Author Topic: If The Heat Don't Win The Championship, It'll Be The Biggest Flop In NBA History  (Read 4458 times)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
i dunno man LAs flop this year was epic.

EVERYONE was talking about the new look lakers.

them niggas looked tired before the season started.

injuries and not enough time to build chemistry is why were not the biggest flop. no one truly thought we'd win the championship in the first season without a doubt like everyone's currently sayin bout miami.

not true man you can go to damn near any sports site and run that clock back to last fall...cats just KNEW they were going to at least take their division, to watch them struggle to make the playoffs was like a bad soap opera...just like cats KNEW miami was gonna win their first year together i wasnt surprised at all they didnt...but yeah man the lakers thought they had the new dynasty set then they fucked up their karma when they fucked with the zen master...

just the way they handled that situation with phil jackson was one of the biggest basketball flops of all time in my opinion.

Sccit

injuries and not enough time to build chemistry is why were not the biggest flop. no one truly thought we'd win the championship in the first season without a doubt like everyone's currently sayin bout miami.

not true man you can go to damn near any sports site and run that clock back to last fall...cats just KNEW they were going to at least take their division, to watch them struggle to make the playoffs was like a bad soap opera...just like cats KNEW miami was gonna win their first year together i wasnt surprised at all they didnt...but yeah man the lakers thought they had the new dynasty set then they fucked up their karma when they fucked with the zen master...

just the way they handled that situation with phil jackson was one of the biggest basketball flops of all time in my opinion.

yea, but like i said, it wasnt championship or bust, considering it was our first year with everyone playing together..and more importantly, we only played 7 games with the starting lineup that included all 4 stars. the injuries were up there with any other laker season in laker histroy....thats what makes it not comparable in terms of busts.

i agree with letting phil walk bein one of the more disgraceful decisions in laker management history, tho.

Hack Wilson - real

if Kobe is even comparable MJ or Lebron then every team with Kobe should be championship or bust, right? :D

Sccit

It'll be a flop, but not the biggest in history, far from it. If Heat lost in the final last year and did the same this year..... then yeah, but nah....

far from it? what other team was favorited as much as miami is right now and didnt win? dont worry, i'll wait.

last year wouldnt have been as big a bust...but they have ray allen, shane battier, chris anderson hittin on all cylinders. theyre so stacked, mike miller cant even sniff PT. same mike miller who had a couple 20 point games less than a month ago. rashard lewis averaged 12 points in 28 minutes in april...cant even get off the bench in the playoffs. the depth is ridiculous. come on, now.

Sccit

if Kobe is even comparable MJ or Lebron then every team with Kobe should be championship or bust, right? :D

so 9 years of MJ's+lebron's career were busts? ur trollin makes u look dumb sometimes

Sccit

Yeah, if the Heat didn't win a title by now, that would be a flop. But since they won last year I think people will forgive them if they don't win this year. But as I watch the Heat, Wade is slowing down it seems by the day. He is not Flash anymore. I'd say the window of winning titles is actually a lot close to closing than we think for the Heat. Unless Pat Riley gets some really good young players soon.

Biggest flop in NBA history. hum.... I'd say the 2003-2004 Lakers, Maybe the 1993-1994 New York Knicks, especially since they haven't won an NBA title since the 70's, I think the 1995-1996 Orlando Magic was pretty disappointing because everyone thought it was Shaq and Penny's year, 2007-2008 Cleveland Cavaliers has to be up there, 1968-1969 Los Angeles Lakers are about even with the 2003-2004 Lakers. So from that list, pick 'em. When I look at the history, the 1970's didn't have any of those big loaded squad. Maybe because the whole ABA thing and expansion. But the 70's didn't have the big loaded rosters like the 60's, 80's, 90's and 2000's. And the 80's, those big name teams always seemed to find a way to win.

lol those are all some terrible choices for worst flop in nba history

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Yeah, if the Heat didn't win a title by now, that would be a flop. But since they won last year I think people will forgive them if they don't win this year. But as I watch the Heat, Wade is slowing down it seems by the day. He is not Flash anymore. I'd say the window of winning titles is actually a lot close to closing than we think for the Heat. Unless Pat Riley gets some really good young players soon.

Biggest flop in NBA history. hum.... I'd say the 2003-2004 Lakers, Maybe the 1993-1994 New York Knicks, especially since they haven't won an NBA title since the 70's, I think the 1995-1996 Orlando Magic was pretty disappointing because everyone thought it was Shaq and Penny's year, 2007-2008 Cleveland Cavaliers has to be up there, 1968-1969 Los Angeles Lakers are about even with the 2003-2004 Lakers. So from that list, pick 'em. When I look at the history, the 1970's didn't have any of those big loaded squad. Maybe because the whole ABA thing and expansion. But the 70's didn't have the big loaded rosters like the 60's, 80's, 90's and 2000's. And the 80's, those big name teams always seemed to find a way to win.

I don't know, the 1969 Lakers were suppose to win with Wilt, the 1994 Knicks were finally suppose to win with Jordan out the league, the 1996 Magic were getting all the hype and people thought at the beginning of the year that the Bulls couldn't keep up, but once the Bulls won 72 wins then expectations changed, 2008 Cavs had all those LeBron commercials and then the MVPuppets, it was a mess.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛

yea, but like i said, it wasnt championship or bust, considering it was our first year with everyone playing together..and more importantly, we only played 7 games with the starting lineup that included all 4 stars. the injuries were up there with any other laker season in laker histroy....thats what makes it not comparable in terms of busts.

i agree with letting phil walk bein one of the more disgraceful decisions in laker management history, tho.

no seriously man, that shit they did with phil was one of the dumbest descisions IN BASKETBALL HISTORY. i dont think ive ever watched a legendary team melt from the inside out like that.

from the death of jim buss to kobes achilles to dwight/nash almost being a non factor, the injuries then the way they just let one of the best coaches of any sport EVER slip through there fingers like that...fuck.

Sccit

I don't know, the 1969 Lakers were suppose to win with Wilt, the 1994 Knicks were finally suppose to win with Jordan out the league, the 1996 Magic were getting all the hype and people thought at the beginning of the year that the Bulls couldn't keep up, but once the Bulls won 72 wins then expectations changed, 2008 Cavs had all those LeBron commercials and then the MVPuppets, it was a mess.

the difference is, they were all competing with great teams....they werent hands-down favorites like the heat are this year, u get what im sayin?

Sccit

no seriously man, that shit they did with phil was one of the dumbest descisions IN BASKETBALL HISTORY. i dont think ive ever watched a legendary team melt from the inside out like that.

from the death of jim buss to kobes achilles to dwight/nash almost being a non factor, the injuries then the way they just let one of the best coaches of any sport EVER slip through there fingers like that...fuck.

real shit

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside

the difference is, they were all competing with great teams....they werent hands-down favorites like the heat are this year, u get what im sayin?

Not really because we can only judge great teams by what they do, not what we expect them to do. So if that 2004 Lakers team just destroys the league, then we'd say there was no other great team. If the 1996 Magic team won, then people would have said, well Jordan and the Bulls were washed up. But now we can say, well those 2004 Pistons shocked the world, and they played like a team, or the 1996 Bulls were historically greats. In 2008, everyone thought that it was LeBron's time, and people questioned Boston's Big 3 and if they could gel. Well now we say of course they can gel but in 2011 the Heat couldn't and we thought that was a disappointment. If the Heat didn't win in 2012, then we'd look at 2011 as a HUGE flop. So many of these things are only seen in retrospect. If say Memphis wins this year, they'd get 2004 Piston status as a real team, or if the Spurs win they'd get 1969 Celtics status as that great team making that last great run.

That's the sad part of all these debates, much of this is speculation. Like you put up a thread basically saying the Heat have to win or they are a flop. While it's been like that since the summer of 2010. At the same time, last year if OKC would have won, then we would argue that was the start of their rise and we'd talk about them as a great dynasty. The only way we can truly judge it is to let it all pass and then look and say, well this is where the Heat are historically and bla bla bla...

Personally, I think the Heat are a great team, put together by Pat Riley who knows how to get these type of teams going and he hired a coach who he personally groomed. Am I shocked that the Heat are in this position? No. Would it be a flop if they lose? Yes. Would it be bigger than the 2004 Lakers? No. Do I expect the Heat to lose? No.

Sccit

Not really because we can only judge great teams by what they do, not what we expect them to do. So if that 2004 Lakers team just destroys the league, then we'd say there was no other great team. If the 1996 Magic team won, then people would have said, well Jordan and the Bulls were washed up. But now we can say, well those 2004 Pistons shocked the world, and they played like a team, or the 1996 Bulls were historically greats. In 2008, everyone thought that it was LeBron's time, and people questioned Boston's Big 3 and if they could gel. Well now we say of course they can gel but in 2011 the Heat couldn't and we thought that was a disappointment. If the Heat didn't win in 2012, then we'd look at 2011 as a HUGE flop. So many of these things are only seen in retrospect. If say Memphis wins this year, they'd get 2004 Piston status as a real team, or if the Spurs win they'd get 1969 Celtics status as that great team making that last great run.

That's the sad part of all these debates, much of this is speculation. Like you put up a thread basically saying the Heat have to win or they are a flop. While it's been like that since the summer of 2010. At the same time, last year if OKC would have won, then we would argue that was the start of their rise and we'd talk about them as a great dynasty. The only way we can truly judge it is to let it all pass and then look and say, well this is where the Heat are historically and bla bla bla...

Personally, I think the Heat are a great team, put together by Pat Riley who knows how to get these type of teams going and he hired a coach who he personally groomed. Am I shocked that the Heat are in this position? No. Would it be a flop if they lose? Yes. Would it be bigger than the 2004 Lakers? No. Do I expect the Heat to lose? No.

If u don't see the difference between the odds placed on the heat to win this year compared to previous years, then ur dumber than I thought.

Hack Wilson - real

the Lakers have 3 HOFers and Pau Gasol

result?  7th seed :D

Sccit

the Lakers have 3 HOFers and Pau Gasol

result?  7th seed :D

And only manages to play 7 games with the startin lineup .. Slap yaself for runnin outa troll material.

Hack Wilson - real

oh, so only having 2 HOFers for most of the season is an excuse to suck?

stop making excuses brobro