Author Topic: Anyone know anything about this mixtape "DJ 2High Dub Plate Special"?  (Read 359 times)

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie

I saw this link where the Twinz redid "Round and Round" for 2012, and it sounded pretty good.  Looking at the tracklist, there's some other cool G-Funk tracks on here like Summertime in the LBC by the Dove Shack, some Warren G stuff, Five Footaz, etc.  Does anyone know if they are all redoing their songs like the Twinz did, or are they just the same old songs?

Anyone have this?

MistaNova

I think I remember hearing this being played in some hip hop-themed cd shop in Tokyo.
I although the only one I remember actually hearing was the one where Bad Azz is freestyling over the Puffin On Blunts and Drankin Tanqueray beat.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 10:51:28 PM by Iveus »

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Yes, here's a link to that Bad Azz freestyle:

I wish a website had snippets or someone had this to see if it was worth getting.  Seems like a lot of good Westcoast stuff on here.

MistaNova

Found snippets on the Manhattan Records' (the shop in Tokyo I was talking about) homepage.

http://manhattanrecords.jp/Form/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?shop=0&pid=2000000977386&vid=&cat=&swrd=

• Lil Geezy
damn is there download link for this mixtape???

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Found snippets on the Manhattan Records' (the shop in Tokyo I was talking about) homepage.

http://manhattanrecords.jp/Form/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?shop=0&pid=2000000977386&vid=&cat=&swrd=

Wow, thanks!  This is awesome, it does look like they all redo their classics!  I gotta see if i can find this somewhere or find a link for it somewhere.  Any ideas?

MistaNova

Wow, thanks!  This is awesome, it does look like they all redo their classics!  I gotta see if i can find this somewhere or find a link for it somewhere.  Any ideas?

Have you tried google or Okka?
Unfortunatly I don't live in Japan anymore so I can't buy it and leak it.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Have you tried google or Okka?
Unfortunatly I don't live in Japan anymore so I can't buy it and leak it.

I tried google without much luck, other than links to the youtube promos.  But i will keep looking around.  Thanks a lot for all your info, it's helped out a lot. 

I'm really surprised this isn't getting more attention on the forum.  Seems like this would be what alot of 90's westcoast rap fans would be interested in, Warren G, Twinz, Dove Shack, Foesum, Rage, Bad Azz etc. all redoing their classics with new lyrics.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/B-P-2011PRESENTS-DJ-2High-West-Coast-Gangsta-Shit-V-A-CD-/310656813944?pt=AU_Audio_CDs&hash=item485496cb78

Wow!  $50.00 is alot, plus it will take close to a month to get to the USA...i don't know if i want it THAT bad, but thanks for the link.