Author Topic: T.I. vs. TIP: The Unheralded Classic...5 Years Later  (Read 3930 times)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
T.I. vs. TIP: The Unheralded Classic...5 Years Later
« on: March 28, 2013, 03:02:48 PM »
yeah man this album is slept on as far as critical acclaim fuck what you heard !!!! this is an album where i listened to it from top to bottom when it first dropped without skippin' a track even today it sounds great.
this concept album had it all from the high quality production and concept to the sharp as ginsu intricate lyricism t.i. displayed throughout the record. one thing that also stood out to me was timbaland's then protege danja's 3 outstanding concoctions: ''hurt'', ''tell 'em i said that'', and ''respect this hustle'' some of my favorite joints off the album. all the skits were on point and even the features was dope i still remember coppin' and readin' a don diva mag right after king dropped and the writer spoke on t.i.'s recording process as he just started to work on t.i. vs. tip (t.i. pacing back and forth and goin' in the booth knockin' out songs no pen or pad effortlessly). imo everthing about this album was flawless....  8)
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: T.I. vs. TIP: The Unheralded Classic...5 Years Later
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 03:07:41 PM »
For the love of God, lock this thread or move it to Tha G-Spot.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 03:11:43 PM »
For the love of God, lock this thread or move it to Tha G-Spot.
you don't feel lke that about tupac threads. this is my thread if you don't like it stay the fuck out !!!!!
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 03:16:06 PM »
There's a difference though. This isn't considered a "good album" in the eyes of the majority, let alone a classic.

Deeming this a classics lowers the standards of the word "classic" to the point 90% of the albums ever released would have to be "classic".

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 03:22:45 PM »
There's a difference though. This isn't considered a "good album" in the eyes of the majority, let alone a classic.

Deeming this a classics lowers the standards of the word "classic" to the point 90% of the albums ever released would have to be "classic".
this is a great album and a classic. i really don't care what the next cat think that's how i feel about the record you think think em's first three records shit on most post 2000 releases that's your opinion i coulda went ham on you for that i didn't so respect mine.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 03:24:52 PM »
it's no Illmatic

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 03:27:32 PM »
All three of Eminems first albums are WIDELY considered as great, even classic in most circles. Find me someone who thinks those albums are "solid" and I'll find a thousand people who think this T.I. album is "solid at best".

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 03:32:33 PM »
All three of Eminems first albums are WIDELY considered as great, even classic in most circles. Find me someone who thinks those albums are "solid" and I'll find a thousand people who think this T.I. album is "solid at best".
i don't know a lot of people who considered eminem's sslp a classic including myself. half of it was off an old ep and a couple of tracks dre & co added to the mix to give it some punch.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 03:35:06 PM »
i don't know a lot of people who considered eminem's sslp a classic including myself. half of it was off an old ep and a couple of tracks dre & co added to the mix to give it some punch.

actually the only songs from SSEP were Just the 2 of us, Just don't give a fuck and if i had and the first 2 got remixed

SSLP is a classic and it's even in Crooked I's top 5 albums of all time

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 03:38:45 PM »

actually the only songs from SSEP were Just the 2 of us, Just don't give a fuck and if i had and the first 2 got remixed

crooked has no album of his own so his opinion holds no weight and if he wasn't signed to shady i doubt he would make that statement.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 03:39:52 PM »

crooked has no album of his own so his opinion holds no weight and if he wasn't signed to shady i doubt he would make that statement.

he made it before being signed to shady actually

but that doesn't change the fact SSLP has no bad songs on it and is a lyrical masterpiece.  no offense but TI just isn't that lyrical my friend.  look how he got outshined by everyone on the hard white remix.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2013, 03:41:23 PM »

All hail the almighty authority of Crooked I!
If it is in his top 5 then it must be a classic!

failias of the year

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2013, 03:45:10 PM »

but that doesn't change the fact SSLP has no bad songs on it and is a lyrical masterpiece.  no offense but TI just isn't that lyrical my friend.  look how he got outshined by everyone on the hard white remix.
t.i. is an incredible lyricist and he bodied that remix. if you consider sslp that it's your choice i can't knock that but t.i. got lyrics you can't tell me different.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2013, 03:52:45 PM »
A lot of people consider that though. You have guys like Rakim and Redman speaking out and claiming Em's greatness. T.I. has B.o.B. showing him the utmost respect because he gave him a shot.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2013, 03:54:24 PM »

t.i. is an incredible lyricist and he bodied that remix. if you consider sslp that it's your choice i can't knock that but t.i. got lyrics you can't tell me different.

everyone had a great verse on hard white remix but the ones that stood out to me the most were Crook, Buddens and Yela.  and Ortiz's flow was incredible too.

such a shame that Hard White remix didn't make the album