more threads about ppl other than ur homies

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2013, 01:02:04 PM »
When do you become "Old West"? How many years do you have to be in the rap game to be considered "Old West"?

about 6-7 years is the cycle, in some cases fewer than that

Sccit

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2013, 02:07:49 PM »
L.A.M.B is the new west

then make more threads about ppl other than ur homies

huh? i always make threads about acts other than the homies...no one ever replies, tho:

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=294788.0

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=294816.0

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=294677.0

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=294417.0

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=294361.0

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2013, 03:02:23 PM »
flood up the first page with "legit" topics about legit artists and see what happens dummy.  u talk alot so keep the conversation going.  And dont be surprised when u make a thread about a nobody "pita bread" loco emcee or hardcore horrorcore rappers and nobody responds.  

#wordoftheday

Sccit

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2013, 05:40:50 PM »
flood up the first page with "legit" topics about legit artists and see what happens dummy.  u talk alot so keep the conversation going.  And dont be surprised when u make a thread about a nobody "pita bread" loco emcee or hardcore horrorcore rappers and nobody responds.  

#wordoftheday

lol@them being no-names. smh

Native American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 2o11
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2013, 07:48:27 PM »
Its not that theyr wack but maybe lack of promoting, but honestly you gotta want too listen to all 5million new west rappers. Id actually wish they would stop calling it the new west, cause it gives the youngins an excuse to why theyr not on the radio or on the home page of a poplular forum. Also who says whos old and whos new, because i believe we have a grey area, no disrespect but i just dont have the time or patience to listen to 100 more new artist every month. For every artist you have 2 producers so that just adds to the clutter.  8)

I still dont have all the kendrick lamar material before section 80, lol not to mention the individuals  of black hippy.
EVERY LAST ONE OF ''Y-O-U'' BELIEVE THAT DR. DRE HAS MADE THESE SONG's FOR ''Y-O-U''.
THE REALITY IS THAT THE SONG's ARE ''ABOUT Y-O-U'' !!!!!!

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2013, 02:43:28 PM »

#wordoftheday

bruh, i havent heard any of those songs or those rappers for that matter (besides the obvious) but homie, u can do better than that.  Seriously

ICHI THE KILLER

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2013, 03:55:55 PM »

#wordoftheday

bruh, i havent heard any of those songs or those rappers for that matter (besides the obvious) but homie, u can do better than that.  Seriously

if u dont know who AP9 is or Killa Tay than u know shit about rap