Author Topic: camrons crime pays album  (Read 517 times)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
camrons crime pays album
« on: May 31, 2013, 09:21:36 PM »
that shit was way better then alot of yall said.

yeah it might not hold a candle to his early shit but it imo is overhated...there was some bangers on it.

Blood$

Re: camrons crime pays album
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 06:52:57 AM »
I was just bumping "I Used To Get It In Ohio" last night before I got tanked

run-of-the-millian

• 'G'
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 10:36:26 AM »
It has some great songs but as an album it feels more like a collection of random stuff.

My favorite song is "I Hate My Job". Cam showing some real versatility on it too doing a real "everyman" song instead of a "baller" song.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/CNviq9qadrs" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/CNviq9qadrs</a>

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 10:50:14 AM »
It has some great songs but as an album it feels more like a collection of random stuff.

My favorite song is "I Hate My Job". Cam showing some real versatility on it too doing a real "everyman" song instead of a "baller" song.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/CNviq9qadrs" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/CNviq9qadrs</a>

agreed the engineering on that record is a lil questionable maybe i nevr heard a group rip.

Morphine

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 12:04:35 PM »
i never got into cam´s music really , name some of his best work and i´ll try to see what´s the big deal

run-of-the-millian

• 'G'
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 12:27:13 PM »
The big deal about Cam is that he says some ingeniously funny stuff IMO.

He's featured on 5 songs (and probably wrote more) on Jim Jones' On My Way To Church which is one of my favorite albums.

Other albums worth checking out Cam'ron - Purple Haze, Diplomats - Diplomatic Immunity, maybe even that old Children Of The Corn album.

But really some of his best lines are in features, in the (very many) Dipset mixtapes, even freestyles (plenty of them on youtube btw).

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2013, 12:43:10 PM »
just listen to purple haze in its entirety while really high.

i promise youll like it. that album was the one that finally won me over. i liked "oh boy" but thought come home with me felt rushed big time.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2013, 12:45:33 PM »

He's featured on 5 songs (and probably wrote more) on Jim Jones' On My Way To Church which is one of my favorite albums.

Other albums worth checking out Cam'ron - Purple Haze, Diplomats - Diplomatic Immunity, maybe even that old Children Of The Corn album.

But really some of his best lines are in features, in the (very many) Dipset mixtapes, even freestyles (plenty of them on youtube btw).

and let's not forgot the Children of the Corn era

run-of-the-millian

• 'G'
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2013, 12:52:22 PM »

Read my post again I didn't. :D

But to be honest I kinda have, can't remember anything but the American Dream song. Making that green is the American dream... Need to listen to that stuff again.

Morphine

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2013, 12:53:19 PM »
i´m bumpin S.D.E. on spotify right now , this is alright on the first listen but i can see what you say about clever lines . i´ve heard some of his features on other rappers´ tracks and he has his moments.

thanks for the suggestions , i´ll check em

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2013, 12:54:11 PM »

nigga he said children of the corn.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2013, 12:54:28 PM »

But to be honest I kinda have, can't remember anything but the American Dream song. Making that green is the American dream... Need to listen to that stuff again.

haha my B

i loved that COTC album...Bloodshed was one ill ass lyricist.  too bad he died in that car crash.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2013, 12:55:36 PM »
i´m bumpin S.D.E. on spotify right now , this is alright on the first listen but i can see what you say about clever lines . i´ve heard some of his features on other rappers´ tracks and he has his moments.

thanks for the suggestions , i´ll check em

see that album wasnt one of his bests i liked five songs on it but those five songs were fucking HUGE. i think i hearde a different version then retail before i actually heard the retail i dont remember

listen to purple haze.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2013, 12:57:56 PM »

haha my B

i loved that COTC album...Bloodshed was one ill ass lyricist.  too bad he died in that car crash.

i didnt hear children of the corn until 04 i wasnt big fans of camron mase or macgruff but i once i heard it i was like damn. these dudes were fresher then the lox.

Morphine

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2013, 12:58:42 PM »
yeah , that´s what i thought. some of this is dope but many boring songs .

i´ll get to purple haze next, i just need to find my weed, i displaced it lol