Author Topic: REPORT: Dwight Howard Likely To Ditch The Lakers  (Read 1681 times)

Sccit

Re: REPORT: Dwight Howard Likely To Ditch The Lakers
« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2013, 01:44:56 PM »
Tank? How? Houston has NOTHING of value to winning next year that they are willing to give up. The only thing they have is Harden. But the whole reason Howard would go to Houston is Harden, so that's out the question. So if Howard picks Houston, then you get the most value out of Howard you possibly can. You tell Houston to get some trades for some first round draft picks in 2014, and you say then you can have Howard, so Houston will have to trade some players that they wanted to trade to LA to other teams for their draft picks. Because you are NOT winning a title next year with Lin as your point guard. After that you sign some vet big men to one year deals, as in 2014 the Lakers will have a TON of cap space and you don't want to mess that up. This is about maximizing having Dwight Howard. If the Lakers gave up Andrew Bynum for Howard, then why not maximize this position. Look at the Cavs when they lost LeBron, they ended up with many draft picks. After 2014 the Lakers will be dumping huge portions of this roster, it's time to put pieces together to reload. After all, the Lakers never rebuild, they reload.

if u think asik, parson, and beverly wouldnt be valuable to use, then ur very much mistaking, my friend.

anyways, i think ur plan sucks...chasing draft picks are for teams like the cavs and raptors. were not getting lottery picks, so u can forget about it...were after the nba-ready players, as we should be.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2013, 01:47:49 PM »
i can't wait til Friday when Dwight is donning a Rockets uniform

OKC and Rockets in a playoff series would be amazing

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2013, 01:59:35 PM »
Tank? How? Houston has NOTHING of value to winning next year that they are willing to give up. The only thing they have is Harden. But the whole reason Howard would go to Houston is Harden, so that's out the question. So if Howard picks Houston, then you get the most value out of Howard you possibly can. You tell Houston to get some trades for some first round draft picks in 2014, and you say then you can have Howard, so Houston will have to trade some players that they wanted to trade to LA to other teams for their draft picks. Because you are NOT winning a title next year with Lin as your point guard. After that you sign some vet big men to one year deals, as in 2014 the Lakers will have a TON of cap space and you don't want to mess that up. This is about maximizing having Dwight Howard. If the Lakers gave up Andrew Bynum for Howard, then why not maximize this position. Look at the Cavs when they lost LeBron, they ended up with many draft picks. After 2014 the Lakers will be dumping huge portions of this roster, it's time to put pieces together to reload. After all, the Lakers never rebuild, they reload.

if u think asik, parson, and beverly wouldnt be valuable to use, then ur very much mistaking, my friend.

anyways, i think ur plan sucks...chasing draft picks are for teams like the cavs and raptors. were not getting lottery picks, so u can forget about it...were after the nba-ready players, as we should be.

You think the Lakers got Magic Johnson and James Worthy because they were the worst team in the league. In 1979, they owned the NO Jazz pick, and got Magic, and in 1982 they owned the Cav's pick. In 1996 they traded for Kobe during the draft and in 2005 they had their own legit draft pick and got Andrew Bynum.

Of the jerseys hanging in Staples, Elgin Baylor, Gail Goodwich, Magic Johnson, James Worthy, Jerry West all were drafted by the Lakers, and Kobe was drafted with the agreement of the Vlade trade. The ride with Kobe is great, it's amazing, but it's not going to last longer than 4 years.

Also, Beverley hardly played, Asik is OVERRATED and Parsons is the only one in that deal I'd take, but I'd need two better players than Asik and Beverley if I'm giving up Howard.

Sccit

« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2013, 02:10:28 PM »
asik was the 2nd best rebounder in the league and a good post defender.....he'd be a perfect replacement for howard, without all the bitchin and moanin for undeserved touches and respect. beverly is a young, athletic point guard who started in the playoffs for the rockets and fared well in his rookie season...exactly what we need at the 1....parson, u already know, he's extremely underrated and would be great to have....

as for drafting, look at all the players u listed....all before the draft lottery era. only bynum was drafted by us, and thats because we ended up havin such a terrible season in the rudy-t/frank hamblen era, not something that was planned..... and we traded for kobe as a gamble, he wasnt even a sure thing comin in, we expected him to be a bench player behind eddie jones with some hopes of him one day becoming an all-star....if we can make a move like that again, we will. but were not giving up our best asset for picks. if we do a sign-and-trade (which the lakers are now saying they wont do), then it'll be for contributing players.

Sccit

« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2013, 05:29:23 PM »
Kobe reportedly challenged Howard in meeting

According to witnesses, Kobe Bryant challenged Dwight Howard to stay with the Lakers and learn how to be a champion.
Bryant apparently invoked Michael Jordan's notorious hard-driving ways and told him he wouldn't let up. Kobe reportedly attempted to show Howard that he needs Bryant and the Lakers as much as they need him. "You have to learn how it's done," Bryant told Howard, witnesses described to Yahoo! Sports. "I know how to do it and I've learned from the best -- players who have won multiple times over and over." It will be very interesting to see whether Bryant's hard-nosed approach will lure Howard back to the Lakers.

Source: Yahoo! Sports Jul 3 - 6:10 PM

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2013, 05:46:02 PM »
good as gone if that's the case  8)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2013, 06:12:41 PM »
I said career wise. And Hack nailed it, he's playing with the biggest ballhog in the leagues history. Guaranteed he'd go back to a 20+per game on any other team in basketball.

You're just bitter towards dude. And he's still a better rebounder and defender than all of them.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2013, 06:38:03 PM »
Howard averaged 23 ppg one year while leading the league in rebounding

sad that his ceiling is only an average year for Patrick Ewing or David Robinson but that's better than anyone else in the league by far.  including Andrew Bumknee.

Howard benefits from Yao Ming having to retire so early...Yao was better.

Sccit

« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2013, 09:18:56 PM »
I said career wise. And Hack nailed it, he's playing with the biggest ballhog in the leagues history. Guaranteed he'd go back to a 20+per game on any other team in basketball.

You're just bitter towards dude. And he's still a better rebounder and defender than all of them.

lol@thinkin Lakers didnt need 25 ppg from Dwight....he's just exposed playing outside of Van Gundy's system. do u not understand that he has no back-to-the-basket game and cannot really create for himself?

and how exactly is he a better defender than all of them when he didnt even make all-defense and marc gasol won defensive player of the year? lmao...were going based off his most recent play, not his past. like i said, he was made to look better in orlando because 4 knock down shooters spacing the floor allowed for him to control the paint; easy putbacks and a wide open post to get spoon-fed dunks with defenders extended to threepoint territory. since u dont watch basketball and base everything off stats, u probably have no clue as the what the fuck i just said.

Sccit

« Reply #84 on: July 03, 2013, 10:46:10 PM »
Hakeem Olajuwon Offers Optimistic Prediction On Dwight Howard Picking Houston: '85 Percent'

Wednesday, July 3, 2013 11:30 pmWritten by: ThePostGame Staff

Hakeem Olajuwon is hardly the unbiased observer when it comes to the Dwight Howard sweepstakes as he was part of the Rockets' delegation to woo the free agent big man. But if you're a Rockets fan, you have to like the vibe Olajuwon got from their sit-down.

"It's an 85 percent chance he ends up in Houston," Olajuwon told ThePostGame on Wednesday. "You never know, but after that meeting we had, I feel very comfortable that we have the best chance to get him."

Olajuwon, who went to the NBA Finals three times and won two titles with the Rockets, and Clyde Drexler were among those who attended Houston's presentation to Howard on Monday in Los Angeles. While they mentioned some off-the-court perks such as how the cost of living and state taxes are more favorable in Texas than California, the central issue was basketball.

Olajuwon said he got the sense Howard liked what the Rockets were selling.

"We're going to come to you," Olajuwon said. "You have James Harden there. You have the backcourt. You're going to get the ball. The coach is there knowing we need your presence in the middle. So we were speaking his language. It's what he wanted. So he was so excited."

The Rockets might be considered the frontrunner for Howard, who has also met with Dallas, Atlanta, Golden State and the Lakers, but that means nothing if he ultimately opts to sign elsewhere.

"If you truly want to win a championship, this is the right team," Olajuwon said. "And I think he feels the sincerity that this is a true opportunity to make something special."

Regardless of team, Howard will have to cope with the considerable scrutiny that comes with being a franchise center.

"He needs to be comfortable," Olajuwon said. "There's a lot of expectations because his position is the primary position for any team. It's the foundation of any team. So he needs to accept that responsibility. When you play with a team that looks for you to establish yourself, before they can establish a team, that makes him more comfortable, knowing his role is so valuable."

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/daily-take/201307/hakeem-olajuwon-houston-rockets-dwight-howard-nba-free-agent

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #85 on: July 03, 2013, 11:35:13 PM »
"In Orlando they just set him up to 'appear' better by setting him up with a supporting cast perfect to fit his style of play. So perfect he made it to the NBA Finals."

...how stupid of me. What kind of second rate organization completely builds the team around it's stars strengths in order to be a contender. Orlando should've just put an average group of shooters around him and made him develop his post game in order to win.

"Since Al Jefferson can create for himself, despite averaging five less PPG in his career than Dwight, he's so much more valuable on offense".

...yeah. I should of figured after you think Kobe shooting a fader over three defenders is more valuable than LeBron overpowering defenders in the paint that this would come out of your mouth.

"Dwight isn't better than any of them on defense despite winning defensive player of the year three years in a row. He had an off year because Kobe is one of the worst teammates a man could ever dream for, but since he didn't get any accolades (the same accolades that are irrelevant in Kobe/MJ convos when I feel like it) he is an awful defender".

Yeah, you're not a complete moron.

Sccit

« Reply #86 on: July 03, 2013, 11:45:30 PM »
"In Orlando they just set him up to 'appear' better by setting him up with a supporting cast perfect to fit his style of play. So perfect he made it to the NBA Finals."

...how stupid of me. What kind of second rate organization completely builds the team around it's stars strengths in order to be a contender. Orlando should've just put an average group of shooters around him and made him develop his post game in order to win.

"Since Al Jefferson can create for himself, despite averaging five less PPG in his career than Dwight, he's so much more valuable on offense".

...yeah. I should of figured after you think Kobe shooting a fader over three defenders is more valuable than LeBron overpowering defenders in the paint that this would come out of your mouth.

"Dwight isn't better than any of them on defense despite winning defensive player of the year three years in a row. He had an off year because Kobe is one of the worst teammates a man could ever dream for, but since he didn't get any accolades (the same accolades that are irrelevant in Kobe/MJ convos when I feel like it) he is an awful defender".

Yeah, you're not a complete moron.

UR MISSING MY POINT...DWIGHT HOWARD WAS A BENEFICIARY OF A SYSTEM, NOT SOME1 CARRYING A TEAM. IT WAS STAN VAN GUNDY WORKIN A SYSTEM TO PERFECTION, RASHARD LEWISH, HEDO TURKOGLU, AND JAMEER NELSON WERE JUST AS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SUCCESS OF THAT TEAM AS DWIGHT.

AND AGAIN, STOP BEIN AN IDIOT AND BRINGIN UP CAREER PPG AVERAGES OF AL JEFFERSON WHEN WERE TALKIN ABOUT RIGHT NOW....GOIN BY LAST SEASON, AL JEFFERSON IS BETTER ON OFFENSE AND EVEN THE STATS SAY THAT, LET ALONE THE FACT THAT AL JEFFERSON IS NOT A TURNOVER MACHINE, A LIABILITY TO GET FOULED, AND AN OVERALL TEAM CANCER.

AND NOW KOBE IS THE REASON DWIGHT WAS SUB-PAR ON DEFENSE RUNNING A DIFFERENT SYSTEM? AND U HAVE THE NERVE TO CALL SOME1 ELSE A MORON?? LMFAO
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 11:49:48 PM by NIKCC »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #87 on: July 04, 2013, 10:27:57 AM »
Yes, you're a moron.

Dwight was the heart of the system.
Dwight scores more points on a higher FG percentage...it doesn't matter how they get scored, as long as they get scored...plus higher FG%=higher efficiency.
Dwight is the best defensive & rebounding big man in the league.
You should be drooling to hold on to him.
Kobe hurt Dwight by being his ballhoggin' ass self.

That is all.

Sccit

« Reply #88 on: July 04, 2013, 10:35:51 AM »
the best defensive big in the league who didnt make an all-defense team and came 14th in defensive player of the year voting?....lmao

ocne again, dwight was a system player. a glorified tyson chandler with more baggage and higher demands...u are a casual basketball fan who cant see past stats. one day u will understand.

oh yea, and kobe the ball-hog who is the number 1 assist getter in the league for shooting guards...lmao. and then u call me a moron smfh
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 10:40:39 AM by NIKCC »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #89 on: July 04, 2013, 10:39:46 AM »
He played with Kobe. Wades points fell playing with Bron and King actually knows how to rack assists. It's just natural.