Author Topic: As a Peace offering to NIKCC... I will start this debate  (Read 2518 times)

Sccit

Re: As a Peace offering to NIKCC... I will start this debate
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2013, 12:36:09 PM »
This concerns both NIIK and Cham, since they've been arguing in circles for ages. You can't act this way: when discussing individual acomplishments "Kobe/Jordan/Lebron had shitty teammates, if not he'd achieve more". But when comparing other players on the same team you go "X is better than Y because Kobe/Jordan/Lebron made them better".

You just can't. One time your saying his team sucked, the other time you're saying how Kobe/Jordan/Lebron made them great. Which means, their team was great. Doesn't matter why or how, but by that logic the team was great.

if ur gunna sit here and compare lebron's current cast to kwame, smush, luke, and co. then we not really gunna be able to have a legit discussion. those guys are impossible to make great, kobe got the most he could out of those guys. on the other hand, wade and bosh's potential is far from being maximized under lebron.

Sccit

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2013, 12:39:12 PM »
My argument for when they had shitty teammates is that they had equally shitty rosters and LeBron did way more more.

As for making someone better, I'm going to leave that alone. It's not even worth my words if this nigga really thinks Kobe is a good teammate, let alone making others better.

fact of the matter is, it wasnt "equally shitty rosters"...cleveland was contending teams back in those days, with more than 1 all-star, and consistently a top defensive unit in the league. lakers were literally playing with d-league talent, not with mo williams, anderson varaejo, larry hughes, zydrunas ilgauskas, antawn jamison, and a buncha sharp shooters who could actually play team defense...the fact that u even compare those cleveland teams to the smush parker lakers just goes to show where ur knowledge stands. 

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2013, 12:40:58 PM »
Good to see the OG's Nik and MDogg making peace offerings, but I have to disagree with you all on this Lebron hate.

Cham may be right in this argument.  I don't think the Lebron criticism is justified.  What I've noticed is that dude just knows when to turn it on and turn it off.  It's not good for him to try to take over every second of every game.  It would make him too tired, prevent his teammates from getting into the flow of games, and allow the defense to just key in on Lebron.

So what Lebron does is he incorporates his teammates generally, and then any time there is a threat of them losing the series he turns it on when he has to.  I mean.. game 1 there was no serious threat, so he deffered to his teammates.  But no way he was going to let the Heat go down 0-2, so he made damn sure they won Game 2.  Same thing with Game 4, Lebron was very aggressive and powerful in Game 4.

For me it's Jordan #1, and then I'm still undecided on Kobe vs. Lebron for #2.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2013, 01:13:12 PM »
Good to see the OG's Nik and MDogg making peace offerings, but I have to disagree with you all on this Lebron hate.

Cham may be right in this argument.  I don't think the Lebron criticism is justified.  What I've noticed is that dude just knows when to turn it on and turn it off.  It's not good for him to try to take over every second of every game.  It would make him too tired, prevent his teammates from getting into the flow of games, and allow the defense to just key in on Lebron.

So what Lebron does is he incorporates his teammates generally, and then any time there is a threat of them losing the series he turns it on when he has to.  I mean.. game 1 there was no serious threat, so he deffered to his teammates.  But no way he was going to let the Heat go down 0-2, so he made damn sure they won Game 2.  Same thing with Game 4, Lebron was very aggressive and powerful in Game 4.

For me it's Jordan #1, and then I'm still undecided on Kobe vs. Lebron for #2.

lol u out ya damn mind....either that, or u havent been watchin the games. which is it?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2013, 02:46:18 PM »

lol u out ya damn mind....either that, or u havent been watchin the games. which is it?

Yo... I didn't put him ahead of Kobe, and definitely not on Jordan's level.   But it looks like the Heat will take this series, and they will be the favorites again next year.  That's 3-peat territory, how can you not think of him on the level of Kobe at that point?

Sccit

« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2013, 05:44:24 PM »

Yo... I didn't put him ahead of Kobe, and definitely not on Jordan's level.   But it looks like the Heat will take this series, and they will be the favorites again next year.  That's 3-peat territory, how can you not think of him on the level of Kobe at that point?

because wade led the team in the last game, and in the 3 games before that, lebron underperformed. theres a reason he bolted to miami, and if u dont see that, then u gotta watch more, homie.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2013, 06:06:21 PM »
Alright homie... I'm watchin this whole game beggining to end, and the rest of the series, I'm gonna see what's up

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2013, 07:58:58 PM »
Lmao. Son's making up his own versions of the game.

Brian, I see you my nigga. 8)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2013, 11:18:08 AM »
Okay.. I peeped the whole game last night.  And I still think the game didn't really matter.  I mean.. the Heat only had to win 1 game in San Antonio, they did their job there even though it didn't look like it.

Now, game 6 and game 7 you can truly judge Lebron.

Sccit

« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2013, 11:24:47 AM »
Okay.. I peeped the whole game last night.  And I still think the game didn't really matter.  I mean.. the Heat only had to win 1 game in San Antonio, they did their job there even though it didn't look like it.

Now, game 6 and game 7 you can truly judge Lebron.

WHO WAS THE ALPHA MALE...WADE OR LEBRON?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2013, 11:44:28 AM »
Things are not looking good on Team LeBron camp. I predicted the Heat to win, but this is what I feared, LeBron shrinking and the Heat are foiling. If there s one thing I know about the Spurs, when they get a team to 3 games, they will get the 4th. They have two chances to get a win in Miami, and they will do it. LeBron's legacy will match that of Dr. J, Wilt, The Big O. Those are great names, and that's were it looks like LeBron will end up. I don't see the Heat making the NBA Finals next year, and over the next few years the Heat might win one more if LeBron can't figure out how to win titles. It makes last year look more like the Thunder were just not ready, as oppose to LeBron figuring it out.

There is still more basketball to play, but this is what it looks like right now.

The Spurs are headed for a closeout game Tuesday night in Game 6 at Miami with much strong history in the past.

No team in the NBA has been as successful in road closeout games.

According to ESPN.com’s Stats & Information twitter feed, the Spurs are 14-2 in potential closeout games on the road since the 2002-03 season, an .875 winning percentage.

The rest of the league is 61-75 during that span for a .449 winning percentage.

Will confidence gleaned from the past help them against the defending NBA champions?

We’ll have to wait and see.

Sccit

« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2013, 11:45:58 AM »
Things are not looking good on Team LeBron camp. I predicted the Heat to win, but this is what I feared, LeBron shrinking and the Heat are foiling. If there s one thing I know about the Spurs, when they get a team to 3 games, they will get the 4th. They have two chances to get a win in Miami, and they will do it. LeBron's legacy will match that of Dr. J, Wilt, The Big O. Those are great names, and that's were it looks like LeBron will end up. I don't see the Heat making the NBA Finals next year, and over the next few years the Heat might win one more if LeBron can't figure out how to win titles. It makes last year look more like the Thunder were just not ready, as oppose to LeBron figuring it out.

There is still more basketball to play, but this is what it looks like right now.

The Spurs are headed for a closeout game Tuesday night in Game 6 at Miami with much strong history in the past.

No team in the NBA has been as successful in road closeout games.

According to ESPN.com’s Stats & Information twitter feed, the Spurs are 14-2 in potential closeout games on the road since the 2002-03 season, an .875 winning percentage.

The rest of the league is 61-75 during that span for a .449 winning percentage.

Will confidence gleaned from the past help them against the defending NBA champions?

We’ll have to wait and see.

REAL SPIT

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2013, 03:09:42 PM »

WHO WAS THE ALPHA MALE...WADE OR LEBRON?

In game 5 it was Wade.  But like I said.. it didn't matter.  The Heat only had to win one in San Antonio.  So Lebron made sure they got their one win and they got out of there. 

So that's why I say you can judge Lebron by what he does in game 6 and game 7.  If he plays like that again in 6 and 7 when it really counts then certainly he is nowhere near the class of Jordan and Kobe. 

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2013, 06:47:44 PM »
Heat will win games 6 and 7

relax NIK

and if they don't prepare for the onslaught of Tim Duncan praise :D

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2013, 08:42:50 AM »
The Heat won game 6 and 7. My fears were just that, fears. LeBron is slowly entering the conversation as an all-time great. For how long can this continue, who knows? But it will be interesting to see.