Author Topic: Kobe Bryant picks all-time NBA team  (Read 2538 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Kobe Bryant picks all-time NBA team
« on: June 20, 2013, 08:43:27 PM »
“It’s not very difficult for me. I’d go Magic, Jordan, Bird, Russell and Jabbar."

makes sense to me

Mietek23

Re: Kobe Bryant picks all-time NBA team
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 01:20:44 AM »
“It’s not very difficult for me. I’d go Magic, Jordan, Bird, Russell and Jabbar."

makes sense to me

Good picks indeed - still, I would change Russell for Olajuwon and Kareem for Wilt 8)

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 01:42:17 AM »
yeah a straight forward all time team,

but when it comes to chemistry and how their talents and strengths come together as a team is another thing. and i mean an all time team that perfectly compliments each other.

but of course that team can excel, magic running point, micheal just weaving inside or posting up, bird on that weakside spotting up for 3's, kareem rolling around high post and russell anchroing down low.

but i rather have kobe :)

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Sccit

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 11:47:15 AM »
good picks all around

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 12:16:46 PM »
You can't knock it. Magic and Michael are obviously the greatest guards ever. The forwards, I always change, but Kobe cheated and put Russell as a forward. Makes sense, in today's league Russell would be a PF as he was 6'9", which is perfect PF size. Bird, well I hate to have two Celtics on that team, but Kareem anchoring the middle to make a second Laker, I'll accept it. LOL

One thing is for sure, no one scores on that team.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 12:17:28 PM »
i could replace Kareem with HAkeem  8)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2013, 12:19:21 PM »
i could replace Kareem with HAkeem  8)

Even head to head when Kareem was washed up, he SCHOOLED Hakeem, back when Hakeem was still Akeem. It wasn't even close. People forget how great Kareem was. I mean, he was all time great, maybe better than Jordan, but I digress because that's comparing apples and oranges.

Sccit

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2013, 01:08:22 PM »
i have no problems with anyone claimin kareem as the GOAT

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2013, 01:20:07 PM »
i have no problems with anyone claimin kareem as the GOAT

I know people HATE calling a center a GOAT, but when you think about it, he can average 30-34 ppg and 14-16 rpg in his prime, and on top of that he was one of, if not THE GOAT in college basketball, and his production carried to the NBA, where he was the dominate force in the 70's, he dominate an older Wilt when he was young, and a young Hakeem when he was old, and in his prime there was no one comparable. He is easily the best big man ever, and that's without question. Too bad Russell retired at the end of the '69 season, when Kareem was a senior at UCLA, because that would have really made him the bridge between the old guard big men of the 60's, and the stronger big men of the 80's. Kareem in the 70's really worked with a Laker team that had NOTHING, but the Lakers still dominated the Pacific Division and made the playoffs every year. He doesn't get his due at all.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2013, 02:48:31 PM »
if Kareem played 10 years earlier he'd just be another great player who couldn't get passed Bill Russell the GOAT

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2013, 06:30:19 PM »
if Kareem played 10 years earlier he'd just be another great player who couldn't get passed Bill Russell the GOAT

if kareem played 10 years earlier, russell would be lucky to have 5 rings, foreal

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2013, 06:48:18 PM »

if kareem played 10 years earlier, russell would be lucky to have 5 rings, foreal

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2013, 07:48:00 PM »

Could Russell have stopped the skyhook?

Mietek23

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2013, 03:48:15 AM »
prime-Wilt versus prime-Kareem would be the ultimate match for the "greatest center in basketball history" to watch 8)

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2013, 12:25:57 PM »

Could Russell have stopped the skyhook?

hakeem did, why not Bill?