Author Topic: Ice Cube - Crowded  (Read 2162 times)

Sccit

Re: Ice Cube - Crowded
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2013, 11:05:21 AM »
I hope he realizes it's trash.
He's trying to be popular with kids again, but this will NEVER happen.
Dude is almost 44, and he should just try and please his old school fans with real west coast music.
Not that kind of sell-out garbage.
Ice Cube is a legend, but this is really pathetic.

money

Mietek23

« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2013, 12:28:54 PM »
Cube should just let E-A-Ski produce this whole album for him - it that will end up on "Everything's Corrupt", it will be even worst than trash like "Urbanian", who sounded like it was taken from old ass Atari video game, lol :D

B.A.

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2013, 12:33:28 PM »
Dude is almost 44, and he should just try and please his old school fans with real west coast music.

+1

For real, most people buying his albums are westcoast fans, we love his old classic shit, that westcoast shit. I don't see why it's so hard for him to put together something dope for his real fans that are still checking for him; it doesn't have to sound dated, it can sound fresh and still be westcoast. It's not like Cube gets love from the radio or MTV/BET anyway so these commercial, trend following tracks are pointless (they are not doing what they are supposed to do which is get him new fans, they just fuck up his albums for his real fans). If people want to hear south shit, commercial shit, they got plenty of artist doing that that they can choose from, they don't wanna hear Ice Cube doing a half-assed impersonation of that music. Look at WC, he's keeping if fresh and still pushin for the westcoast, I don't know what Cube's problem is.
"Lyrics aint nothin' if the beat aint crackin' and knees be smackin', that's why the G's keep stackin'" - DJ Quik

Sccit

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2013, 12:39:30 PM »

+1

For real, most people buying his albums are westcoast fans, we love his old classic shit, that westcoast shit. I don't see why it's so hard for him to put together something dope for his real fans that are still checking for him; it doesn't have to sound dated, it can sound fresh and still be westcoast. It's not like Cube gets love from the radio or MTV/BET anyway so these commercial, trend following tracks are pointless (they are not doing what they are supposed to do which is get him new fans, they just fuck up his albums for his real fans). If people want to hear south shit, commercial shit, they got plenty of artist doing that that they can choose from, they don't wanna hear Ice Cube doing a half-assed impersonation of that music. Look at WC, he's keeping if fresh and still pushin for the westcoast, I don't know what Cube's problem is.

foreal...why did he title his last album "I Am the West"??...shit was a huge let-down, based on what u expected with a title like that.

B.A.

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2013, 01:19:38 PM »
foreal...why did he title his last album "I Am the West"??...shit was a huge let-down, based on what u expected with a title like that.

Yeah, that was some misleading shit right there. "I Am The West" had some cool tracks, it had potential to be a good album but Cube put some bullshit tracks on there too and it killed the overall vibe of the album. If he tries to do a little bit of everything he's never going to have another classic album.
"Lyrics aint nothin' if the beat aint crackin' and knees be smackin', that's why the G's keep stackin'" - DJ Quik

Sccit

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2013, 01:31:07 PM »

Yeah, that was some misleading shit right there. "I Am The West" had some cool tracks, it had potential to be a good album but Cube put some bullshit tracks on there too and it killed the overall vibe of the album. If he tries to do a little bit of everything he's never going to have another classic album.

Too bad he never released that album on Aftermath

OldSkool

« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2013, 01:41:57 PM »
For DJs to spin @ sleazy clubs/strip bars.

Cube's obsession with cheap sounding southern beats continues, skip.

Agree ++

Lyrics are awful, beats are whack! Is this really the guy that brought us Amerikkkas Most Wanted, Death Certificate, Predator...

FAIL! He's been tarnishing his legacy in a major way in the last 5 years! Just go with bowl in hand back to Pooh, Budda, Jinx... or just stick to movies!

Mietek23

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2013, 01:47:01 PM »
It would be cool for Cube to reunite with QD3 again 8)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2013, 09:15:44 PM »

I honestly think Cube had good intentions with the last album, but after the "falling out" with Dre, he threw some rushed tracks on there. I know Cube mentioned Dre was supposed to do at least 3 beats on the album, but could never link back up with him to finish the tracks.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2013, 09:39:51 PM »

I honestly think Cube had good intentions with the last album, but after the "falling out" with Dre, he threw some rushed tracks on there. I know Cube mentioned Dre was supposed to do at least 3 beats on the album, but could never link back up with him to finish the tracks.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dre backed out after hearing some of the album.

sav-man

« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2013, 09:46:20 PM »

I agree w/ this. Here's my take on I Am The West:
"Life in California," "Too West Coast," "I Rep That West," "Drink the Kool-Aid," "No Country for Young Men," "Hood Robbin'," "Your Money or Your Life," and the i-tunes only songs ("Man Vs. Machine" and Pros vs. Joes") were all decent-to-dope (depending on your preferences song-wise). Fine songs. "Y'All Know Who I Am" was nothing spectacular, but it was fun, at least as posse cuts go. Not great, but not bad (I especially loved both WC and Maylay's contributions. They seem to always bring the heat).

As for the others..."Soul on Ice" had a dope beat, but wack lyrics, "Urbanian" had okay lyrics, but sucked b/c of that farting ice cream truck beat, and "She Couldn't Make It Her Own," "It Is What It Is,"  and "All Day Everyday" were just trend-hopping bullshit (what the hell was he trying to do on "It Is What It Is?"). "Nothing Like L.A." could have been dope if Cube had done more w/ the verses--as it stands, it sounds "unfinished," so I can't really rate it. As for "Fat Cat," the beat was lousy, but I actually kind of liked Cube's faster flow on the second verse--if he had done the whole song that way (w/ a longer first verse, and then added a third verse w/ a similar flow), it could have worked. And yeah, this new "Crowded" song just seems beneath him. I hope that the rest of the CD is better than that song.

doggfather

« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2013, 01:50:51 AM »

I agree w/ this. Here's my take on I Am The West:
"Life in California," "Too West Coast," "I Rep That West," "Drink the Kool-Aid," "No Country for Young Men," "Hood Robbin'," "Your Money or Your Life," and the i-tunes only songs ("Man Vs. Machine" and Pros vs. Joes") were all decent-to-dope (depending on your preferences song-wise). Fine songs. "Y'All Know Who I Am" was nothing spectacular, but it was fun, at least as posse cuts go. Not great, but not bad (I especially loved both WC and Maylay's contributions. They seem to always bring the heat).

yes i am the west's half was really good. it had to be a shorter album or an ep.

It would be cool for Cube to reunite with QD3 again 8)

right.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

chtimixeur

« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2013, 02:39:08 AM »
these commercial, trend following tracks are pointless (they are not doing what they are supposed to do which is get him new fans, they just fuck up his albums for his real fans). If people want to hear south shit, commercial shit, they got plenty of artist doing that that they can choose from, they don't wanna hear Ice Cube doing a half-assed impersonation of that music.
Spot on.
I wish Ice Cube read this, and did what needs to be done, which means getting rid of all the rend-hopping songs on his next LP.
LL Cool J was man enough to ditch a single that none of his fans liked. Ice Cube should do the same and get rid of Crowded.
Everytime he releases a record, he says it's gonna be gangsta, that he's having fun and that he has nothing to prove anymore.
Well, he's dead wrong : he needs to prove he's still relevant in the game !
And when I say relevant, I don't mean following trends. I mean releasing an album that's up there with his first 3 solo albums.
Prove us you still have a say in the rap game, Ice Cube !

"I Am The West" had some cool tracks, it had potential to be a good album but Cube put some bullshit tracks on there too and it killed the overall vibe of the album. If he tries to do a little bit of everything he's never going to have another classic album.
+1
I gave it a spin recently, and it's not as bad as I remembered.
Some very nice beats here and there.
Man vs Machine is DOPE, and I wish he had done a whole concept album around this theme.
The big issue IMHO is that a few songs lack verses. They are to short, and it sounds like Ice Cube doesn't have much to say.

PS : I'm really hoping his sons have nothing do to with the forecoming album. They are a terrible influence on him IMHO : Ice Cube doesn't need to impress them and show them he's still cool. He needs to impress US (his old school fans that are still buying his albums).
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 02:48:46 AM by chtimixeur »

Blood of Abraham

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2013, 02:56:32 AM »
these commercial, trend following tracks are pointless (they are not doing what they are supposed to do which is get him new fans, they just fuck up his albums for his real fans). If people want to hear south shit, commercial shit, they got plenty of artist doing that that they can choose from, they don't wanna hear Ice Cube doing a half-assed impersonation of that music.
Spot on.
I wish Ice Cube read this, and did what needs to be done, which means getting rid of all the rend-hopping songs on his next LP.
LL Cool J was man enough to ditch a single that none of his fans liked. Ice Cube should do the same and get rid of Crowded.
Everytime he releases a record, he says it's gonna be gangsta, that he's having fun and that he has nothing to prove anymore.
Well, he's dead wrong : he needs to prove he's still relevant in the game !
And when I say relevant, I don't mean following trends. I mean releasing an album that's up there with his first 3 solo albums.
Prove us you still have a say in the rap game, Ice Cube !

"I Am The West" had some cool tracks, it had potential to be a good album but Cube put some bullshit tracks on there too and it killed the overall vibe of the album. If he tries to do a little bit of everything he's never going to have another classic album.
+1
I gave it a spin recently, and it's not as bad as I remembered.
Some very nice beats here and there.
Man vs Machine is DOPE, and I wish he had done a whole concept album around this theme.
The big issue IMHO is that a few songs lack verses. They are to short, and it sounds like Ice Cube doesn't have much to say.

PS : I'm really hoping his sons have nothing do to with the forecoming album. They are a terrible influence on him IMHO : Ice Cube doesn't need to impress them and show them he's still cool. He needs to impress US (his old school fans that are still buying his albums).

Send him an email and tell him how you feel:

oshea.jackson@yahoo.com

MoneyMack

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Young Gotstra
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2013, 07:41:02 AM »
It's ok. Not the best, but still I'll bump the new Cube shit anyway.  8)
Sick Wid' It - Lench Mob - DPG - PYO - Mad Science FAN 4 LIFE!