Author Topic: kendrick (kobe) & jayz (jordan)....dubcnn image.  (Read 674 times)

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: kendrick (kobe) & jayz (jordan)....dubcnn image.
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2013, 11:21:55 PM »
Every single song on Reasonable Doubt for starters. Dead Presidents is better than your favorite rappers best song.

He has some shitty songs along the way, but everyone does. If Jay-Z died five years ago, it would be a joke of how dramatically different he would be talked about. It's just you nostalgic ass niggas can't stand his current place in the game. You being the most nostalgic of them all. Makes sense though, you still act like a 14 year old so you still like the shit from when you were 14. Son is low key Peter Pan.

I wouldnt talk about him any differently now than i did back in the 90s.  Jay Z is maad overrated, he was back in the day as well.  But he didnt get the mainstream props he does now way back then, and since rap took a turn away from lyricism in the mainstream, jay looks like a g.o.a.t. nowadays.  I just beleive his value is way overinflated now, hes really one of the last 90s higher tier rappers still releasing music on a major label, which i think has more to do with him as a businessman than as a rapper.
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Sccit

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2013, 01:19:29 AM »
he comes Cham with his jigga stanning again

reasonable doubt is a 4 mic album that Jay stans want to pretend is a 5 mic album

"calling my crib and I ain't even give you my numbers, all i did was give you a style for you to run with"

even if "reasonable doubt" is a classic, doesn't mean jay can't be overrated.

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2013, 03:58:55 PM »
Got to agree with Cham. Not sure how any pure hip hop fan can hate on Jay. Forget the accolades, forget the fame. He just spits his ass off and can relate to any fan of hip hop, no matter the preference, from your average Joe to your millionaire baller.

Dude is ugly, dude is dull in interviews, dude looks like an average cat, and he still crossed over like few have. Doesn't happen without unique and undeniable skill.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2013, 04:19:41 PM »
I understand the hate. I just think it's a childish way to go about it. The hate doesn't come from his skill, it comes from how the media plays him out. It's kind of like Kanye in a sense. He catches so much heat for how he talks about himself, how he self proclaims himself the greatest & due to the over saturation & the braggadocios way about him, he catches the disrespect despite all four of his Hip Hop albums being awesome.

Also for Jay's case, people who are fans of Pac & Big & Cube & shit don't like that Jay-Z "sold out" his "true MC" sound about ten years ago & ran with it.

But between everything he's done since '96, including pieces of his recent stuff, you can only REALLY hate on him because you're a huge fan of purely lyrical spitters & hate his mainstream ways of today.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2013, 04:22:09 PM »
jay rapped his ass off in the 90s

but dude just jocked whoever was popular at the time

from jaz o to big daddy kane, then on to biggie and puffy, then to irv and ja rule, then working w/ southern cats on top like juvenile and UGK, then r kelly and kanye west

his recent stuff sucks ass

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2013, 07:25:15 PM »
yea...jay-z is like an east coast game with better business sense.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2013, 07:37:45 PM »
I can dig kdot to a kobe but never a jayz to Jordan. I just never bought into the jayz thing.
Im well over 25yrs and yes I was bias when I was young but to this day, open minded and all... I cant seem to phatom any belief in this guys product. Heres a thought, okay help me figure this out. Jayz did alot of albums and had even more singles. How many video singles did he have solo ? All I ever remember is him collabin' with countless other high profile artist (at there time). So the features out way his solo joints, right ? (I thought he was the goat mc)
Well lets gather those artist and pick which ones he fucks with, now !.....
Aniversary, reunions dont count, how many in house producers did he have, how many of them where apart of his singles ? I kno he has hits with producers outside new york...but who was his go to guy besides kanye ? What bothers me the most is that he never had to earn the spot, it was just givin to him... so it seems, right ? i dont hate the guy but he has 3 different verses and in each of them he mentions Em using Dr Dre to carry his sound, 3 different songs too, dont know them but you prolly do. Why is he obssesed with that sorta subliminal jab ?
I think hiphop dug a hole claiming him the goat mc and now has no choice to apoint that title to him, for the sake of marketing hiphop.
But if he is a Jordan then he got it by default.

Im not hating at all even though it may read like that, but if someone doesnt like or understand an artist i like, well i make it a point to show them the proper tracks to get them interested into the artists.
So please give me 12 bangers I should key into to see who jayz is, cause all i see is a guy that soaked up Biggies game and found Biggies lyric book (thats why jayz never rights his lyrics) lol just thought of that.

AGAIN NOT HATING! DISCUSS?

Your not the only one who can't figure out this Jay-Z thing.  

I've been trying to figure it out since 1996 and still can't figure it out.  I remember hearing him on his first single back in 96' "Ain't No Nigga".   Honestly I thought the dude was just a hype man for Foxy Brown or something, lol.   Then on his second album he came with yet another song, "Sunshine" which again featured Foxy Brown and used an old sample, and Babyface, and it was such a calculated attempt at a single.   I was hearing his songs here and there, and shit like that, but he was just another rapper in the 100's of different video's they would play on BET.  There was nothing memorable or nothing that stood out about it.

He had that track, "Who You Wit" and it was just a regular cut, kind of boring actually.  Anyway, my point was, that dude was just a regular rapper.  There was nothing extraordinary about him at all.   He was like a Mic Geronimo or something.  Cool enough dude, maybe consider buying his album, but really just another New York rapper you'd see a video of him time to time on BET.

Then.... all the sudden, after proving nothing at all, ever... people start saying he's the GOAT by the time his third album came around.  Never ever understood that shit.  I think he's just the product of great marketing.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 07:45:14 PM by Infinite African Westcoastin 2012 and 13' »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2013, 07:43:50 PM »
kingdome come and american gangster were overall wack as fuck.  same with all of watch the throne....the jungle beat was nice until it started getting used all over those car commercials and u realized it was just another boring beat that couldn't hold it's own with the test of time lmao.

now Dead Presidents, Bring It On, Lobster N Scrimp, Nigga What Nigga Who, Pre Game, Takeover, Wanted Dead or Alive, Get Throwed, Where I'm From....these are Jay Z at his absolute best.  that's the Jay i recognize as a legit elite emcee but almost all these songs are a dozen or more years ago.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2013, 07:48:23 PM »
kingdome come and american gangster were overall wack as fuck.  same with all of watch the throne....the jungle beat was nice until it started getting used all over those car commercials and u realized it was just another boring beat that couldn't hold it's own with the test of time lmao.

now Dead Presidents, Bring It On, Lobster N Scrimp, Nigga What Nigga Who, Pre Game, Takeover, Wanted Dead or Alive, Get Throwed, Where I'm From....these are Jay Z at his absolute best.  that's the Jay i recognize as a legit elite emcee but almost all these songs are a dozen or more years ago.

Come on man.. I know some of those songs.   Take a track like "Lobster N Scrimp", I mean, sure it's one of his better songs.  And if the tune was on the radio you would stop to listen.  But give me a fucking break man... It ain't like that shit is on the level of a "Today Was A Good Day" or "Murder Was The Case" or "Papparazi" or "Hail Mary" or "Stan" or "One Mic".   I mean, Jay-Z does not belong in any category with the all-time greats of hip-hop.  He doesn't have any tracks that can compare to their joints.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 07:50:02 PM by Infinite African Westcoastin 2012 and 13' »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2013, 07:51:58 PM »
kingdome come and american gangster were overall wack as fuck.  same with all of watch the throne....the jungle beat was nice until it started getting used all over those car commercials and u realized it was just another boring beat that couldn't hold it's own with the test of time lmao.

now Dead Presidents, Bring It On, Lobster N Scrimp, Nigga What Nigga Who, Pre Game, Takeover, Wanted Dead or Alive, Get Throwed, Where I'm From....these are Jay Z at his absolute best.  that's the Jay i recognize as a legit elite emcee but almost all these songs are a dozen or more years ago.

Come on man.. I know some of those songs.   Take a track like "Lobster N Scrimp", I mean, sure it's one of his better songs.  And if the tune was on the radio you would stop to listen.  But give me a fucking break man... It ain't like that shit is on the level of a "Today Was A Good Day" or "Murder Was The Case" or "Papparazi" or "Hail Mary" or "Stan" or "One Mic".   I mean, Jay-Z does not belong in any category with the all-time greats of hip-hop.  He doesn't have any tracks that can compare to their joints.
l

i didn't say he was a GOAT i just said elite lol

but Bring It On is my shit...premo killed that beat and Jay's verse was dope.  and Nigga what nigga who showcased jay's fast flow.

Sccit

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2013, 08:09:33 PM »
kingdome come and american gangster were overall wack as fuck.  same with all of watch the throne....the jungle beat was nice until it started getting used all over those car commercials and u realized it was just another boring beat that couldn't hold it's own with the test of time lmao.

now Dead Presidents, Bring It On, Lobster N Scrimp, Nigga What Nigga Who, Pre Game, Takeover, Wanted Dead or Alive, Get Throwed, Where I'm From....these are Jay Z at his absolute best.  that's the Jay i recognize as a legit elite emcee but almost all these songs are a dozen or more years ago.

i actually thought "kingdome come" was pretty solid, didnt feel "american gangster"..."watch the throne" was a gimmick album, overrated as fuck, but was solid for bein a commercial release. jay's best album was his first, and he pretty much got worse with each album after that (outside of "blueprint"). he's always been a gimmick rapper who made a livin off of others shit.. will never measure up to nas, biggie, pac, cube, rakim, or any of the true GOATs.