Author Topic: (video) Ice Cube - "The Big Show"  (Read 958 times)

HighEyeCue

Re: (video) Ice Cube - "The Big Show"
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2013, 03:41:19 PM »
I have a feeling that Cube doesn't want to pay for beats, so he just takes what ever he gets. He makes money from TV and movies, his music isn't sellin' like it used to.

this

kardinal

• 'G'
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2013, 03:56:48 PM »
I would not call the track wack. Beat aint nothing special but a good mix of old and new. It fits Cube's flow. At least he is trying to be creative. Its obvious we want hear a 100% straight old school west coast beats album. Cube is trying to be modern and not being stuck in the past. If you have noticed every album he is experimenting with music, flows, hooks. At least he is putting albums out. I doubt he is not making money out of them but he can survive without them. Even with cheap beats and hook like this he still shits on most of the new rappers.

Okka

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2013, 04:24:27 PM »
I would not call the track wack. Beat aint nothing special but a good mix of old and new. It fits Cube's flow. At least he is trying to be creative. Its obvious we want hear a 100% straight old school west coast beats album. Cube is trying to be modern and not being stuck in the past. If you have noticed every album he is experimenting with music, flows, hooks. At least he is putting albums out. I doubt he is not making money out of them but he can survive without them. Even with cheap beats and hook like this he still shits on most of the new rappers.

I just heard that Cube fired his ghostwriter. That's why he comin' with these simple rhymes that remind you of Eazy on Bone Thugs N-Harmony's "Foe Tha Love Of Money".

kardinal

• 'G'
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2013, 05:05:14 PM »
Well, the idea of the song is not revolutionary but he serves in a different way.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2013, 07:06:15 PM »
I would not call the track wack. Beat aint nothing special but a good mix of old and new. It fits Cube's flow. At least he is trying to be creative. Its obvious we want hear a 100% straight old school west coast beats album. Cube is trying to be modern and not being stuck in the past.

Modern has nothing to do with it. The beat is weak. And I'm a guy who doesn't give a shit about what coast a beat sounds like.

run-of-the-millian

• 'G'
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2013, 08:46:11 PM »
Oh man horrible song and horrible video. They are trying to promote their company with this crap? :D If the video is based on the lyrics and a bunch of still images like that you need a really tight sync with the music, yeah it takes time to get it right if that's a problem don't do it at all.

bouli77

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2013, 04:49:36 AM »
"I put money on the books for my nigga J-Dee"

Hasn't J-Dee been calling out Cube while doing life in prison ?

anyway, weak hook, wack concept but it's somehow catchy.

pixtr

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2013, 06:37:53 AM »

I just heard that Cube fired his ghostwriter. That's why he comin' with these simple rhymes that remind you of Eazy on Bone Thugs N-Harmony's "Foe Tha Love Of Money".
Ice cube had ghostwriter? It's a joke? He always made good rhymes and that's he could be a ghostwriter.

So Cube is cool again with Sir Jinx?

gio™fugahoo

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2013, 07:18:29 AM »
I have a feeling that Cube doesn't want to pay for beats, so he just takes what ever he gets. He makes money from TV and movies, his music isn't sellin' like it used to.

You speaking the truth
But Thats Not only Cube
For me it Looks like the wanna make a quick Buck with Music and Beats Made in Five minutes
When u going threw History of making a Album
They was actually in the Studio together creating the Beat and the Song
Fuck it today the just Mail the Beat and the verses

Thats wy
E-A-SKI   Analog

Okka

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2013, 09:13:04 AM »
"I put money on the books for my nigga J-Dee"

Hasn't J-Dee been calling out Cube while doing life in prison ?

Yeah, for a long time. It's cool that Cube did that though if it's true.

Ice cube had ghostwriter? It's a joke? He always made good rhymes and that's he could be a ghostwriter.

I was just fuckin' around with the "ghostwriter" comment.

OldSkool

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2013, 08:07:13 AM »
Really hating this whole Hollywood rubbish... just as I cringed when he became the Don Mega...

It's not as bad as his recent efforts, the only exciting thing was he held an olive branch to Jinx, claimed to be putting money aside for J-Dee (I'd like to hear J-Dee's side to this) and Shorty...

Maybe just Maybe a guest track with the Da Lench Mob members, produced by Jinx.... okay I will stop dreaming...

I agree with the comments about cube picking whack beats!!! He's made his money...

He won't care but I'm always surprised when he comes out with comments claiming he's making albums for his core fans, he then releases tracks with southern beats with weak lyrics and the consensus in the forums says "FAIL!"

gio™fugahoo

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2013, 09:13:16 AM »
Really hating this whole Hollywood rubbish... just as I cringed when he became the Don Mega...

It's not as bad as his recent efforts, the only exciting thing was he held an olive branch to Jinx, claimed to be putting money aside for J-Dee (I'd like to hear J-Dee's side to this) and Shorty...

Maybe just Maybe a guest track with the Da Lench Mob members, produced by Jinx.... okay I will stop dreaming...

I agree with the comments about cube picking whack beats!!! He's made his money...

He won't care but I'm always surprised when he comes out with comments claiming he's making albums for his core fans, he then releases tracks with southern beats with weak lyrics and the consensus in the forums says "FAIL!"

Preach

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2013, 12:59:16 PM »
cube is back on his bullshit