Author Topic: Reincarnation first week sales?  (Read 1131 times)

Sccit

Re: Reincarnation first week sales?
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2013, 02:03:15 PM »
lol just because Will i am bombed doesn't mean Snoop did good.

with the promotion it got, it was good

By promotion do you mean no one being interested in playing his shit? Snoop did horrible. Period. Stop trying to assign the word "good" to 20k.

xzibit did horrible...this is mediocre, at worst. if u were expecting anything above 30k first week, u were being unreasonable.

First Will i am and now Xzibit. Why do you keep bringing up other names? This is a thread about Snoop and Snoop sold horribly. Saying "such and such rapper didn't sell either" doesn't change that. You can bring up anyone on the planet who's put out an album. Doesn't change the fact that Snoop didn't sell shit.

the only way u can tell if numbers are horrible is when comparing to other numbers LOL....it's common sense, brobro

Let me put it this way. If you and I are in math class together, and we both get Fs, It doesn't mean you didn't flunk. You still end up with an F.

Snoop got an F in record sales.

thats where comparisons come in...20,000 is not an F. if xzibit got an F with 3,000, snoop got a C....if Tyga sold 50k in his first week, ud be insane to think snoop can come anywhere close to matching Tyga numbers. thats where comparisons play a role, because expected sales go up-and-down based on the mean of the industry.

C? You're out of your mind. 20k is not an industry standard at any level. To top it all off you're comparing Snoop to a rapper who has been out of the game for 6 years and who's last album sold 17k first week. Snoop did horrible. Xzibit did worse. But this isn't an Xzibit thread.

so u think snoop should be getting tyga numbers with 1/100th of the promo? come on, now. it's not realistic.

Will_B

« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2013, 02:31:38 PM »

By promotion do you mean no one being interested in playing his shit? Snoop did horrible. Period. Stop trying to assign the word "good" to 20k.

xzibit did horrible...this is mediocre, at worst. if u were expecting anything above 30k first week, u were being unreasonable.

First Will i am and now Xzibit. Why do you keep bringing up other names? This is a thread about Snoop and Snoop sold horribly. Saying "such and such rapper didn't sell either" doesn't change that. You can bring up anyone on the planet who's put out an album. Doesn't change the fact that Snoop didn't sell shit.

the only way u can tell if numbers are horrible is when comparing to other numbers LOL....it's common sense, brobro

Let me put it this way. If you and I are in math class together, and we both get Fs, It doesn't mean you didn't flunk. You still end up with an F.

thats where comparisons come in...20,000 is not an F. if xzibit got an F with 3,000, snoop got a C....if Tyga sold 50k in his first week, ud be insane to think snoop can come anywhere close to matching Tyga numbers. thats where comparisons play a role, because expected sales go up-and-down based on the mean of the industry.

C? You're out of your mind. 20k is not an industry standard at any level. To top it all off you're comparing Snoop to a rapper who has been out of the game for 6 years and who's last album sold 17k first week. Snoop did horrible. Xzibit did worse. But this isn't an Xzibit thread.

so u think snoop should be getting tyga numbers with 1/100th of the promo? come on, now. it's not realistic.

Snoop getting worldwide love tho Nik. Noone in the UK knows who the fuck Tyga is for a start. Then you got all the Diplo fans. Snoop got hella good free promo in the media for for this with the name change. Not to mention the film got worldwide festival screenings and even in the Cinema in London here.

All that and Snoop got dick sakes wise

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2013, 02:41:18 PM »
Honestly, I heard a lot more about this album than Tyga's, Snoop had a lot of media hype around the name change, altercations with Bunny Wailer, and the documentary. Snoop had good promo. The fact is the music was shit, he had no singles worth playing on radio, and the sales reflect that.

Snoop is an artist with an established fanbase, he should be able to do 50k no problem. This is a weak effort from Snoop, and hopefully a reality check that the music is trash.

Will_B

« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2013, 02:53:43 PM »
Honestly, I heard a lot more about this album than Tyga's, Snoop had a lot of media hype around the name change, altercations with Bunny Wailer, and the documentary. Snoop had good promo. The fact is the music was shit, he had no singles worth playing on radio, and the sales reflect that.

Snoop is an artist with an established fanbase, he should be able to do 50k no problem. This is a weak effort from Snoop, and hopefully a reality check that the music is trash.

Pretty much.

PLANT

« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2013, 04:50:55 PM »
I would listen to this album over a couple Snoop Dogg rap albums any day.  I really dont mind the album for what it is.  There are obviously a few tracks I realy dont care for it.  I made my own playlist and cut the album down to about 10 tracks and I think its pretty good. 

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2013, 05:15:27 PM »
I agree with u P! Smoke the weed is the shit

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2013, 07:19:35 PM »

Basically this. Tyga may be on Young Money, but his album didn't have much hype and he had no big singles. I have a hard time even remembering Tyga has an album out. 20k is a flop for any artist on a major label.

Asani Waye

« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2013, 07:37:30 PM »
Tyga had less promotion then Snoop, Tyler & Game also had less promotion and they both pushed 90k. 20k for Snoopdogg is pathetic, someone with his level of celebrity should be able to push out more then 20k first week. It is for sure an F and shows that Snoop after all these years still doesn't know what he is doing.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2013, 07:40:01 PM »
Snoop cannot sell records anymore, only venues

Sccit

« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2013, 09:54:00 PM »
Tyga had less promotion then Snoop, Tyler & Game also had less promotion and they both pushed 90k. 20k for Snoopdogg is pathetic, someone with his level of celebrity should be able to push out more then 20k first week. It is for sure an F and shows that Snoop after all these years still doesn't know what he is doing.

I GUESS WHEN U PUT IT LIKE THAT..

Sccit

« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2013, 09:58:58 PM »

Snoop getting worldwide love tho Nik. Noone in the UK knows who the fuck Tyga is for a start. Then you got all the Diplo fans. Snoop got hella good free promo in the media for for this with the name change. Not to mention the film got worldwide festival screenings and even in the Cinema in London here.

All that and Snoop got dick sakes wise

THESE NUMBERS ARE JUST USA, I BELIEVE..TYGA IS CURRENTLY A MUCH BIGGER NAME OUT HERE THAN SNOOP LION, SO I EXPECTED THESE NUMBERS.

Sccit

« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2013, 10:01:00 PM »

YEA, CUZ U POST AT DUBCC LOL
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 10:21:21 PM by NIKCC »

midwestryder

« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2013, 11:29:18 PM »
Tyler did 90k
Tyga did 50k
Game did 90k
Kendrick did 200k+

Snoop did 20k, that is hilarious!! But to Snoops defense he hasn't put out a good album since Ego Trippin', this reggae album is terrible. Snoop pushing 20k can only be attributed to not being a good businessman, same goes for Xzibit and a lot of these older artist.
That is totall bullshit about Snoop not having a good album since Ego Trippin'. Doggumentary was just as good or even better then Ego trip  . so it just shows you have no fucking clue what you are talking about .

Will_B

« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2013, 11:32:25 PM »
Tyler did 90k
Tyga did 50k
Game did 90k
Kendrick did 200k+

Snoop did 20k, that is hilarious!! But to Snoops defense he hasn't put out a good album since Ego Trippin', this reggae album is terrible. Snoop pushing 20k can only be attributed to not being a good businessman, same goes for Xzibit and a lot of these older artist.
That is totall bullshit about Snoop not having a good album since Ego Trippin'. Doggumentary was just as good or even better then Ego trip  . so it just shows you have no fucking clue what you are talking about .

Pretty much

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2013, 03:02:24 AM »

YEA, CUZ U POST AT DUBCC LOL

Haha, I barely check this site anymore bro. I'm talking facebook, hiphopdx, the coli, complex etc.