Author Topic: 50 Cent... nothing new under the sun  (Read 331 times)

infinite59

50 Cent... nothing new under the sun
« on: March 06, 2003, 10:11:46 PM »
Maybe I'm just gettin old and out of style with hip-hop, if so, disregard this post.

I like the new 50-Cent album.  It's a good album.  And I've been listening to Dre since I was 11 and Eminem's my favorite rapper, so how could I hate?

Well.. sorry, I have to.  Like I said, it's good but...

Damn it's played out!!  The only difference between him and Mase is that he took 9 bullets and has been arrested.  But the subject matter and flow is about equal.  Mase was dope.  50 is dope.  But we've been there and done that.  Atleast when Mase came out it was something fresh at the time.  But what does 50 bring to the table that is anything we haven't heard 50 times before?  

P Nelson

• 40 illa
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:50 Cent... nothing new under the sun
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2003, 10:26:13 PM »
Nothing, just good music, stop thinking man lol just enjoy or skip, when I want to listen to an artist, I dont go like "ah what is he bringing to my life"... I just bump it, so yeah I agree, 50 is nothin new, but thats how he rap

infinite59

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2003, 10:36:10 PM »
Nothing, just good music, stop thinking man lol just enjoy or skip, when I want to listen to an artist, I dont go like "ah what is he bringing to my life"... I just bump it, so yeah I agree, 50 is nothin new, but thats how he rap

fair enough

The Watcher

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2003, 11:25:47 PM »

word up !
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2003, 11:51:08 PM »
i always thought he sounded just like mase but a way totally different image, 50 is way doper than Mase, Mase had a little bit more retarded flow

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2003, 12:44:06 AM »
word...i agree with infinite, except the eminem being my fav rapper part lol
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

infinite59

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2003, 02:19:00 AM »
word...i agree with infinite, except the eminem being my fav rapper part lol

Damn almost.... I think your just one more Eminem record away from dying your hair blonde!

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2003, 09:33:55 AM »

Indeed, agreed

EM28

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2003, 11:58:25 AM »
well yeah kinda true....but 50 brings great music....kinda like mase but damn i lost my mase cd....not to worry i'm getting another one through the mail with my quik is the name cd too....well no one cares so i'll stop...but yeah 50 is on top rite now...don't hate congratulate...

peace

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2003, 01:11:55 PM »
ive had 50 album for a bout a month now and it hasant left my stereo yet ive listened to it everyday i couldnt do that with mase.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2003, 01:55:34 PM »

Sofar Shady records hasn't let me down.....much.
I mean their records are coo, but only for about a week and then the shit just get's played out BIG.
I never played any record with the Shady imprint longer than a month.....I just can't.

For me that's how it is.
But overall I thought the record was tight, just the replay value for me is not very good.

Good point Infinite 5'9 made tho bout Ma$e.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2003, 09:54:08 PM »
It's aiight...

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2003, 08:36:18 AM »
murda mase shitted on 50 cent. once puffy spoiled him he was just as wack.

the album is good but hes still nothin special to me.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2003, 08:51:48 AM »
what im feelin about this album is he didnt try n get all commercial and shit jus cuz he got signed and got beats from aftermath/shady...why i like this album is its made for street niggaz, not sum rich kid, they already knew they were gonna buy it anyways but 50 made this shit for street kats and im feelin it.

its nuttin new, speaks alot of the same shit as others but its still good enough for me to bump,

good album

peace

Agua

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2003, 01:28:58 PM »
Maybe I'm just gettin old and out of style with hip-hop, if so, disregard this post.

I like the new 50-Cent album.  It's a good album.  And I've been listening to Dre since I was 11 and Eminem's my favorite rapper, so how could I hate?

Well.. sorry, I have to.  Like I said, it's good but...

Damn it's played out!!  The only difference between him and Mase is that he took 9 bullets and has been arrested.  But the subject matter and flow is about equal.  Mase was dope.  50 is dope.  But we've been there and done that.  Atleast when Mase came out it was something fresh at the time.  But what does 50 bring to the table that is anything we haven't heard 50 times before?  

you're right. it's funny tho... yet nothing special at all