Author Topic: Kobe looking to facilitate next year...."21-22 points & 10-11 assists"  (Read 796 times)

Sccit

Lakers News: Kobe Will Aim To Be More Of A Facilitator Next Season

By Ryan Cole| June 4, 2013

Lakers star Kobe Bryant sat down with ESPNLA’s Dave McMenamin on Monday at the Lakers practice facility for 30 minutes to answer a wide variety of questions. Their discussion topics ranged from his feelings about Dwight Howard’s future as a Laker, to his opinion of Phil Jackson’s comparison between him and Michael Jordan.

One interesting thing Kobe discussed was how he would adjust to playing next season coming off surgery on his torn achilles. Here is what he had to say:

“You have to be able to adapt. During this last season, I was able to find areas to adjust my game to help us win, in terms of being more of an assist guy. You got to pick up certain areas and a lot of it depends on just the team that you have and the guys that you have around you. I’m more than comfortable just sitting back and scoring 21, 22 points or whatever and getting 10, 11 assists whatever the case might be. More than comfortable with that. It’s just a matter of the pieces that you have around you and what you can do to elevate everybody else.”

This past season Kobe took more of a playmaking role when Steve Nash was in-and-out of the lineup due to nagging injuries. At one stretch toward the end of January, he had back-t0-back games with 14 assists against the Utah Jazz and Oklahoma City Thunder.

It is going to be interesting to see whether Kobe holds true to his word and actually shies away from scoring. He’s played one way his entire career and changing this late could be detrimental toward the team’s success in what could be his final season in the NBA. One thing is for certain, Kobe’s shown throughout his career that he’ll do whatever it takes to win.

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-kobe-will-aim-to-be-more-of-a-facilitator-next-season/2013/06/04/

next season should be an interesting one, no doubt.

Hack Wilson - real

Sccit

lol@being dumb enough to put something basketball-related past kobe :stupid:

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Hmm...sounds like a pure swagger jack if I ever saw one. Nice one, Kobe. Best of luck to ya.

Hack Wilson - real

Kobe better concentrate on being healthy before anything

second off he's never averaged more than 6.0 assists per game in his career, he's just not that good a facilitator to get 10 per game.  and 22 points?  again let's get healthy first

Sccit

Hmm...sounds like a pure swagger jack if I ever saw one. Nice one, Kobe. Best of luck to ya.

swagger jack of who? who scores 21-22 points and dishes out 10-11 assists in the nba? i'll tell ya who....

no one

Sccit

Kobe better concentrate on being healthy before anything

second off he's never averaged more than 6.0 assists per game in his career, he's just not that good a facilitator to get 10 per game.  and 22 points?  again let's get healthy first

thats because he's always been a shoot-first player...but kobe has shown in stretches that if he wants to facilitate and be a top passer in the nba, he could do it with ease. up until now, he's always been depended on as a primary scorer. if he wants to become a primary facilitator and secondary scorer, then he will.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!

swagger jack of who? who scores 21-22 points and dishes out 10-11 assists in the nba? i'll tell ya who....

no one

A guy who averages ten more points and three assists less.

Lol @ NIK calling Kobe a "facilitator" but when LeBron gets ten dimes he's "passive".

But at least even Laker fans on this board get hint that this niggas opinion holds no weight.

Sccit

no one

A guy who averages ten more points and three assists less.

Lol @ NIK calling Kobe a "facilitator" but when LeBron gets ten dimes he's "passive".

But at least even Laker fans on this board get hint that this niggas opinion holds no weight.

3 LESS ASSISTS IS HUGE....LEBRON ONLY AVERAGED 1 MORE ASSIST THAN KOBE THIS YEAR. PRETTY SAD, CONSIDERING HE'S KNOW FOR HIS PASSING AND PLAYS WITH WAY MORE KNOCK DOWN SHOOTERS. KOBE WILL NEVER BE PASSIVE...IF HE BECOMES A FACILITATOR, IT'S BECAUSE IT'S WHAT HE NEEDS TO DO, NOT CUZ HE'S SCARED TO CARRY THE WEIGHT ALA LEBRON.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Not if you score ten more points...dumb nigga.

Sccit

Not if you score ten more points...dumb nigga.

4 ASSISTS = 8-12 POINTS

LEBRON AVERAGES 27 POINTS. 27 - 22 = 5 POINT DIFFERENCE

:stupid:
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 10:24:15 AM by NIKCC »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
First of all, lol @ giving Kobe the benefit of the doubt he's going to actually average 11 assists per game.

Secondly, lol @ you still condoning Kobe being "passive".

Sccit

kobe being passive is like lebron bein aggressive. will never happen.....ever.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Just face the fact that Kobe sees how now all everyone talks about is how high LeBron's basketball IQ is & how amazing of a passer he is & how niggas be like "I see what he was trying to do all these years, those other niggas just needed to hit open shots" & Kobe, nearing the end, just wants people to recognize he could do it too if he wanted to.

Sccit

Just face the fact that Kobe sees how now all everyone talks about is how high LeBron's basketball IQ is & how amazing of a passer he is & how niggas be like "I see what he was trying to do all these years, those other niggas just needed to hit open shots" & Kobe, nearing the end, just wants people to recognize he could do it too if he wanted to.

pretty sure this has very little to do with lebron and a whole lot to do with kobe's physical capabilities deteriorating to the point where his game needs to evolve in order for him to stay elite, young'n....but u can always count on the lebron groupie to bring him up in a topic that has absolutely nothin to do with him. i expect nothin less.