Author Topic: Ice Cube - Crowded  (Read 2163 times)

Mietek23

Re: Ice Cube - Crowded
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2013, 09:34:37 AM »
foreal...why did he title his last album "I Am the West"??...shit was a huge let-down, based on what u expected with a title like that.

Yeah, that was some misleading shit right there. "I Am The West" had some cool tracks, it had potential to be a good album but Cube put some bullshit tracks on there too and it killed the overall vibe of the album. If he tries to do a little bit of everything he's never going to have another classic album.

I agree w/ this. Here's my take on I Am The West:
"Life in California," "Too West Coast," "I Rep That West," "Drink the Kool-Aid," "No Country for Young Men," "Hood Robbin'," "Your Money or Your Life," and the i-tunes only songs ("Man Vs. Machine" and Pros vs. Joes") were all decent-to-dope (depending on your preferences song-wise). Fine songs. "Y'All Know Who I Am" was nothing spectacular, but it was fun, at least as posse cuts go. Not great, but not bad (I especially loved both WC and Maylay's contributions. They seem to always bring the heat).

As for the others..."Soul on Ice" had a dope beat, but wack lyrics, "Urbanian" had okay lyrics, but sucked b/c of that farting ice cream truck beat, and "She Couldn't Make It Her Own," "It Is What It Is,"  and "All Day Everyday" were just trend-hopping bullshit (what the hell was he trying to do on "It Is What It Is?"). "Nothing Like L.A." could have been dope if Cube had done more w/ the verses--as it stands, it sounds "unfinished," so I can't really rate it. As for "Fat Cat," the beat was lousy, but I actually kind of liked Cube's faster flow on the second verse--if he had done the whole song that way (w/ a longer first verse, and then added a third verse w/ a similar flow), it could have worked. And yeah, this new "Crowded" song just seems beneath him. I hope that the rest of the CD is better than that song.

When your naming your album "I Am The West" and your putting tracks like "Urbanian" on it - you know, your fucked up. It had the potential, the formula sounded good, but it was rushed with half-ass tracks added to the tracklist, that sounded like weak ass leftover material. The best tracklist you can possibly make from it are these:

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2013, 10:30:09 AM »
Ice Cube is mobbin’ and throwing them bows on the latest single off his upcoming 10th LP, Everythang’s Corrupt. Better get out the way.

http://www.dubcnn.com/2013/04/01/ice-cube-drops-crowded-from-everythings-corrupt-lp/
:-X i told you it's going to be a mixed bag

The Predator

« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2013, 11:30:04 AM »
Best thing about this 'club' single, is the cover:

BabyBird

« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2013, 10:57:18 PM »
Best thing about this 'club' single, is the cover:

He's a 3rd generation ASSHOLE, nd there ain't no doubt about it.....

peepthe funk on "I rep the West"

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2013, 12:33:12 AM »
 :grumpy:

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2013, 12:36:20 AM »
Cube cube cube..WHAT THE FUCK ARE U THINKING ABOUT  HOMES..ijust put the mic.down and go deep into acting, if this is how u gonna be doing things...southern beats aint for everybody cuzz.

sav-man

« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2013, 12:54:44 AM »
foreal...why did he title his last album "I Am the West"??...shit was a huge let-down, based on what u expected with a title like that.

Yeah, that was some misleading shit right there. "I Am The West" had some cool tracks, it had potential to be a good album but Cube put some bullshit tracks on there too and it killed the overall vibe of the album. If he tries to do a little bit of everything he's never going to have another classic album.

I agree w/ this. Here's my take on I Am The West:
"Life in California," "Too West Coast," "I Rep That West," "Drink the Kool-Aid," "No Country for Young Men," "Hood Robbin'," "Your Money or Your Life," and the i-tunes only songs ("Man Vs. Machine" and Pros vs. Joes") were all decent-to-dope (depending on your preferences song-wise). Fine songs. "Y'All Know Who I Am" was nothing spectacular, but it was fun, at least as posse cuts go. Not great, but not bad (I especially loved both WC and Maylay's contributions. They seem to always bring the heat).

As for the others..."Soul on Ice" had a dope beat, but wack lyrics, "Urbanian" had okay lyrics, but sucked b/c of that farting ice cream truck beat, and "She Couldn't Make It Her Own," "It Is What It Is,"  and "All Day Everyday" were just trend-hopping bullshit (what the hell was he trying to do on "It Is What It Is?"). "Nothing Like L.A." could have been dope if Cube had done more w/ the verses--as it stands, it sounds "unfinished," so I can't really rate it. As for "Fat Cat," the beat was lousy, but I actually kind of liked Cube's faster flow on the second verse--if he had done the whole song that way (w/ a longer first verse, and then added a third verse w/ a similar flow), it could have worked. And yeah, this new "Crowded" song just seems beneath him. I hope that the rest of the CD is better than that song.

When your naming your album "I Am The West" and your putting tracks like "Urbanian" on it - you know, your fucked up. It had the potential, the formula sounded good, but it was rushed with half-ass tracks added to the tracklist, that sounded like weak ass leftover material. The best tracklist you can possibly make from it are these:

Yeah, that's a decent tracklist. Also, it should have been promoted more like the way you'd promote a mixtape or an EP, maybe w/ a reduced price (i.e., cheaper than what folks normally pay for CDs w/ 14-16 tracks). If he'd done that, then it might have a rep something like The Peace Disc, which most Cube fans that I know rate as being not a classic, or his "best" work, but still at least solid, or a good buy for fans.

Westdog

« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2013, 04:40:29 AM »
Track is ok, but not dopel
This my town, I run it, you walk it
You just now learnin’ the game, I taught it

D-TalkX

« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2013, 12:05:08 PM »
This track has really grown on me...I'm likin' it now. Bang's hard

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2013, 01:17:45 PM »
dope!
Wow!!!i love cube homie..but come on,this is not even close to being a cube record.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2013, 01:21:18 PM »
whats wrong wit yall ears, this is str8 gangsta, whole album should be dope n hardcore just like his debut
NIGGA GO TO BED..cause u sleepy as hell,talking crazy.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2013, 01:24:40 PM »
I hope he realizes it's trash.
He's trying to be popular with kids again, but this will NEVER happen.
Dude is almost 44, and he should just try and please his old school fans with real west coast music.
Not that kind of sell-out garbage.
Ice Cube is a legend, but this is really pathetic.

+1

For real, most people buying his albums are westcoast fans, we love his old classic shit, that westcoast shit. I don't see why it's so hard for him to put together something dope for his real fans that are still checking for him; it doesn't have to sound dated, it can sound fresh and still be westcoast. It's not like Cube gets love from the radio or MTV/BET anyway so these commercial, trend following tracks are pointless (they are not doing what they are supposed to do which is get him new fans, they just fuck up his albums for his real fans). If people want to hear south shit, commercial shit, they got plenty of artist doing that that they can choose from, they don't wanna hear Ice Cube doing a half-assed impersonation of that music. Look at WC, he's keeping if fresh and still pushin for the westcoast, I don't know what Cube's problem is.

True dat...plus the album cover was wack as hell...(ROCKING CHAIR,WITH A SHOT GUN????) :eh:

doggfather

« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2013, 04:33:28 AM »
i like that cover, that was better than raw footage.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

woods

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2013, 05:48:43 AM »
Really disappointed, was looking forward to a new Cube album, but this was a huge let down I think it is the worst Cube single ever.

tonyscarbones

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2013, 03:45:51 AM »
ice cube keeps releasing the same album over and over again on these clean bouncy beats but doesn't understand his gritty voice sounds best over those grimier sample based beats like the death certificate era stuff

get some of that to rhyme on

if his homies don't do it go on soundclick and the producers there will probably give him the tracks for free just cuz he's ice cube

then i'll look forward to it

otherwise this is just the same watered down crappy lyrics album over and over again like i am the west and laugh now cry later and all his other newer albums