Author Topic: Andrew Wiggins...next NBA superstar?  (Read 359 times)

PLANT

Andrew Wiggins...next NBA superstar?
« on: April 10, 2013, 12:49:14 PM »
doesnt look like the draft will be producing any huge superstars this year...But Wiggins is the next one to look out for.  Havnt seen anyone talking much about him besides Cham posting his dunk in another thread.  But this kid is insane at 17.

Anyone else seen his highlights?

Pretty sick handle for a guy 6'8, looks like hes a 5 tool player.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 12:50:56 PM by PLANT »

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Andrew Wiggins...next NBA superstar?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 12:53:08 PM »
Pay your bets.

Sccit

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 10:42:03 PM »
Pay your bets.

yupp

as far as wiggins, he's definitely got the tools...but we'll have to see how he fares in college first. i think he'll definitely be an all-star, but will have to put in work to reach that superstar status everyone seems to have him locked in for. the next superstar is damian lillard, tho.

Remedy360

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 10:43:53 PM »
lol I've never heard "5 tool player" used in the context of baseball. Nice mix, I assume he's going to Kentucky?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 11:03:09 PM »
He's the future of basketball, hands down. This entire class coming into college is pretty sick, but he still stands out over them.

Absolute stud. Said in an interview recently "If I went to UK, we'd win a national title without question". But has yet to commit to a school, probably won't for another month or so.

Keep your eyes on Jermaine Lawrence on Cincinnati. Went to my high school, then transferred his senior year. So much upside with that kid.

PLANT

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 05:19:23 PM »
the next superstar is damian lillard, tho.
Im expecting Wiggins to have MAJOR major upside.  Has the potential to be on Kobe, LBJ, MJ superstar status.  Sorry but Lilard is not that kind of star.

In 5 or 6 years, this could be the kid they are comparing to LeBron and debating on who is better.  The same way they do with Kobe, LeBron these days.

Sccit

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 07:39:19 PM »
the next superstar is damian lillard, tho.
Im expecting Wiggins to have MAJOR major upside.  Has the potential to be on Kobe, LBJ, MJ superstar status.  Sorry but Lilard is not that kind of star.

In 5 or 6 years, this could be the kid they are comparing to LeBron and debating on who is better.  The same way they do with Kobe, LeBron these days.

Lillard is more like cp3 .. Lets just say Wiggins has a ways to go before he reaches anywhere near kobe-mj status lol. Potential is there but lots and lots of players have had that potential and haven't come close.