Author Topic: The Meaning Of MOB, Bad Boy Killaz & Hidden Reels Kurt Kobane Part 3  (Read 992 times)

jmix

This interview is Part 3 in a series of interviews with Death Row Producer & Manager Kurt Kobane.
In this part we speak on:

M.O.B. A Gang Anthem? - 0:40
Tupac Scared Of Suge? - 1:58
Not Wanting To Be Around Pac? - 2:55
Bad Boy Killaz Session - 4:56
Hidden Tracks - 6:56
Dogman Running The Label - 8:34
What Happened To Artists Masters? - 9:20
Nate Dogg Taking His Masters - 9:50
The Daz Fallout - 10:07
Leaving Death Row - 10:42

abusive

Re: The Meaning Of MOB, Bad Boy Killaz & Hidden Reels Kurt Kobane Part 3
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 06:34:37 AM »
I don't know if this interview is already done and you're just posting this in pieces or if you are still conducting the interview. If this is still ongoing, can you ask him;  if he witnessed Faith Evans with Tupac, if not what he knows about it, what are some unheard tracks and albums from DR that the public might not know about, what exactly happened once the feds let their presence known to DR, whether or not the Big Meech he mentioned in a previous interview is BMF's Big Meech, if so what was his role with DR, I'm also interested in what he saw/heard about people not getting paid from their work at DR. Specifically who was to blame.

I could go on, but if this interview is already done maybe you could ask some of your up and coming guest some of these questions?
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 06:53:11 AM »
I'm pretty sure it's not the Big Meech from BMF. I think he was probably referring to a producer, since I think there was one named Dametrius Ship or something... I remember that guy getting credits for Toss It Up, so maybe it was that guy.

jmix

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 05:07:28 PM »
I don't know if this interview is already done and you're just posting this in pieces or if you are still conducting the interview. If this is still ongoing, can you ask him;  if he witnessed Faith Evans with Tupac, if not what he knows about it, what are some unheard tracks and albums from DR that the public might not know about, what exactly happened once the feds let their presence known to DR, whether or not the Big Meech he mentioned in a previous interview is BMF's Big Meech, if so what was his role with DR, I'm also interested in what he saw/heard about people not getting paid from their work at DR. Specifically who was to blame.

I could go on, but if this interview is already done maybe you could ask some of your up and coming guest some of these questions?

i am still conducting it friend. i will ask. thank you for your view and your question.

run-of-the-millian

• 'G'
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 05:30:09 PM »

He says Meech's whole name Demetrius Shipp in the interview.  :laugh:  Not "Big Meech" (Demetrius Flenory). He/BMF was working with Diddy (extorting him?) .

Pac/Faith  ::)

Don't bother the man with that shit jmix. Other questions were good I suppose.

This is a really good interview series!

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 06:44:01 PM »
can you ask him these:

1-does he like the MOB remix that got released?

2-did he try to make the beat to "fuck dre" sound similar to Forgot about dre?

abusive

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 11:46:30 PM »

He says Meech's whole name Demetrius Shipp in the interview.  :laugh:  Not "Big Meech" (Demetrius Flenory). He/BMF was working with Diddy (extorting him?) .

Thanks jmix.

I must have missed him saying his last name in the interview.

BMF stands for Big Meech Flenory and also Black Mafia Family. Pac was put on blast saying that Bad Boy was being extorted by the Black Mafia. That's the story that was run in the NY times rumor section after Pac and Aj Benza as well as Mickey Rourke were hanging out in a NY club. AJ chose to print that after Pac told him that and a hit was put on Pac over it. Of course Meech and Puffy's bodyguard got into it, Meech was shot and Puff's bodyguard Wolff got wacked. Puff's man kilt Suge's best friend as well. At one point Meech, Suge and Puff were all cool. If BMF wasn't the Black Mafia that Pac was quoted as saying was extorting Bad Boy then I would like to know what Black mafia he was talking about.

Snoop's cousin Ray J said he seen Faith evans sitting on Pac's lap at the studio. I wanted to know what Kurt knew/saw of their relationship.
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

Mr Wicked

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • way more karma than posts
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2013, 03:08:07 AM »
good work jmix
best interview so far
keep em coming

jmix

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2013, 09:00:07 PM »
thanks everyone part4 will be up tonight

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2013, 09:04:43 PM »

Thanks jmix.

I must have missed him saying his last name in the interview.

BMF stands for Big Meech Flenory and also Black Mafia Family. Pac was put on blast saying that Bad Boy was being extorted by the Black Mafia. That's the story that was run in the NY times rumor section after Pac and Aj Benza as well as Mickey Rourke were hanging out in a NY club. AJ chose to print that after Pac told him that and a hit was put on Pac over it. Of course Meech and Puffy's bodyguard got into it, Meech was shot and Puff's bodyguard Wolff got wacked. Puff's man kilt Suge's best friend as well. At one point Meech, Suge and Puff were all cool. If BMF wasn't the Black Mafia that Pac was quoted as saying was extorting Bad Boy then I would like to know what Black mafia he was talking about.

Snoop's cousin Ray J said he seen Faith evans sitting on Pac's lap at the studio. I wanted to know what Kurt knew/saw of their relationship.

Snoop is related to Ray J and Brandy?

MOBNigga06

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2013, 09:26:12 PM »
This is a GREAT interview! Keep it up.

Has a snippet of "Bad Boy Killaz" ever leaked? The description of the song sounds SICK!
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

MOBNigga06

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2013, 09:41:52 PM »
Is there a list of songs produced by Kurt Kobane anywhere?

Also, could you ask Kurt what he thinks about Tha Realest? They must have worked together a lot in the later Death Row years.
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2013, 07:19:31 AM »
Who cares about Faith and 2pac? Pac said it happened, an Biggie said it did on Brooklyn's finest. You wanna know if she sat on his lap in the studio? Who gives a fuck?

Other than that, looking forward to listening.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2013, 11:54:23 AM »
Black Mafia in NY is definitely not the same as Black Mafia Family.  The problem between BMF and Puff's old bodyguard was unrelated to Pac, Death Row or anything like that, seeing how it was YEARS later.  It was just a confrontation -- it's not like BMF never got into shit.  Same thing with Wolf.

Ray J was full of shit.  He wasn't hanging around Death Row at that time, contrary to what he said.  If he was, then he needs to get his head checked, because his stories weren't checking out... the timelines were all fucked up.  Even though Euro wiggers on this site would've smelled the inconsistencies and inaccuracies.

Corleone Diamonds

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2023, 08:40:04 PM »
How was MOB a gang anthem while Syke from IVC is on the Song?

Money Ova Bytchz