Author Topic: If The Heat Don't Win The Championship, It'll Be The Biggest Flop In NBA History  (Read 4462 times)

Mietek23

kobe at his best was better than jordan, but because jordan has the accolades and rings, he's considered the hands-down GOAT...

Here we go again with yet another absurd statement by the ultimate Kobe-lover. It's ridiculous how you twist things to get this conversation going... so let me get this straight - the general public is wrong viewing MJ as a better player than Kobe, but under these same circumstances they are right saying Bryant was greater than Duncan as the best player of this era?

And I would ask you again - what made you think that Kobe was better than MJ? Is this a FACT, a STATEMENT or simply what you believe in? Cause your speaking like it's a well known FACT and everybody knows that.

Your saying I'm "taking shots" @ Kobe, yet your the one who's constantly trying to downplay Jordan in order to convince people Bryant is/was better - that's pathetic.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 06:01:19 AM by Mietek23 »

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Legacy wise. Sure.

But straight up comparing who is a better basketball player, none of that matters. Duncan has a greater legacy than KG, but scratch all that, put them in their primes and that's a pretty close toss-up.

bynum in 2012 in his prime was also the best center in the nba....but that dont matter, because players are not judged on how good they were when they were at their best, but rather what theyve accomplished throughout their career. kobe at his best was better than jordan, but because jordan has the accolades and rings, he's considered the hands-down GOAT...wilt at his best would leave lebron at his best with 15 points, max.

You say Kobe at his best was better than MJ at his best... GOD DAMN KID! Please stop smoking. You done smoked yourself retarted!

Ugh does Kobe eat Vegi-mite pizza

Yes, yes he does.

Sccit

Legacy wise. Sure.

But straight up comparing who is a better basketball player, none of that matters. Duncan has a greater legacy than KG, but scratch all that, put them in their primes and that's a pretty close toss-up.

bynum in 2012 in his prime was also the best center in the nba....but that dont matter, because players are not judged on how good they were when they were at their best, but rather what theyve accomplished throughout their career. kobe at his best was better than jordan, but because jordan has the accolades and rings, he's considered the hands-down GOAT...wilt at his best would leave lebron at his best with 15 points, max.

You say Kobe at his best was better than MJ at his best... GOD DAMN KID! Please stop smoking. You done smoked yourself retarted!

lol, ur the biggest closet laker hater-jordan groupie ive ever seen....seriously. if u disagree with what i say, thats one thing. but to come out on some bitter nonsense, constasntly talkin that shit AGAINST KOBE/LAKERS.....oh my....and u do that shit in every thread, whether it be pro-lebron or pro-jordan, it's always on some anti-laker shit. u sound more like a laker hater than most of the heat fans postin here lmao...u'd get eaten alive for bein such a fairweather loser if u posted at lakersground. i guess thats what happens when u grow up in minnesota, though. smfh.

Sccit

kobe at his best was better than jordan, but because jordan has the accolades and rings, he's considered the hands-down GOAT...

Here we go again with yet another absurd statement by the ultimate Kobe-lover. It's ridiculous how you twist things to get this conversation going... so let me get this straight - the general public is wrong viewing MJ as a better player than Kobe, but under these same circumstances they are right saying Bryant was greater than Duncan as the best player of this era?

And I would ask you again - what made you think that Kobe was better than MJ? Is this a FACT, a STATEMENT or simply what you believe in? Cause your speaking like it's a well known FACT and everybody knows that.

Your saying I'm "taking shots" @ Kobe, yet your the one who's constantly trying to downplay Jordan in order to convince people Bryant is/was better - that's pathetic.

kobe who scored 81 points would beat mj in a game of one-on-one...thats my opinion...theres nothin absurd about this, only the media would twist it to make it seem like jordan was untouchable and is head-and-shoulders above the other GOATs, because jordan is a child of the NBA brand and is a product that has been shoved down the throats of the masses. the idiots like mdogg especially fall for this... jordan has had a more impressive career thus far, but prime for prime, there is nothing jordan can do that kobe couldnt.

teecee

This again? Try putting Kobes best playoff games, or finals games, up against Mike?

The 81 point game was amazing, but it WAS against a terrible defensive team

Sccit

This again? Try putting Kobes best playoff games, or finals games, up against Mike?

The 81 point game was amazing, but it WAS against a terrible defensive team

try finding me a time when mike played an nba finals game against a defense like the celtics....mike was busy schooling jeff hornacek and hersey hawkins in the finals. different circumstances, different career paths...wing players werent athletic beasts like they are today, it was a big dominant league back then...kobe also has 2 rings where he didnt have anyone like scottie pippen to back him, who was not only assigned to the best perimeter player on the opposing team, but also regarded by many as the 2nd best player in the entire nba at that time. side note, mj's career high also came in an overtime.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Legacy wise. Sure.

lol, ur the biggest closet laker hater-jordan groupie ive ever seen....seriously. if u disagree with what i say, thats one thing. but to come out on some bitter nonsense, constasntly talkin that shit AGAINST KOBE/LAKERS.....oh my....and u do that shit in every thread, whether it be pro-lebron or pro-jordan, it's always on some anti-laker shit. u sound more like a laker hater than most of the heat fans postin here lmao...u'd get eaten alive for bein such a fairweather loser if u posted at lakersground. i guess thats what happens when u grow up in minnesota, though. smfh.

Listen Sccittles. Let's clear some air right now. How am I on some anti-Laker shit when I said Michael was better than Kobe at their best? It's true. At their best, Jordan would play circles around Bryant, and Kobe would agree. Michael is better than Kobe, end of subject. Just like Kobe is better than LeBron at their best, end of subject. Just like in 2013, LeBron is better than 2013 Kobe, end of subject. These things are not really debated, as everyone but you has these opinions, oh and the few trolls who think LeBron at his best is better than Kobe at his best.

And don't question my Laker card. Shit, I've been a fan since the days of Magic and Kareem, never missed a game on KCAL or PrimeTicket/Fox Sports West for many years. Even when I was gone, I still watched as many games as possible on national TV and online. And all this Kobe vs. LeBron stuff, I use to argue the same thing for Magic vs. Michael. I was on Magics side all the damn time, and the arguments everyone else uses for LeBron over Kobe, I used them for Magic over Michael. Assist, making others better, Magic's career FG% was 52%, MJ's was 49%, higher rebounds per game. All these stats, hell at the time MJ only had 3-5 rings and no one even brought that into consideration. I was riding for the Lakers LONG before you were, and I was using the same arguments everyone uses for LeBron. For years I sat back and thought of it as ironic that what others used to back up MJ, you used to back up Kobe. It was just funny to me. So now I don't bother arguing for the sake of allegiance. When it comes to players, I can give a damn if the Lakers have the greatest player of all time. My only concern is seeing the Lakers getting banner #17 and 18 so we can finally pass up the Boston Celtics. That's my only care in the world about basketball right now. Being better than Boston. As for the the players, I can live with MJ being the greatest of all time, because to me that did nothing to stop LA for eventually getting to title #16. As a fan, I can't affect the game at all posting on DubCC.com or Lakersground with all the other Kobe dick suckers.

Keep in mind, and you know I said this pre-2004, I was on the side of Shaq. I liked Shaq more than Kobe, and when Shaq left I was torn between my favorite player in the league (I use to like Shaq even as a Orlando Magic as while, but still rooted for the Lakers so the summer of 1996 was an amazing time for me) and the team I was loyal to since I was a little kid. Kobe's legacy means nothing to me really, it's just as long as he keeps winning for the Lakers. I still have my Kobe jersey, I still hope he wins 6 rings eventually and I would love for him to have a legacy unmatched by any other player in the future. But my main concern is the Lakers winning title #17 and 18.

But back to Kobe vs. MJ. Straight up, when I watched both play at their best, there was one thing that stood out. Kobe's teams could be beat. No matter who was Kobe's teammates, there was a chance the Lakers could lose. Even when the Lakers won titles, you didn't always believe the Lakers could win. Well except those two years when Kobe and Shaq were dominate together. But that was because those two were together. On the flip side, there was no question the Bulls were going to win. Watch the 1996-1997 season of the Bulls, it was amazing. It was about winning, and the Bulls just won all the time. I remember the Lakers up 18 to begin the 4th quarter, Shaq was as dominate as ever and the Bulls made a huge comeback. It was unbelievable because the Lakers in 1996-1997 were still a great team. But those Bulls were just unbelievable. You watch Michael Jordan and you knew he wasn't going to let his team lose. Jordan would will his team to victory. He was everything Kobe was, but better. 81 points, Michael didn't need to score 81 points. He would do whatever it takes to win, and if he needed to score 81 then he would have scored 85. Jordan had his way with defenses in a way I've never seen Kobe do. Kobe would force shots, and make crazy shots look easy. Michael would take difficult defenses and slice them up in a way that he made the defense look easy and get the easy shot. Also, Michael played the center position in the triangle, Kobe played the wing. So Jordan was more involved with the ball. These are the differences. And at the end of the day, Michael was better than Kobe.

Sccit

Legacy wise. Sure.

Listen Sccittles. Let's clear some air right now. How am I on some anti-Laker shit when I said Michael was better than Kobe at their best? It's true. At their best, Jordan would play circles around Bryant, and Kobe would agree. Michael is better than Kobe, end of subject. Just like Kobe is better than LeBron at their best, end of subject. Just like in 2013, LeBron is better than 2013 Kobe, end of subject. These things are not really debated, as everyone but you has these opinions, oh and the few trolls who think LeBron at his best is better than Kobe at his best.

And don't question my Laker card. Shit, I've been a fan since the days of Magic and Kareem, never missed a game on KCAL or PrimeTicket/Fox Sports West for many years. Even when I was gone, I still watched as many games as possible on national TV and online. And all this Kobe vs. LeBron stuff, I use to argue the same thing for Magic vs. Michael. I was on Magics side all the damn time, and the arguments everyone else uses for LeBron over Kobe, I used them for Magic over Michael. Assist, making others better, Magic's career FG% was 52%, MJ's was 49%, higher rebounds per game. All these stats, hell at the time MJ only had 3-5 rings and no one even brought that into consideration. I was riding for the Lakers LONG before you were, and I was using the same arguments everyone uses for LeBron. For years I sat back and thought of it as ironic that what others used to back up MJ, you used to back up Kobe. It was just funny to me. So now I don't bother arguing for the sake of allegiance. When it comes to players, I can give a damn if the Lakers have the greatest player of all time. My only concern is seeing the Lakers getting banner #17 and 18 so we can finally pass up the Boston Celtics. That's my only care in the world about basketball right now. Being better than Boston. As for the the players, I can live with MJ being the greatest of all time, because to me that did nothing to stop LA for eventually getting to title #16. As a fan, I can't affect the game at all posting on DubCC.com or Lakersground with all the other Kobe dick suckers.

Keep in mind, and you know I said this pre-2004, I was on the side of Shaq. I liked Shaq more than Kobe, and when Shaq left I was torn between my favorite player in the league (I use to like Shaq even as a Orlando Magic as while, but still rooted for the Lakers so the summer of 1996 was an amazing time for me) and the team I was loyal to since I was a little kid. Kobe's legacy means nothing to me really, it's just as long as he keeps winning for the Lakers. I still have my Kobe jersey, I still hope he wins 6 rings eventually and I would love for him to have a legacy unmatched by any other player in the future. But my main concern is the Lakers winning title #17 and 18.

But back to Kobe vs. MJ. Straight up, when I watched both play at their best, there was one thing that stood out. Kobe's teams could be beat. No matter who was Kobe's teammates, there was a chance the Lakers could lose. Even when the Lakers won titles, you didn't always believe the Lakers could win. Well except those two years when Kobe and Shaq were dominate together. But that was because those two were together. On the flip side, there was no question the Bulls were going to win. Watch the 1996-1997 season of the Bulls, it was amazing. It was about winning, and the Bulls just won all the time. I remember the Lakers up 18 to begin the 4th quarter, Shaq was as dominate as ever and the Bulls made a huge comeback. It was unbelievable because the Lakers in 1996-1997 were still a great team. But those Bulls were just unbelievable. You watch Michael Jordan and you knew he wasn't going to let his team lose. Jordan would will his team to victory. He was everything Kobe was, but better. 81 points, Michael didn't need to score 81 points. He would do whatever it takes to win, and if he needed to score 81 then he would have scored 85. Jordan had his way with defenses in a way I've never seen Kobe do. Kobe would force shots, and make crazy shots look easy. Michael would take difficult defenses and slice them up in a way that he made the defense look easy and get the easy shot. Also, Michael played the center position in the triangle, Kobe played the wing. So Jordan was more involved with the ball. These are the differences. And at the end of the day, Michael was better than Kobe.

kobe would not agree, and if u really think that then u are a complete idiot who doesnt know the first thing about kobe as a player. ur not on some laker hater shit for sayin jordan is better, it's all a matter of opinion. ur a laker hater for tryna laugh off others who have a difference of opinion, especially when it's pro-lakers. u do realize that michael bein the consensus GOAT is a media driven thing, right? many have already explored the notion of his untouchable status having to do with him comin into the nba right when marketing took off, thus bein the lovechild of david stern and the nba machine. or are u too fuckin retarded to wrap ur mind around a concept like that? point is, i've stated it before..the greatests of all-time can all be argued as the greatest, and theres about 10 players in the category. but they were all the greatest at what they did. some basketball enthusiasts would argue russell or magic as the goat...i've even heard wilt. i dont have a problem with any. but to laugh off the greatness of kobe, and me sayin him at his prime could beat jordan is pretty funny. i didnt even compare them career wise, just comparin 81 point kobe to 69 point jordan. kobe, at that point in his career, was able to do everything jordan could do + shoot and handle the ball better. now go somewhere else with them laker hatin undertones, son.

and yea, kobe's team could be beat, just like jordan's could prior to pippen becomin a perennial superstar...come on, now lmao. how bad have they got u, my sheeple? u really dont realize how good pippen was, do u? it was more convenient than havin a shaq, because pippen actually deferred to jordan, facilitated his offense, AND shut down opposing perimeter players. who had to shut down the perimeter when LA was winnin? thats right, kobe...and lmao@mj scoring 85. get off his nuts, stern fucked u good. mj's career high was 69 in overtime and he attempted more shots than kobe ever did LOL come on, now.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
You can argue between different players, but Kobe and MJ were the same position doing the same thing and MJ was better than Kobe at doing it. Everything I saw, Michael was better than Kobe.

As for how good Pippen was, look at some of the stuff I've posted before. I was talking about how the Bulls were great in the time Jordan was playing minor league baseball. Pippen was great, at the same time the Lakers have had some great teams around Kobe too. Don't act like he won with Kwame and Smush Parker. Pau Gasol is no joke.

As for arguing against pro-Laker arguments. No, Kobe as GOAT is not pro-Laker, that's pro-Kobe. There is a difference. Pro-Laker argument is the Showtrime Lakers>>>Russell's Celtics, or 1972 Lakers>>>1997 Bulls. That's not what you do, you take a player that's obviously better than Kobe at what Kobe does, and you say Kobe is better. Nah homie, you need to be checked because that is straight bull shit!

Sccit

You can argue between different players, but Kobe and MJ were the same position doing the same thing and MJ was better than Kobe at doing it. Everything I saw, Michael was better than Kobe.

As for how good Pippen was, look at some of the stuff I've posted before. I was talking about how the Bulls were great in the time Jordan was playing minor league baseball. Pippen was great, at the same time the Lakers have had some great teams around Kobe too. Don't act like he won with Kwame and Smush Parker. Pau Gasol is no joke.

As for arguing against pro-Laker arguments. No, Kobe as GOAT is not pro-Laker, that's pro-Kobe. There is a difference. Pro-Laker argument is the Showtrime Lakers>>>Russell's Celtics, or 1972 Lakers>>>1997 Bulls. That's not what you do, you take a player that's obviously better than Kobe at what Kobe does, and you say Kobe is better. Nah homie, you need to be checked because that is straight bull shit!

pau gasol was no joke, but he is not scottie pippen, not even close...so kobe has done it with less...and werent u sayin the other day how kobe has a better stroke than jordan? so how is mj better at "doin everything"? smfh...media perception, my friend. different career paths, different outcomes. again, there is nothin jordan could have done that kobe in his prime couldnt. only difference was that kobe had lesser teammaters, but as far as pure skill goes, kobe could do everything jordan could+had a cleaner stroke and was more deadly when he heated up. that is all.

and when u argue for laker players, yes, that is pro lakers...LOL. thats common sense, my boy. ur arguments are baseless...u even said kobe would tell u MJ is better when kobe himself said he could beat MJ in his prime. u dont know ur lakers and ur very influenceable. check yaself.

teecee

Legacy wise. Sure.

kobe would not agree, and if u really think that then u are a complete idiot who doesnt know the first thing about kobe as a player. ur not on some laker hater shit for sayin jordan is better, it's all a matter of opinion. ur a laker hater for tryna laugh off others who have a difference of opinion, especially when it's pro-lakers. u do realize that michael bein the consensus GOAT is a media driven thing, right? many have already explored the notion of his untouchable status having to do with him comin into the nba right when marketing took off, thus bein the lovechild of david stern and the nba machine. or are u too fuckin retarded to wrap ur mind around a concept like that? point is, i've stated it before..the greatests of all-time can all be argued as the greatest, and theres about 10 players in the category. but they were all the greatest at what they did. some basketball enthusiasts would argue russell or magic as the goat...i've even heard wilt. i dont have a problem with any. but to laugh off the greatness of kobe, and me sayin him at his prime could beat jordan is pretty funny. i didnt even compare them career wise, just comparin 81 point kobe to 69 point jordan. kobe, at that point in his career, was able to do everything jordan could do + shoot and handle the ball better. now go somewhere else with them laker hatin undertones, son.

and yea, kobe's team could be beat, just like jordan's could prior to pippen becomin a perennial superstar...come on, now lmao. how bad have they got u, my sheeple? u really dont realize how good pippen was, do u? it was more convenient than havin a shaq, because pippen actually deferred to jordan, facilitated his offense, AND shut down opposing perimeter players. who had to shut down the perimeter when LA was winnin? thats right, kobe...and lmao@mj scoring 85. get off his nuts, stern fucked u good. mj's career high was 69 in overtime and he attempted more shots than kobe ever did LOL come on, now.

You do realize MJ is considered the GOAT due to what he accomplished individually and team wise, right?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

pau gasol was no joke, but he is not scottie pippen, not even close...so kobe has done it with less...and werent u sayin the other day how kobe has a better stroke than jordan? so how is mj better at "doin everything"? smfh...media perception, my friend. different career paths, different outcomes. again, there is nothin jordan could have done that kobe in his prime couldnt. only difference was that kobe had lesser teammaters, but as far as pure skill goes, kobe could do everything jordan could+had a cleaner stroke and was more deadly when he heated up. that is all.

and when u argue for laker players, yes, that is pro lakers...LOL. thats common sense, my boy. ur arguments are baseless...u even said kobe would tell u MJ is better when kobe himself said he could beat MJ in his prime. u dont know ur lakers and ur very influenceable. check yaself.

Let's see, we'll take the 2009-2010 Lakers vs. the 1995-1996 Bulls.

PG: Derek Fisher vs. Ron Artest
SG: Kobe Bryant vs. Michael Jordan
SF: Ron Artest vs. Scottie Pippen
PF: Pau Gasol vs. Dennis Rodman
C: Andrew Bynum vs. Luc Longley

Bench:
Lakers:
Lamar Odom
Shannon Brown
Jordan Farmar
D. J. Mbenga
Josh Powell
Sasha Vujačić
Luke Walton
Bulls:
Toni Kukoc
Steve Kerr
Randy Brown
Jud Buechler
John Salley
Bill Wennington
James Edwards

Okay, here is what I noticed. In 1995-1996 for the Bulls, only 3 players got double digit points per game (Jordan, Pippen, Kukoc). On the flip side, the 2009-2010 Lakers had 5 players average double digit points per game (Bryant, Gasol, Bynum, Odom and Artest). Well it looks like Pippen would be better than any given Laker outside of Bryant, the next 4 Lakers were better than any other Bull, outside of Rodman because he was very hard to measure. Also, once the playoffs hit, Derek Fisher also went to 10ppg, as his points went up, which made up for Bynum who as we remember suffered a knee injury during the playoffs. So well Bynum's production may have decreased, the Lakers had players to pick up the slack.

So well Pippen is better than the other Lakers, the other Lakers looked to be better than the Bulls. What is hard to measure is defense, as the 95-96 Bulls were known to be one of the greatest defensive teams in NBA history. With that said, the 09-10 Lakers were not that shabby on defense themselves. If these two teams played, it actually would be a great series.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
That was harssssh ether.

Sccit

lmao this genius just compared the 96 bulls to the Laker team with Gasol as the 2nd fiddle that got swept by Dallas....smfh. it would take some1 like cham to not laugh at u for that.

rodman, the 3rd best player on the bulls, was better than gasol, ya braindead muthafucka. the role players on chicago shitted on ours, as well. toni kukoc and steve kerr, knock down shooters, which we never had. how do u have the nerve to say such retarded shit and not feel like a complete dumbass..seriously. u makin the laker haters proud, and thats about it, mdoggydogg.

Sccit

That was harssssh ether.

stop stretching ur words like that :camp: