Author Topic: If The Heat Don't Win The Championship, It'll Be The Biggest Flop In NBA History  (Read 4460 times)

teecee

kobe at his best was better than jordan, but because jordan has the accolades and rings, he's considered the hands-down GOAT...

Here we go again with yet another absurd statement by the ultimate Kobe-lover. It's ridiculous how you twist things to get this conversation going... so let me get this straight - the general public is wrong viewing MJ as a better player than Kobe, but under these same circumstances they are right saying Bryant was greater than Duncan as the best player of this era?

And I would ask you again - what made you think that Kobe was better than MJ? Is this a FACT, a STATEMENT or simply what you believe in? Cause your speaking like it's a well known FACT and everybody knows that.

Your saying I'm "taking shots" @ Kobe, yet your the one who's constantly trying to downplay Jordan in order to convince people Bryant is/was better - that's pathetic.

Statements like this by NIK is why he's considered such a joke on this site. Yes, he knows enough about ball to make some intelligent comments, but his bias clouds his judgement far too often

Sccit

kobe at his best was better than jordan, but because jordan has the accolades and rings, he's considered the hands-down GOAT...

Here we go again with yet another absurd statement by the ultimate Kobe-lover. It's ridiculous how you twist things to get this conversation going... so let me get this straight - the general public is wrong viewing MJ as a better player than Kobe, but under these same circumstances they are right saying Bryant was greater than Duncan as the best player of this era?

And I would ask you again - what made you think that Kobe was better than MJ? Is this a FACT, a STATEMENT or simply what you believe in? Cause your speaking like it's a well known FACT and everybody knows that.

Your saying I'm "taking shots" @ Kobe, yet your the one who's constantly trying to downplay Jordan in order to convince people Bryant is/was better - that's pathetic.

Statements like this by NIK is why he's considered such a joke on this site. Yes, he knows enough about ball to make some intelligent comments, but his bias clouds his judgement far too often

Great argument, from the poster who never says shit....

Tell me what mj could do that kobe in his prime couldn't or Stfu

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside

Jordan in his late 20's found a way to shoot over 50%. Bryant never shot over 46%. Before the age of 33, Jordan only had 1 season where he didn't get at least 2 steals a game, Bryant never had any season over 2 steals a game, so basically be an effective scorer and play defense and create turnovers. So play offense and defense. The only thing Kobe is head and shoulders better the Michael is 3 point shooting. Kobe has a lower % because he takes way more 3's, and in one season he made about as many 3's as Michael attempted, and Michael only had 2 seasons with really high % 3 pointers but he attempted very few. Other than that, every single thing you can think of, MJ did better than Kobe. Stats wise, rebounds and assist, they are almost even with MJ having a slight lead in both, per years in their prime. Points wise, MJ is ahead by a healthy margin. Steals, it's not even close, blocks in their prime, Kobe is about half a block a game in his prime, MJ was closer to 1 block a game in his prime. So yeah, prime for prime, it's kind of close on offense, defense it's not even close, but both edges go to MJ.

Plus Kobe says that MJ was the greatest ever.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iZwEmDBbze4?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iZwEmDBbze4?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

Let Kobe be Kobe.

teecee

What he "could" do, or what he DID do. I don't think I need to waste my time cuz you already know. You deal in "what ifs" and shit...

Sccit

What he "could" do, or what he DID do. I don't think I need to waste my time cuz you already know. You deal in "what ifs" and shit...

again, my argument wasnt that kobe had the better career or better accolades...it was simply that kobe in his prime could beat jordan in his prime. if ur only response to that is nutriding, then dont even respond at all. at least mdogg came with some arguments...they may have been completely retarded, but they were still arguments. try it.

Sccit

Jordan in his late 20's found a way to shoot over 50%. Bryant never shot over 46%. Before the age of 33, Jordan only had 1 season where he didn't get at least 2 steals a game, Bryant never had any season over 2 steals a game, so basically be an effective scorer and play defense and create turnovers. So play offense and defense. The only thing Kobe is head and shoulders better the Michael is 3 point shooting. Kobe has a lower % because he takes way more 3's, and in one season he made about as many 3's as Michael attempted, and Michael only had 2 seasons with really high % 3 pointers but he attempted very few. Other than that, every single thing you can think of, MJ did better than Kobe. Stats wise, rebounds and assist, they are almost even with MJ having a slight lead in both, per years in their prime. Points wise, MJ is ahead by a healthy margin. Steals, it's not even close, blocks in their prime, Kobe is about half a block a game in his prime, MJ was closer to 1 block a game in his prime. So yeah, prime for prime, it's kind of close on offense, defense it's not even close, but both edges go to MJ.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iZwEmDBbze4?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iZwEmDBbze4?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

Let Kobe be Kobe.

the old fg% argument lmao...never fails. the reason MJ shot over 50% was because he had no range. the less range u have, the higher ur fg% is. i've explained this numerous times on here, thats a minus for jordan, not a plus...but i guess chris andersen is by far the best player in the playoffs, since he shoots 80% from the field lmao...and if ur only argument is looking up stats, then dont even bother. i can show u a lot of stats that show lebron to be better than MJ, as well, but we all know how far off from the truth that is...point is, MJ played for a better Bulls team where the offense revolved around him to perfection. if Kobe played for teams like that in his prime, he coulda had some 40 PPG seasons. believe that. also, defensive stats dont make u a better defender. in fact, most of the top defenders average less steals and blocks, because they dont gamble and shut down their man by stayin in front, not taking risks or letting their man beat them to collect weak side steals+blocks. u learn this in high school. thats why bruce bowen, one of the top defenders of all time, averaged less than a block and a steal a game.

Kobe Bryant told Michael Jordan he could 'kick his a**' one on one

POSTED: Saturday, May 18, 2013, 4:31 PM

Phil Jackson is at it again. The man known by many as the “Zen master” is the king of controversy via the written word. Whether exploring Kobe’s early selfishness in The Last Season, or just teasing the twitterverse with vague yet informative tweets, Phil has never feared ruffling some feathers.

His new book, aptly titled 11 Rings: The Soul of Success, available everywhere on May 21, apparently finds Phil focusing on a Michael Jordan/Kobe Bryant comparison; a conversation Jackson has largely shied away from in the past.

Considering Jackson is the man that led both MJ and Kobe to all of their collective NBA titles, it is interesting to finally hear his insight on the issue.

It is safe to say that Phil didn’t disappoint.

Jackson states that Bryant’s desire to not only be great, but to be literally better than Jordan was evident early on, and in 11 Rings, he reflects fondly on a face-to-face meeting between Michael and Kobe during his first season as head coach of the Los Angeles Lakers.

"Kobe was hell-bent on surpassing Jordan as the greatest player in the game. His obsession with Michael was striking," Jackson begins.

Even to the casual fan the similarities between the two were extremely evident.

"When we played in Chicago that season, I orchestrated a meeting between the two stars, thinking that Michael might help shift Kobe's attitude toward selfless teamwork,” Jackson continued.

After they shook hands, the first words out of Kobe's mouth were, 'You know I can kick your a** one on one.'"

Yep, sounds like Kobe. After all, it is bold, brash statements like this that have helped made Kobe such a polarizing player.

Some may call him crazy, but no one can claim that Kobe lacks confidence, for good or for bad.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/pattisonave/Kobe-Bryant-told-Michael-Jordan-he-could-kick-his-as-one-on-one.html#Er75WQAcucEpTq1F.99

suck it, jordan fan.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

Let Kobe be Kobe.

the old fg% argument lmao...never fails. the reason MJ shot over 50% was because he had no range. the less range u have, the higher ur fg% is. i've explained this numerous times on here, thats a minus for jordan, not a plus...but i guess chris andersen is by far the best player in the playoffs, since he shoots 80% from the field lmao...and if ur only argument is looking up stats, then dont even bother. i can show u a lot of stats that show lebron to be better than MJ, as well, but we all know how far off from the truth that is...point is, MJ played for a better Bulls team where the offense revolved around him to perfection. if Kobe played for teams like that in his prime, he coulda had some 40 PPG seasons. believe that. also, defensive stats dont make u a better defender. in fact, most of the top defenders average less steals and blocks, because they dont gamble and shut down their man by stayin in front, not taking risks or letting their man beat them to collect weak side steals+blocks. u learn this in high school. thats why bruce bowen, one of the top defenders of all time, averaged less than a block and a steal a game.

Phil Jackson is at it again. The man known by many as the “Zen master” is the king of controversy via the written word. Whether exploring Kobe’s early selfishness in The Last Season, or just teasing the twitterverse with vague yet informative tweets, Phil has never feared ruffling some feathers.

His new book, aptly titled 11 Rings: The Soul of Success, available everywhere on May 21, apparently finds Phil focusing on a Michael Jordan/Kobe Bryant comparison; a conversation Jackson has largely shied away from in the past.

Considering Jackson is the man that led both MJ and Kobe to all of their collective NBA titles, it is interesting to finally hear his insight on the issue.

Jackson states that Bryant’s desire to not only be great, but to be literally better than Jordan was evident early on, and in 11 Rings, he reflects fondly on a face-to-face meeting between Michael and Kobe during his first season as head coach of the Los Angeles Lakers.

"Kobe was hell-bent on surpassing Jordan as the greatest player in the game. His obsession with Michael was striking," Jackson begins.

"When we played in Chicago that season, I orchestrated a meeting between the two stars, thinking that Michael might help shift Kobe's attitude toward selfless teamwork,” Jackson continued.

After they shook hands, the first words out of Kobe's mouth were, 'You know I can kick your a** one on one.'"

Yep, sounds like Kobe. After all, it is bold, brash statements like this that have helped made Kobe such a polarizing player.

Some may call him crazy, but no one can claim that Kobe lacks confidence, for good or for bad.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/pattisonave/Kobe-Bryant-told-Michael-Jordan-he-could-kick-his-as-one-on-one.html#Er75WQAcucEpTq1F.99

suck it, jordan fan.

Oh trust me, I'm the last person you'd think was a Jordan fan if you start the Magic vs. MJ thing. You'd think I was the biggest Jordan hater ever. But I have accepted the fact that people think of the of MJ as the greatest and I'll leave it as that.

And that was young Kobe talking. The Kobe I posted is older Kobe who had already been through the league. You are saying 22 year old Kobe is telling the truth and 30 year old Kobe doesn't know what he's talking about. Dude, Let Kobe Be Kobe.

And I've mentioned that in their primes, Kobe makes as many 3's as Jordan attempts. But FG% is important because if you are bricking the ball, then that's almost like a turnover. Which BTW, Kobe has about double the turnovers in his prime as Jordan in his prime, per game of course.

Here is another weakness in your argument, I saw and watched both in their primes, and I was old enough to actually take in what I saw. I saw Jordan in 1991 when he beat my Lakers and Magic Johnson. I actually cried, and I mean I cried. Not as hard as when Magic announced he had HIV, I was crying for about an hour. Well you were a little kid, I was old enough to see everything. There was no point in Kobe's career that I said, this guy is better than Jordan. Maybe close to getting to that level, but never reaching or surpassing that level, at all.

I mean, you can't describe what it was like watching Michael play on a nightly bases in the early 90's. In the late 90's, I'd say the Bulls were just a better team, but the early 90's when it was BJ Armstrong, Michael Jordan, Horace Grant and Stacy King, you just saw Michael just DOMINATE games. Yeah BJ and Grant scored more than Harper and Rodman, but Scottie actually didn't score as often and Jordan was at his all time best. I seriously don't think you realize how great Michael Jordan was. It was the opposite of Magic Johnson in that Magic could have complete control of a game and dominate without scoring a point. Jordan would dominate with the ball in hard and driving to the lane in every play. MJ knew his strengths and weaknesses, which is why he didn't shoot over 2-3 3pointers a game in any season.

WITHOUT STATS, I'll tell you exactly what I saw from Kobe and Jordan

Kobe has a better outside shot
Jordan was stronger and got inside more
Jordan was better at defense
Jordan was a better closer in clutch time
Jordan played the center position in the triangle offense, well either Shaq or Gasol played the center on the Lakers. that means they were in the paint with the ball in their hands. Jordan did that for the Bulls, he drew everyone inside and then either kicked it out or did that crazy turn around jumper, usually it was the turn around jumper.
Kobe got close when he was at his best. Kobe at his best was the closest I ever saw anyone, INCLUDING LEBRON, getting to MJ, but he just never got there.

That's what I saw, no stats, but just straight up living my life in the 90's and 2000's doing nothing but watching basketball. I was worst than you, trust me on that.

Sccit

Let Kobe be Kobe.

suck it, jordan fan.

Oh trust me, I'm the last person you'd think was a Jordan fan if you start the Magic vs. MJ thing. You'd think I was the biggest Jordan hater ever. But I have accepted the fact that people think of the of MJ as the greatest and I'll leave it as that.

And that was young Kobe talking. The Kobe I posted is older Kobe who had already been through the league. You are saying 22 year old Kobe is telling the truth and 30 year old Kobe doesn't know what he's talking about. Dude, Let Kobe Be Kobe.

And I've mentioned that in their primes, Kobe makes as many 3's as Jordan attempts. But FG% is important because if you are bricking the ball, then that's almost like a turnover. Which BTW, Kobe has about double the turnovers in his prime as Jordan in his prime, per game of course.

Here is another weakness in your argument, I saw and watched both in their primes, and I was old enough to actually take in what I saw. I saw Jordan in 1991 when he beat my Lakers and Magic Johnson. I actually cried, and I mean I cried. Not as hard as when Magic announced he had HIV, I was crying for about an hour. Well you were a little kid, I was old enough to see everything. There was no point in Kobe's career that I said, this guy is better than Jordan. Maybe close to getting to that level, but never reaching or surpassing that level, at all.

I mean, you can't describe what it was like watching Michael play on a nightly bases in the early 90's. In the late 90's, I'd say the Bulls were just a better team, but the early 90's when it was BJ Armstrong, Michael Jordan, Horace Grant and Stacy King, you just saw Michael just DOMINATE games. Yeah BJ and Grant scored more than Harper and Rodman, but Scottie actually didn't score as often and Jordan was at his all time best. I seriously don't think you realize how great Michael Jordan was. It was the opposite of Magic Johnson in that Magic could have complete control of a game and dominate without scoring a point. Jordan would dominate with the ball in hard and driving to the lane in every play. MJ knew his strengths and weaknesses, which is why he didn't shoot over 2-3 3pointers a game in any season.

Jordan played the center position in the triangle offense, well either Shaq or Gasol played the center on the Lakers. that means they were in the paint with the ball in their hands. Jordan did that for the Bulls, he drew everyone inside and then either kicked it out or did that crazy turn around jumper, usually it was the turn around jumper.
Kobe got close when he was at his best. Kobe at his best was the closest I ever saw anyone, INCLUDING LEBRON, getting to MJ, but he just never got there.

That's what I saw, no stats, but just straight up living my life in the 90's and 2000's doing nothing but watching basketball. I was worst than you, trust me on that.

gtfoh, like i said, u dont know the first thing about kobe if u think he doesn't believe he's untouchable......he even said it recently:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1489271-kobe-bryant-says-hes-best-of-all-time-would-beat-lebron-james-in-one-on-one

...he also said he would beat MJ one-on-one a couple months ago...i posted it up if u look back.

but of course he's gunna call MJ the greatest, it's called paying respect.. who the fuck goes out and flat out says "i'm the greatest of all time!"?...at the end of the day, when it comes down to it, Kobe is waiting to capture that 6th and 7th ring to view himself as surpassing Jordan career-wise.. so now, Jordan has had the better career....another thing Kobe has on Jordan, Kobe is so much better than Jordan was at this point in their career. seriously, the stuff Kobe has been doing 17 seasons into his career is unheard of. it's just adding to the legacy. and if Kobe can reform his game to a 23 points-10 assist player and win a couple more rings...godaymn. skys the limit for his legacy, foreal. Kobe, in his prime, facilitated a whole lot more than MJ and plays off the ball less, because he never had anyone on the perimeter like Pippen....hence, more turnovers. i really dont even know what kinda stat-lines Kobe would have if he played with Pippen shutting down opposing perimeter players and facilitating the offense, but i know it would be incredible....dont get me wrong, mdoggydogg. i realize how great Jordan was. theres no denying his amazing capabilities. but i dont think YOU realize how circumstantial all of it really was...how much the media influenced the minds of the masses (including you), and how he was placed in a perfect scenario to excel and made to look untouchable.

kobe could shoot better, handle the ball better, might go through more cold stretches (u think teammates dont play a role in this? lol), but deadlier when he heats up...jordan is made to look like a better defender because he didnt have to lock down the best player on the perimeter night in and night out ala kobe (which also helps his offense)......it's all circumstantial, brodie. at the end of the day, 81 point kobe could take 69 point jordan, and thats all there is to it. disagree all u want, but dont do urself the disservice of laughin it off.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

Let Kobe be Kobe.

suck it, jordan fan.

gtfoh, like i said, u dont know the first thing about kobe if u think he doesn't believe he's untouchable......he even said it recently:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1489271-kobe-bryant-says-hes-best-of-all-time-would-beat-lebron-james-in-one-on-one

...he also said he would beat MJ one-on-one a couple months ago...i posted it up if u look back.

but of course he's gunna call MJ the greatest, it's called paying respect.. who the fuck goes out and flat out says "i'm the greatest of all time!"?...at the end of the day, when it comes down to it, Kobe is waiting to capture that 6th and 7th ring to view himself as surpassing Jordan career-wise.. so now, Jordan has had the better career....another thing Kobe has on Jordan, Kobe is so much better than Jordan was at this point in their career. seriously, the stuff Kobe has been doing 17 seasons into his career is unheard of. it's just adding to the legacy. and if Kobe can reform his game to a 23 points-10 assist player and win a couple more rings...godaymn. skys the limit for his legacy, foreal. Kobe, in his prime, facilitated a whole lot more than MJ and plays off the ball less, because he never had anyone on the perimeter like Pippen....hence, more turnovers. i really dont even know what kinda stat-lines Kobe would have if he played with Pippen shutting down opposing perimeter players and facilitating the offense, but i know it would be incredible....dont get me wrong, mdoggydogg. i realize how great Jordan was. theres no denying his amazing capabilities. but i dont think YOU realize how circumstantial all of it really was...how much the media influenced the minds of the masses (including you), and how he was placed in a perfect scenario to excel and made to look untouchable.

kobe could shoot better, handle the ball better, might go through more cold stretches (u think teammates dont play a role in this? lol), but deadlier when he heats up...jordan is made to look like a better defender because he didnt have to lock down the best player on the perimeter night in and night out ala kobe (which also helps his offense)......it's all circumstantial, brodie. at the end of the day, 81 point kobe could take 69 point jordan, and thats all there is to it. disagree all u want, but dont do urself the disservice of laughin it off.

All i hear is that, he's better, but if he's not then it's is teammate's fault... GTFO. You have been schooled this whole thread by me and honestly it's getting boring schooling you over and over, over the same points.

Face facts, Jordan was better, that's that. Every statistic shows, it, everyone who's seen both at their best will tell you, every great player will tell you. It's close on offense, but it's on defense were Jordan rises above Kobe.

All you do is talk out your ass and when you are proven wrong, you have someone to blame. Your like that kid who gets in trouble, then snitches on all his friends to get a lighter sentence. Then again, Kobe's a snitch so I guess are just like your hero and that's why you ride for him so hard.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
I'm telling you. Nigga needs five days to sit in the corner and reevaluate life.

Mietek23

I don't know why you still arguing with Nik about that Jordan/Bryant thing, M Dogg. It's obvious you won't change his mind on this subject, even if you'll bring the best arguments. I stopped reading this topic and take it seriously after he stated that Kobe was a better deffender than Michael.

Nik, you got the right to have your own opinion - I respect it, even tho it irritates the fuck out of me how you constantly downplaying Michael Jordan's greatness in order to bring your boy Kobe everytime into the discussion. Just make sure to add that little "IN MY OPINION" sentence everytime you'll write that KB>MJ.

Thanks.

Sccit

Let Kobe be Kobe.

suck it, jordan fan.

All i hear is that, he's better, but if he's not then it's is teammate's fault... GTFO. You have been schooled this whole thread by me and honestly it's getting boring schooling you over and over, over the same points.

Face facts, Jordan was better, that's that. Every statistic shows, it, everyone who's seen both at their best will tell you, every great player will tell you. It's close on offense, but it's on defense were Jordan rises above Kobe.

All you do is talk out your ass and when you are proven wrong, you have someone to blame. Your like that kid who gets in trouble, then snitches on all his friends to get a lighter sentence. Then again, Kobe's a snitch so I guess are just like your hero and that's why you ride for him so hard.

lol the kobe hatred couldnt be anymore glaringly obvious, mdoggy. seriously, u must still be butthurt over shaq leavin the lakers, take it easy, son. if someone read ur posts without seeing ur name, they'd definitely think u were the typical laker hater...but it's all good, at least u can cover up ur lack of support for the current lakers by your wise tidbits from the 80s, such as bob mcadoo averaging 25 points alongside magic n kareem.

if u wanna attribute jordan bein better due to him bein the better defender, when kobe was always assigned the best perimeter player on the opposing team, while pippen took the priority of doin that for the bulls, go ahead. but on offense, kobe has the records...kobe has the 81 point game. most threes in nba history. 62 points in 3 quarters. most consecutive games in nba history with 50+ points. most all-star appearances, mvps, even this year, kobe became the first player at least 34 years of age to score 30+ points in 7+ consecutive games.......face it, kobe in his prime could beat jordan 1-on-1...all u did by laughin that of was prove where ur loyalty stands, and ur a featherweight nowadays when it comes to bein a laker fan. maybe in the 80s, u were top dog. but now uv fallen. fall back.

Sccit

I stopped reading this topic and take it seriously after he stated that Kobe was a better deffender than Michael.

i guess u didnt stop reading then, cuz i never said that LOL