Author Topic: Reincarnation first week sales?  (Read 1130 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Reincarnation first week sales?
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2013, 09:45:26 AM »
The bottom line is that 20k is horrible for a mainstream artist on a major label, especially one with Snoop's name. Do you think Snoop's camp are looking at Tyga's numbers and patting themselves on the back? Hell no, they're looking at THEIR money coming in and the amount of people interested in THEIR product. That's what matters. If anything, Snoop should feel bad that another west coast artist isn't doing so hot.

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2013, 10:13:34 AM »
I wonder what WOULD sell though... him getting more obviously catchy rap singles?

Like if he somehow made something that was as good as Doggystyle, in the same sort of style,
would that sell?
I'd like to think it would just because nothing has been made that is as dope as that in years and years
and years... but maybe people would just ignore it, I don't know.

I think Snoop's fanbase is:
- Casual fans who like some of his catchy hit songs
- People who are following him to see if he will ever make something anywhere near as dope as Doggystyle again

The thing with his new reggae album is it doesn't really cover either, even though it's got some nice stuff on it.

Sccit

« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2013, 10:21:25 AM »
I wonder what WOULD sell though... him getting more obviously catchy rap singles?

Like if he somehow made something that was as good as Doggystyle, in the same sort of style,
would that sell?
I'd like to think it would just because nothing has been made that is as dope as that in years and years

- People who are following him to see if he will ever make something anywhere near as dope as Doggystyle again

The thing with his new reggae album is it doesn't really cover either, even though it's got some nice stuff on it.

what would sell is if he did what has fans wanted........west coast gangsta shit with an authentic sound. simple as that.

Asani Waye

« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2013, 10:22:45 AM »
Tyler did 90k
Tyga did 50k
Game did 90k
Kendrick did 200k+

Snoop did 20k, that is hilarious!! But to Snoops defense he hasn't put out a good album since Ego Trippin', this reggae album is terrible. Snoop pushing 20k can only be attributed to not being a good businessman, same goes for Xzibit and a lot of these older artist.
That is totall bullshit about Snoop not having a good album since Ego Trippin'. Doggumentary was just as good or even better then Ego trip  . so it just shows you have no fucking clue what you are talking about .

Oh okay...

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2013, 10:29:31 AM »

would that sell?

The thing is that he is turning off a big portion of his followers with this album. And as it has no hit singles, the casual fans aren't going to check it out either. I think the only people buying this album are the die hards who will try hard to like anything Snoop puts out.

Going pop only works if it results in attention and popularity. Snoop could at least make an album appealing to his fanbase, though a lot of them have given up on him after all the trash he's put out. I'm not even checking for Snoop anymore.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 10:33:01 AM by BG Rapsodie »

PLANT

« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2013, 12:40:18 PM »
Well putting out quality music is what gets you fans ,and having fans means your record will sell.  I guess Snoop is fading, on quality and fans, and thats the bottom line.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2013, 03:10:21 PM »

would that sell?

Nas just released an album for his core fan base in "Life Is Good" that was also a step in the right direction content wise for his age, and he got critical and commercial success. Snoops just lost his way.

gio™fugahoo

« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2013, 03:21:54 PM »
Since Ted chung is with snoop it Went Down

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2013, 03:38:21 PM »
I've noticed that in every interview , they ask him if he would bring his positive grown up vibe to the Snoop Dogg persona and he keeps saying that its impossible. Probably because he is an immature individual