Author Topic: C.V.: Dr. Dre (Productions) ©  (Read 287599 times)

maudizzle

Re: C.V.: Dr.Dre (Productions) ©
« Reply #1470 on: March 19, 2007, 09:37:39 AM »
The D.O.C. ..........Is their a Remix to "Lend Me An Ear"?...you got it on there 2 times.

lol, good call.

Album cuts include "Force of Nature" and "My Problems," which was produced
by Dr. Dre.

also find this

The one and only Dr. Dre produced "Problems" on Sunshine at Midnight.

hmm, hard to say.. would think Allmusic would have credited him if he did it.. and magazines/websites/mixtape DJ's been wrong before.

someone should get the damn album and post the exact credits ;D to me Problems sounds like a Dre production...

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #1471 on: March 19, 2007, 09:48:16 AM »
The D.O.C. ..........Is their a Remix to "Lend Me An Ear"?...you got it on there 2 times.

lol, good call.

Album cuts include "Force of Nature" and "My Problems," which was produced
by Dr. Dre.

also find this

The one and only Dr. Dre produced "Problems" on Sunshine at Midnight.

hmm, hard to say.. would think Allmusic would have credited him if he did it.. and magazines/websites/mixtape DJ's been wrong before.

someone should get the damn album and post the exact credits ;D to me Problems sounds like a Dre production...

I strongly believe it is a Dre produced song.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1472 on: March 19, 2007, 11:15:28 AM »
I doubt anyone on the forum bought Sunshine's album, but we do need the booklet credits to confirm. Any website can write that Dre or anyone else produced a track but that doesn't mean he did it.

Tony Yayo himself said that Dre produced "Live By The Gun" before AND after his album's release, even though his album's booklet clearly says produced by Focus. Some artists need the exposure I guess, but I think Sunshine kinda confirmed it when she said she had a "mix" by Dre.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1473 on: March 19, 2007, 11:20:08 AM »
I doubt anyone on the forum bought Sunshine's album, but we do need the booklet credits to confirm. Any website can write that Dre or anyone else produced a track but that doesn't mean he did it.

Tony Yayo himself said that Dre produced "Live By The Gun" before AND after his album's release, even though his album's booklet clearly says produced by Focus. Some artists need the exposure I guess, but I think Sunshine kinda confirmed it when she said she had a "mix" by Dre.

In such instances, I don't think cats like Yayo are lying. i think they seriously just don't know. focus is a dre protege, yayo prolly saw dre in the studio when that song was being worked on. song had that sound..and bam, his rapper ass isn't about to read the booklet to his CD. his film crew might catch it, leak it, and next thing you know there are cats on dubcnn talking about how much of a faggot he is because he's reading you know?

anyway, can someone hook that track? tracks that people say are dre produced that aren't, are often that good.
-T

westcoastavengers.com

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1474 on: March 19, 2007, 11:22:29 AM »

furthermore, dre protege tracks are as good as the real thing. Hittman's Hittmanic verses and King t's thy kingdom come...the beats are not all dre produced yet the non dre produced ones hold up to the same level of quality the dre beats do.
a)dre influenced them
b)dre trained them
c)dre oversaw what beats would be on the record, chose dopely

look at 'where i'm from' from documentary. might as well be dre. shit, even too much from DA, might as well be dre. both produced by dre trained, dre influenced dre proteges. why not say dre did it? from a consumer standpoint, it's just as well.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1475 on: March 19, 2007, 11:42:47 AM »
"why not say dre did it? from a consumer standpoint, it's just as well."

Because it's an insult to the actual producer for an artist to not acknowledge them for their work ( on one hand )

On the other hand, a producer like Focus could take it as a compliment...still though, if I were a producer and the rapper I gave the beat to goes around saying someone else did it, I'd be annoyed. It probably even annoys Dre, who knows...

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1476 on: March 19, 2007, 02:31:23 PM »

why not say dre did it? from a consumer standpoint, it's just as well.

-T

Trust, I rarely say things without thinking and I rarely think thoughts that ain't legitimate.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

gav09

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1477 on: March 19, 2007, 04:00:08 PM »
I agree that a lot of ppl r trained by dre and the tracks in question r chose by dre, but u gotta giv the producer credit 4 makin the track! And im sure that in an interview the producers wud credit dre 4 trainin them!

But its all good music!
I will believe Detox when I hear a single for it and have the album in my hands.
but what if you loose your hands before Detox drops?

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1478 on: March 19, 2007, 04:25:09 PM »
I agree that a lot of ppl r trained by dre and the tracks in question r chose by dre, but u gotta giv the producer credit 4 makin the track! And im sure that in an interview the producers wud credit dre 4 trainin them!

But its all good music!

that's true, i was just sayin from a consumer standpoint.

and actually, alot of co producers don't give dre his props. they try to act like it was all them in these interviews when dre is the only one doing the damn thang consistently you know?

-T

westcoastavengers.com

gav09

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1479 on: March 19, 2007, 04:28:02 PM »
^^^Yeah I hear ya! Even if dre dint train them, they certainly studied his music and owe him props anyway!
I will believe Detox when I hear a single for it and have the album in my hands.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1480 on: March 19, 2007, 04:53:31 PM »
^^^Yeah I hear ya! Even if dre dint train them, they certainly studied his music and owe him props anyway!
\
yeah like storch and hi tek...they weren't dre trained per se, but they have learned from him since working with him. it's clear in their sound

-T

westcoastavengers.com

gav09

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1481 on: March 19, 2007, 05:05:52 PM »
^^^Word up! U can tell that frm listenin 2 them!

TRG

« Reply #1482 on: March 19, 2007, 06:36:11 PM »

gav09

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1483 on: March 20, 2007, 04:44:37 AM »
^^^Nice track! Not sure if its Dre tho, my 1st instinct wud b 2 say no its not, but i cud b wrong!

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1484 on: March 20, 2007, 10:44:23 AM »

westcoastavengers.com