Author Topic: You better watch what you say or you'll get shot and carried away  (Read 461 times)

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Teenager Cameron D’Ambrosio faces up to 20 years in prison on “terror” charges for making reference to the Boston Marathon bombings in a Facebook post.

The prosecution of D’Ambrosio has all the hallmarks of a calculated test case, designed to roll back further the protections of the First Amendment and flex the state’s expanding power to regulate speech. It is designed to send a message that under the new legal framework imposed in the course of the so-called “war on terror,” people have to “watch what they say.”

D’Ambrosio, 18, attends Methuen High School in Massachusetts. He was arrested on May 2 on terror charges and accused of making a bomb threat. He is currently being held without bail. Police subsequently raided D’Ambrosio’s home, seizing an XBox 360 gaming system and a computer.

According to media reports, the teenager’s “bomb threat” consists of the following rap lyrics: “I’m not in reality, So when u see me f--- go insane and make the news, the paper, and the f--- federal house of horror known as the white house, Don’t f--- cry or be worried because all YOU people f--- caused this s---.”

D’Ambrosio also posted: “F--- a boston bominb (sic) wait till u see the s--- I do, I’ma be famous rapping, and beat every murder charge that comes across me!”

Acquaintances of D’Ambrosio, who posts raps on Facebook under the alter-ego of “Cammy Dee,” expressed shock at the charges. Many felt that, in the hyperbolic braggadocio of the rap genre, D’Ambrosio was not threatening to unleash anything more than “famous rapping.”

Fraxxx

Re: You better watch what you say or you'll get shot and carried away
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 12:24:02 PM »
Poor kid. Not necessairly a calculated test but the boy is fucked anyhow. If he's lucky he's not gonna get charged. If he is, his family better has money for a good lawyer.

And again, I really can't judge how this went down exactly, but the consequences he had to face until now alone will make anyone else think twice about what they write online.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 01:55:23 PM »

Hey Fraxx, that's exactly the point, they are exploiting something which  went down elsewhere to send a chilling warning that you better be careful of everything you write.
The kid might be an idiot, but I don't think that being an idiot is a crime, if it was about 50% of the west should be behind bars.

Sami

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 02:45:43 PM »
That's the whole point, virtuoso. They want to put 90% of the world population in prison to make it easier to kill us all.

Fraxxx

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 12:49:26 AM »

Hey Fraxx, that's exactly the point, they are exploiting something which  went down elsewhere to send a chilling warning that you better be careful of everything you write.
The kid might be an idiot, but I don't think that being an idiot is a crime, if it was about 50% of the west should be behind bars.

I'm with you there. But make it 60%. Of the whole world. :D
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 01:20:31 AM »
our constitutional rights havent been fully granted to us for a long while now.  people in power who are scared and clueless about reality - like this guy really inteded to commit a violent crime here probably not.  these same people are making these decisions based upon public safety, without regard for the law that theyre upholding.  The higher ups who ok'd this arrest and prosecution should be fired at the very least and unless people demand it, it aint gonna happen, and they will continue this path.
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup